Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a red bloodied Tory ? News to me....
Would never want to hang and flog, (I make an exception for paedophiles maybe) but a strong deterrent.
A decent society would be nice TBH...
And that will be my final say...(You will probably be pleased to hear).

You only have to utter a hint of an opposite opinion to any questionable Leftie opinion on this site and you get labelled a raging right wing Tory and worse.
In real life away from social media I usually find the preachers actually offer very little to help society

Can the leftie stasi take their political rants to the appropriate off-topic threads?

I've just read on one of the threads there about 'having respect for fellow earthlings', but clearly that doesn't extend to anyone who dares to have a view contrary to the Corbinista/Grauniad orthodoxy.

How times have changed.
25 years ago 3 white English players missed penalties in a shoot out.
I am sure they got some stick from crowds they played in front off for a while.
However, they made a pizza advert and everybody laughed at them and thought what great chaps they were whilst they pocketed the fee from the ad.
And remember these were all experienced players.
2 days ago three young black players did the same.
They have received death threats to themselves and their families. Received every conceivable form of racial abuse on the social media. We all know what Rashford has done for free regarding school meals etc.. but that is irrelevant to the mindless morons who are supposedly England supporters.
I like many others have buried my head in the sand using the excuse that it is only a tiny minority and carried on regardless.
I am sorry I think it is more than a tiny minority and it is the duty of us all to call these people out and report them to the authorities.
And I am sure we all know at least one person guilty of this.

How times have changed.
However, they made a pizza advert and everybody laughed at them and thought what great chaps they were whilst they pocketed the fee from the ad.
They have received death threats to themselves and their families. Received every conceivable form of racial abuse on the social media. We all know what Rashford has done for free regarding school meals etc.. but that is irrelevant to the mindless morons who are supposedly England supporters.
I like many others have buried my head in the sand using the excuse that it is only a tiny minority and carried on regardless.
I am sorry I think it is more than a tiny minority and it is the duty of us all to call these people out and report them to the authorities.
9facts slightly wrong but the principle still the same. Pearce and waddle missed in 1990 sorry

The only people who appear intolerant of peoples views and insulting peoples opinions from what I’ve read on here is the “left” side.

Fucking politics, Notty seems to be able to turn any thread into a politics debate and insults.

Sorry, nothing like getting up rightie-snowflakes noses. :grinning:

I'll stop now, though, some of you seem to be getting quite cross.

How times have changed.
The key phrase there is 'social media', although in the hands of neanderthals it is anything but 'social'.

25 years ago those 3 white players will have been getting plenty of stick, but over water coolers at work and over pints in pubs and presumably without a racist aspect.

Nowadays that toxic vitriol can be broadcast instantly to the players involved and to the world, seemingly without meaningful sanction and that really needs to change.

That, however, needs handling with care. The UK authorities may wish Twitter etc to provide details of racist, incitement to terrorism posts for prosecution. Other less enlightened governments may then use that as a justification for more sinister suppression.

It does seem to have gone 'off topic' - plenty of threads on there to continue the discussion!

It most definitely has not gone off topic. The post-match issues have been dominated by three things:

*Thugs smashing up London and attacking Italians
*Racists being racist to our players
*Tory MPs like Elphicke taking snide pot shots

It's sad but the football that was played has already passed into history. That lot above are still with us, and getting bolder.

And don't you dare tell me, @EastvilleIMP, that I'm the "intolerant" one. I know I'm on the right side of history and anyone who suggests otherwise is defending racism, hooliganism and far-right dog-whistle politics.

Last edited:
It most definitely has not gone off topic. The post-match issues have been dominated by three things:

*Thugs smashing up London and attacking Italians
*Racists being racist to our players
*Tory MPs like Elphicke taking snide pot shots

It's sad but the football that was played has already passed into history. That lot above are still with us, and getting bolder.

And don't you dare tell me, @EastvilleIMP, that I'm the "intolerant" one. I know I'm on the right side of history and anyone who suggests otherwise is defending racism, hooliganism and far-right dog-whistle politics.

Sad state of affairs when it’s no longer off topic and a daily occurrence in football. I really so think proof of ID for social media is the way to stamp down on it, with education and/or punishment for the actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.