Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 338 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

I have very fond memories of the greater Smethwick area 57.
It was over forty years ago that both my wife and I were working Bearwood market in the old bus station.
Yours missus might have bought some of her towels or bed linen from me.

i certainly bought some hank snow LPs there and ive still got them, seanie

Ah, sorry, wandered into the wrong thread, thought this was the Brexit thread.
The seeds of Brexit were sown on the 82 bus route. There was a lot of plotting on the Outer Circle too. In fact, the number 11 is an allegory for Brexit - just going round and round and round.

Can't disagree because it is and I have to admit it's the people who live here that make it a shit-hole. Tory areas are always nicer than Labour ones, and always will be until there are no more Labour areas[/QUOTE]

Exception to the rule is where we live. People are always surprised that York is Labour and has been bar a couple of breaks for a long time.

Rachel Maskell got a strong majority. Its a bit down on 2017 when it was nearly 19,000. Its 13,000 and something this time l.

Still up on the first vote when she was elected after our old MP for Labour stood down and retired so all good

Boris Johnson: "Imagine if bratwurst could not be moved from Dortmund to Dusseldorf because of the jurisdiction of an international court – you’d think it was absolutely extraordinary. So we have to sort it out."

Just fuck the fuck off, you absolute twat. The reason there are issues moving certain goods between GB and NI is because of an international agreement Johnson signed and the UK Parliament approved.

You fucking idiot :arrghh:

Let’s hope the hundreds of thousands of Spanish, Portuguese and Polish nurses, care workers, delivery drivers and lorry drivers haven’t gone home just yet, we like them again for 12 more weeks :ooops:

@kefkat seems like I was wrong then on the lorry drivers

I just don’t get who is going to do these jobs with unemployment (pre pandemic) at circa 4%. Unless we start importing Asian migrants - which is what I think will happen.

The other thing here which is a consequence of this trend, is that it’ll push costs up for consumers slightly. You can’t drive a lorry for more than a set hours of day, but over time and contractual drivers would cost more.

@kefkat seems like I was wrong then on the lorry drivers

I just don’t get who is going to do these jobs with unemployment (pre pandemic) at circa 4%. Unless we start importing Asian migrants - which is what I think will happen.

The other thing here which is a consequence of this trend, is that it’ll push costs up for consumers slightly. You can’t drive a lorry for more than a set hours of day, but over time and contractual drivers would cost more.

I've heard the meat packing industry is in crisis because of the labour shortage. Someone has to do these shit jobs.

Last edited:
As long as people are prepared to pay proper butcher shop prices, it shouldn't be a problem.
I am lucky where we live, the mutinationals havent taken over yet, so still plenty of top quality butchers.
On the whole they are not much more than the supermarkets, and its better quality meat.

David Frost says he understands why businesses are abandoning trade with Northern Ireland because his Brexit agreement has made it “too much trouble” to carry on. The negotiator of the deal – which created a border in the Irish Sea – admitted he had not fully foreseen the “chilling effect” of the punishing new red tape, which has left smaller firms facing higher costs.
:slap: