European Super League | Page 2 | Vital Football

European Super League

Not really. If we lost those teams there are plenty more to make up the numbers. Might be a bit more competitive and we could see more teams like Leicester winning it. And it's a big if anyway.
Also plenty of people bang on about how shit the Prem is, how it's too full of foreigners and so on. Surely that'd go some way to sorting that problem?
Fair points well made mi owd pal, I enjoy watchin the prem,especially the likes of City,Liverpool.Huddersfield beat Fulham 1-0,time for a change of boss at the Cottage? UTCB

Last edited:
Fair points well made mi owd pal, I enjoy watchin the prem,especially the likes of City,Liverpool.Huddersfield beat Fulham 1-0,time for a change of boss at the Cottage? UTCB
Just playing devil's advocate, like. No one really knows, but it's not necessarily all doom and gloom. I think there's always a feeling that the past is better, but that's because we view it through our nostalgic lens and forget about all the downsides. Wouldn't surprise me if Fulham got rid. They've spent a lot of money to be where they are.

The essence of the competition is that you play your best team. Sounds like the PL is just going to turn into a season long Carabao Cup.
Could, FKB. Could. But your best team isn't always the same team, anyway. It might be that teams had players who were more suited to playing the Stokes of this world on a Tuesday night, and others who really shone when playing against top-class European opposition. It's like I always think about Neymar; he wouldn't be as effective in the Prem because he'd get lumps kicked out of him and wouldn't get the same protection he gets on the continent.

Again, though, no one really knows what will happen. Could be positive, could be negative. Could be that nothing happens anyway and it's all something for a slow news day. Either way, we'll have absolutely no control over it.

I think we're all just chatting hypothetically Carpe. I have no problems with a ESL, but if it does come about then the clubs in it should go and be done. I'd hate to see their kids and reserves be their PL squad. Chelsea 'B' vs Man Utd U23's is not an acceptable PL fixture imo.

Sky will try to finance this, with their Euro TV partners and that leaves a lot less for the rest?

But, could also mean the parachute payments are much reduced.