Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The England result doesn't seem so bad after Hungary getting a point against France. Just goes to show, no matter how talented your attacking players are, a well organised, packed and determined defence can come out on top.

In 2018 Scotland beat Hungary 1-0, just saying...

Germany absolutely torn into Portugal, VAR disallowed goal( correctly) and several other chances, one swift break 1-0 Portugal via the usual.

You have to give it to Ronaldo at the age of 36. Greatest player of all time??? I think once he breaks the International scoring record you couldn't argue against it
Pele still for me, I find Ronaldo's strut and arrogance a bit too much but his longevity at the top due to talent and application to maintain fitness for that long and certainly one of the all time greats.

His strops when his teammates don't pass to him (which I'm sure we will see now they're losing) are also a bit pathetic. The kind of thing you see from kids who don't know better.

This is what you get with 2 evenly matched teams who both want to attack. Yesterday was just 2 teams who didn't want to lose. Germany need to win this else they genuinely are at risk of not getting out group

This is what you get with 2 evenly matched teams who both want to attack. Yesterday was just 2 teams who didn't want to lose. Germany need to win this else they genuinely are at risk of not getting out group
And now lead 3-1! Proper match, this.

Of course if England win their group, and a win against the Czechs will mean they will, they will be playing one of Germany, Portugal or France in the last 16.
Perhaps we need another boring 0-0 draw on Tuesday to finish second in the group as I can't see England beating any of them

Wonderful game between a revitalised Germany & Portugal, with Mr Whippy dictating everything through the middle .... unlike that mind numbing snorefest last night.

Of course if England win their group, and a win against the Czechs will mean they will, they will be playing one of Germany, Portugal or France in the last 16.
Perhaps we need another boring 0-0 draw on Tuesday to finish second in the group as I can't see England beating any of them
Add Belgium and Italy to the list of better sides than England. Spain also likely to beat the pre-tournament favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.