European Cup - ahem, sorry - Champions League | Vital Football

European Cup - ahem, sorry - Champions League

Who do you want to win the Big Cup this season?

• AS Roma

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Liverpool FC

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • FC Bayern München

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Madrid CF

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
We're at the semi-final stage of the European Cup and the sole remaining English club is Liverpool. Or The Scouse. Or The Plop. Depending on your persuasion.

The question is.... as the only English club left, do you want them to win it? Or would you rather Bayern, Real Madrid or Roma lifted the famous trophy held aloft by our very own Sir Dennis of Mortimer? (Gratuitous opportunity to see this image again)

dennis-mortimer-web.jpg

Madrid to win and a CR7 master class so 67 gets really annoyed .Lol.

In all seriousness, anyone but the bin dippers. If there was an english club who were not part of the usual sky suspects playing in Europe I would probably want them to win. As that never happens I find myself always wanting the English team to lose.
1- i struggle with notion that they are 'English' when the team is packed with foreign players
2- I spend every footballing weekend wanting these teams to lose. Just because they play a foreign team doesn't change that 3- I cannot bear the media love in with the self proclaimed best league in the world if one of the sky luvvies win.
4- YNWA being given a full t.v. slot every time the dippers play like it's some sort of chuffing national anthem is enough for anyone to want them to get smashed.

I'd like Roma to win it. Real Madrid have been so awful in the league this season that they don't really deserve to win the big one.

Plus it will annoy me when Zidane gets the sack off the back of winning the biggest trophy in club football.

Liverpool? Sod off.

Nothing against Munich, but I like Italy, so I'll go for Roma.

I want Bayern Munich to win it as we beat them in the final .(Needed a tenuous link to mention 1982).

No way do I want Liverpool to win it.

Well, some of my ancestors came from Liverpool. On the other hand, they did come from Everton!
I like Klopp and wouldn't have a problem with them winning it.

Well, some of my ancestors came from Liverpool. On the other hand, they did come from Everton!
I like Klopp and wouldn't have a problem with them winning it.
Agree BBJ. Klopp has been a breath of fresh air in the Premier league. I dont really care who wins it, but Liverpool wouldnt upset me by doing so.

Well first off MD - no way do I want the Madridistas winning it for a multitude of reasons [including political, historical, ethical and sporting] I will not go into here. I for sure don't want that delusional twat winning it - he can go and ... F*** *** and so can his team

Liverpool - can't stand them as like most here, but you know what, I really like Klopp and I'd love him to win the big one. What would be the big deal for us Villa fans, they've won it plenty before, it's not as if the membership of the elite club would be expanded, it would also seriously piss off Salford.

Roma - no thoughts either way, bizarre that they are still in the mix. If they win then another club will be added to an elite list, undesirable.

Bayern - well they are a special machine, and with Heynckes at the helm and a certain Lewandowski up front, they could well do it. I saw Bayern win at Barca 3-0 back in 2013 to complete a 7-0 aggregate. That was a not a good trip. If Bayern win, so what, we can still refer to that night in Rotterdam that will live with all of us forever.

I’m with the “I like Klopp” brigade. I think he’s a genuine bloke and I would not be upset to see Liverpool win it because of that. Some months ago I predicted that Liverpool would be the last remaining English club - more out of hope than any Nostradamus-like power, but I’m happy to be proved correct... :wahey::wahey::wahey: