Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey totally negative, getting what they deserve. italians on the front foot, but a very easy night for them. Chellini with armchair, slippers, smoking jacket and cigar at the back

Italy's 3rd one for Notty.

Interesting, isn't it? Not long ago that 3rd goal would have been regarded as an egregious, catastrophic error. Now, it's just the price you pay for the "new" football that Turkey clearly aren't good enough to play against Italy.

If I'd been the Turkey manager, I'd have taken one look at the Italian team and played two big men up front and banged it long at every opportunity. They might have got lucky and at least wouldn't have conceded that 3rd goal.

I predicted 0-0 beforehand, but had forgotten 'the Azzurri' were now coached by the flamboyant Bobby Manc.

I have to say Chiellini still looks a Rolls Royce at the back, despite his age and Insigne very exciting in midfield. Obviously there will be tougher tests as the tournament progresses, but Italia definitely made a statement of intent last night. :clap:

Not been following all of this thread, but last night I had the crushing realisation that if we win the group we'll get 2nd place of France, Germany or Portugal and if we finish 2nd we're likely to get Spain. That said I expect England to struggle in the group.

No easy games!

Italy looked decent enough but tempered by taking part in what was basically a training session. So many good things wrote about Turkey in the build-up to the Euros but they showed nothing last night.

I hadn’t realised that England haven’t won their opening game at the Euros since, well ever.

Hard to believe Luton have become so wealthy, and so good in central midfield that morrell only got three 90s all season. or did they get their recruitment wrong? he has gone from not playing for Bristol, to not playing for Luton. Terrible move for him.

Joe Morrell starts for Wales

Yeah hasn't done a lot wrong and keeping Ethan Ampadu (worth £13.5m apparently) out of the side.

Dan James has one full back on toast, I can't help but think Brennan Johnson for the last 20 mins would have had the other one too?

Status
Not open for further replies.