Europe In Out Shake it all about | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
So now the referendum has been declared for Thursday 23rd June I thought it was time to start the VV campaign trail thread for debate, discussion, thoughts on for now and as the campaign unveils leading up to polling day.

Sky news and David Cameron announcement: http://news.sky.com/story/1645412/pm-confirms-eu-referendum-will-be-on-23-june

Poll is for if you have already made your mind up and left open for the end for people to add to if they wish to once they have made their mind up

I hope all will be voting on the day

In - we gain more than we lose and we wouldn't gain that much more by being out despite the BS Daily Fail headlines and anti Europe sentiment.

Not much real change in his deal from what I can tell so far, but plenty of further change needed and enough other counties seem up for it as well, so have to capitalise on this and make it a turning point that becomes more favourable to us moving forward.

But too many vested interests for the change that is needed sadly.

Out, the EU will be a busted flush within 10 years, it isn't worth the cost, and we would gain so much more free from the shackles of an undemocratic EU. Have confidence in this great country our future could be so bright, or we could stay in the EU.

What do you think we would gain Wurz?

Honestly curious because I've read a lot of scaremongering from both sides and even Cameron's comments about walking into the unknown are largely BS as well.

I also have no faith our crop could make the future bright if left to their own devices - they've managed largely to cherry pick the worst enaction from Europe whilst ignoring what would've been useful.

We are what, the sixth biggest economy on the planet? We would gain freedom from a political experiment that is failing. The world is shrinking, and cold war ideas of super states are already out moded . We ain't, and have never been European. We were shunned as a backwater by Europe until the 16th century and as soon as we got our shit together from the 17th century the rest of Europe has been jealous. You only have to look around the miserable attempts at Empire building by the French, Germans, Belgium and Dutch. Sod em , let them play, and we can get on with what we're good at trade, without interference.

NB. I do have my tongue slightly in my cheek here, but still the fact remains better out than in.

Out - It would be one small step towards getting our country back instead of being told by Brussels what we can do and what we can't do.

It may well be that people are so pissed off with the whole in/out topic they vote out to piss Cameron off.

The social media sites will be running hot with racist anti Immigrant posters tempered by the In brigades benifits of being part of the European club...

kefkat - 20/2/2016 13:16

So now the referendum has been declared for Thursday 23rd June I thought it was time to start the VV campaign trail thread for debate, discussion, thoughts on for now and as the campaign unveils leading up to polling day.

What, bit like the one I started and was on the next page you mean?!

:17:

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=59715&start=35&posts=51

I would like the facts and the figures not the propaganda and fear tactics.

I won't be getting them I shouldn't think.

Business wise, I fear the unknown at a time the economy of the UK and the world is still fragile, leaving would create uncertainty (it might end up fabbo dabbo in the long run but it would be unavoidable that the market would react to such a risky unknown leap) so although I will look at all the arguments and try to take on board as many facts as possible, my current stance is one of maintaining the status quo albeit I do think that there will potentially be major fractures developing over the next few years within this burgeoning beast we call the EU.

Anyone claiming to know which is best is just guessing. The truth is, nobody actually knows.

In many ways, I would like to see an Out vote, just to see what happens. To see whether these people that are certain we will be better off are proven correct.

In for me.Chiefly because it makes my job easier seeing that we import from Europe.

I do wonder if all the posturing and PR showboating is just to keep the Right Wing of the Tory party happy rather than a genuine attempt to benefit the likes of me and you.

Now I see Boris is feeding his ego with his will he won't he trick.

Yes, Boris... delaying announcing just as a performance. This is what is so worrying, a lot are just posturing for their own careers and within the Tories for who will take over from Cameron.

Cameron is saying he'll carry on if the vote is out but I would think he'd be ousted if he does inadvertently take us out of Europe.

The Fear - 21/2/2016 12:47

kefkat - 20/2/2016 13:16

What, bit like the one I started and was on the next page you mean?!

:17:

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=59715&start=35&posts=51

Oops! :12: :12: :12: In trouble again :19:

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 21/2/2016 13:01

Anyone claiming to know which is best is just guessing. The truth is, nobody actually knows.

In many ways, I would like to see an Out vote, just to see what happens. To see whether these people that are certain we will be better off are proven correct.

Yup, it would be interesting, can't deny that!

Some guy on the radio earlier banging on about regaining control of our borders (which we haven't actually lost) and how much we pay into the EU, and how those millions (billions?) could be used for the NHS, schools, etc. (without pointing out the huge financial benefits to membership).

Any 'savings' made by leaving would end up being used for election-securing tax cuts and lining the pockets of the government cronies who really pull the strings. Not for improving the NHS, which the current government are sending headlong and irrevocably into private hands.

I still don't know how I feel about the situation, but ill-constructed arguments banding about scary sums of money and 'pull up the drawbridge, we're full!" piss me right off, and are only the start of things.

The next few months will be hell in terms of the lies and half-truths peddled about by both sides, and not least the Daily Fail, Torygraph and the Murdoch media.

Roll on June 24th, either way!

The boarder argument is nonsense - we have no proper boarder or restriction for people entering through the republic of Ireland and that won't change if we pull out.

I'm sure people think the island is walled and we've let the drawbridge down whilst we've been in the European Union.or that the fella on the checkpoint is on leave.

With so many tourists, lorries, planes and boats coming into the country every day, half the population would need to be employed by the home office to police the boarder as some would like.

I fear the whole debate will be about immigration whether it's explicitly spoken about or not.

Those screeching about leaving should also remember who will set our human rights laws! I know things are OTT with Europe, but seriously do you want any of them in power or otherwise setting them! I dont'. IDS will have all the disabled and out of work in the work house backed up by the disability minister and that's just for starters.

People forget that we have a massive piece of water between us and France so we aren't as vulnerable as many reckon. I think we will be more vulnerable out of Europe as France aren't going to care who they let through. They dont like us anyway so it will be a great excuse to just ''let us deal with them at our end''

On our own we will be more vulnerable to everything