Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because none of the players involved in the Euro finals are available

Finally! It's beyond me how few people seem to understand this.

12 players out of the original 33 were unavailable due to playing in European finals. Greenwood was sent home due to injury, Sancho was unwell and Henderson not yet fit.

So that's 18 players available to play and you think Southgate is going to tell those 6 players who didn't make it to jog on? Leaving 12 players to face Austria and risk more injuries and fatigue to key players. He'd be slaughtered completely if he did that, can't win either way it seems.

Finally! It's beyond me how few people seem to understand this.

12 players out of the original 33 were unavailable due to playing in European finals. Greenwood was sent home due to injury, Sancho was unwell and Henderson not yet fit.

So that's 18 players available to play and you think Southgate is going to tell those 6 players who didn't make it to jog on? Leaving 12 players to face Austria and risk more injuries and fatigue to key players. He'd be slaughtered completely if he did that, can't win either way it seems.

Can't stand Southgate and hope he's a miserable failure.

So why play the practice match at all then !!
Well I’m sure was arranged a while ago and you couldn’t know 3 English teams would be in European finals.
Although with TAA getting injured and Austria kicking lumps out of Grealish might be regretting it !

All I'm prepared to say about Gareth Southgate is that he's one of only three England managers to have got England to a World Cup semi-final in my football-supporting lifetime (basically since 1963).

Those friendlies didn’t give me much optimism for England’s chances at the Euros.

We looked a one man team. (Although a lot rested I know). Mad to think Grealish couldn’t get a call up start of the season.

I see Jude Bellingham made a late appearance from the bench, he didn't look very old ..... anyone know his age as they didn't mention it? :unsure:

I must admit to feeling a bit surprised Ben White is the replacement for TAA.

Ward-Prowse should have been the one, but White is clearly an insurance policy for Maguire. We shouldn't be taking any players carrying injuries so both should have been added.

White is pretty good in a Joe Walsh kind of just gets on with it defender type so he'll be fine if he gets any game time

I think for me maybe something like

Pickford
Walker White Stones
James Rice Mount Chilwell
Foden Grealish
Kane

Make the most of having the Chelsea lads who've played that system so well and then hope the front three make something happen against deep defences. I think it'll be more like this, probably with grealish coming on when we can't score after an hour

Pickford
Walker Stones Mings Shaw
Rice Philips
Mount
Sterling Kane Foden

I think for me maybe something like

Pickford
Walker White Stones
James Rice Mount Chilwell
Foden Grealish
Kane

Make the most of having the Chelsea lads who've played that system so well and then hope the front three make something happen against deep defences. I think it'll be more like this, probably with grealish coming on when we can't score after an hour

Pickford
Walker Stones Mings Shaw
Rice Philips
Mount
Sterling Kane Foden
Rashford for Foden and you won't be far off there!

Rashford for Foden and you won't be far off there!

He does seem to like rashford and Sterling. Seems ridiculous to me for foden not to start but wouldn't be surprising.

Sterling and rashford both unplayable on their day but also both way out of any sort of form

Well he became a ‘Sir’ for winning 3 games out of 7 at the last WC, finishing 4th (FOURTH) .... so anything is possible. 🤷‍♂️
Has Southgate actually ever coached a team to win a game against a team we were not expected to win. He is so predictable and boring and his team tactics follow his lead. Grealish and Foden won’t start but Sterling and Rashford both in poor form will. If he plays both Rice and Phillips I won’t bother watching, I think we will struggle to get pit the group stages.
Weak goalkeeper and poor defence means we have no chance anyway but with a better manager it could have been fun.

Has Southgate actually ever coached a team to win a game against a team we were not expected to win. He is so predictable and boring and his team tactics follow his lead. Grealish and Foden won’t start but Sterling and Rashford both in poor form will. If he plays both Rice and Phillips I won’t bother watching, I think we will struggle to get pit the group stages.
Weak goalkeeper and poor defence means we have no chance anyway but with a better manager it could have been fun.

I enjoyed the last World Cup. England were fresh and exciting to watch.

But there is now the weight of expectation. England went into the last World Cup with the expectation of (perhaps) clearing the group stage. Thanks to doing far better, the expectation has now taken over from the reality and England must at least equal its World Cup display or do better. That's weighing on Southgate and he is being set up for failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.