Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 378 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Agree Dan, the outcome so far is not as I would have wanted.
What I didn't forsee was a bunch of quislings on all sides of the house that are determined to overthrow the outcome and are prepared to crash the economy to get what they want.
I was reading yesterday that airports allover Europe and the US are having major problems because the airlines sacked staff, taking advantage of COVID-19 and now are still flogging holiday flights in the full knowledge they don't have the capacity to cope, but it gets portrayed as Brexit.
You being in the world of work I am sure you see the practical effects depending on what you do.
I don't know where this will end, especially if we get a Labour government at the next election.

Do you believe that there could ever have been a good outcome for Britain from Brexit?

It seems to me that the Brexit campaign was entirely fueled by lies.

Do you believe that there could ever have been a good outcome for Britain from Brexit?

It seems to me that the Brexit campaign was entirely fueled by lies.
So was Remain. O'Leary in the paper today saying Rianair has the benefits of European labour to keep his company insulated from the effects of the chaos, and blaming Brexit for UK airport woes. Not a word about the rest of European airlines suffering the same.
What he really means is cheap labour, to keep his cheap planes in the sky.
I don't think we will ever know if Brexit could have been a success or not because the British "elite" are determined to overthrow it.

Agree Dan, the outcome so far is not as I would have wanted.
What I didn't forsee was a bunch of quislings on all sides of the house that are determined to overthrow the outcome and are prepared to crash the economy to get what they want.
I was reading yesterday that airports allover Europe and the US are having major problems because the airlines sacked staff, taking advantage of COVID-19 and now are still flogging holiday flights in the full knowledge they don't have the capacity to cope, but it gets portrayed as Brexit.
You being in the world of work I am sure you see the practical effects depending on what you do.
I don't know where this will end, especially if we get a Labour government at the next election.

I want a labour government at the next election: Labour probably as coalition is fine.

We don't have a Tory government in power now, in anything but name only - Maggie will be turning in her grave as will Churchill at this lot.

So was Remain. O'Leary in the paper today saying Rianair has the benefits of European labour to keep his company insulated from the effects of the chaos, and blaming Brexit for UK airport woes. Not a word about the rest of European airlines suffering the same.
What he really means is cheap labour, to keep his cheap planes in the sky.
I don't think we will ever know if Brexit could have been a success or not because the British "elite" are determined to overthrow it.

What lies though? We were told we were fear inducing. Not lies. As far as I can see all those fears have come true.

I do accept Covid19 hasn't helped matters, however there isn't anything I can see that's lied about.

If your talking of cheaper labour from abroad, the cost of living isn't as high there, as here. The prices going up if you pay more is passed on to the consumer so it continues ad infinite

Now there are more jobs than people to fill them as labour from abroad, isn’t avaliable due to Brexit ad its for too complex for them to come here from the E.U

I can't see any upside from Brexit unless you count Moggs, happier fish, not having to have E.U chargers, blue passports and various other irrelevant matters such as suggested on JOB phone in by Brexit voters.

The down sides are pages long

I want a labour government at the next election: Labour probably as coalition is fine.

We don't have a Tory government in power now, in anything but name only - Maggie will be turning in her grave as will Churchill at this lot.
This government has overtaken James Callaghan's Labour government as the worst government in my lifetime.

This government has overtaken James Callaghan's Labour government as the worst government in my lifetime.

I will be lobbying our local MP once we get this lot of out of power for PR. Not perfect however means this can't happen again what has happened in the past 6 years

What lies though? We were told we were fear inducing. Not lies. As far as I can see all those fears have come true.

I do accept Covid19 hasn't helped matters, however there isn't anything I can see that's lied about.

If your talking of cheaper labour from abroad, the cost of living isn't as high there, as here. The prices going up if you pay more is passed on to the consumer so it continues ad infinite

Now there are more jobs than people to fill them as labour from abroad, isn’t avaliable due to Brexit ad its for too complex for them to come here from the E.U

I can't see any upside from Brexit unless you count Moggs, happier fish, not having to have E.U chargers, blue passports and various other irrelevant matters such as suggested on JOB phone in by Brexit voters.

The down sides are pages long
I will cobble an answer together later kef, I have the very important task of colouring and straightening Mrs wittonite s hair to do now.😁

@wittonite This is the words of Ryanair boss, who hasn't got a problem with staff as his employee's, as they have Irish contracts and can get E.U staff as they are in the E.U.

Others, like TUI, EasyJet don't have that base. The video below, explains it well and hears from the Ryanair boss too

@wittonite This is the words of Ryanair boss, who hasn't got a problem with staff as his employee's, as they have Irish contracts and can get E.U staff as they are in the E.U.

Others, like TUI, EasyJet don't have that base. The video below, explains it well and hears from the Ryanair boss too

I heard what he said but, that being the case why is Schiphol in Amsterdam having exactly the same issues because of staff shortages.
Frankfurt airport is having huge problems because they laid off large numbers of staff during Covid, and have slashed wages.
Spain's airports are not affected because they had a government furlough scheme and kept all their staff.
I am not saying Brexit is not in the mix re staff, bur O'Leary is using this opportunity to take a pop at Brexit because he hates it.

I will be lobbying our local MP once we get this lot of out of power for PR. Not perfect however means this can't happen again what has happened in the past 6 years
I did think our local Tory MP was as safe as houses, with a thirty thousand ish majority, but seeing the Lib Dems overturn Tiverton twenty four thousand majority she might not be totally safe. Cornwall was Lib Dem stronghold for many years during Paddy Ashdowns leadership.

I did think our local Tory MP was as safe as houses, with a thirty thousand ish majority, but seeing the Lib Dems overturn Tiverton twenty four thousand majority she might not be totally safe. Cornwall was Lib Dem stronghold for many years during Paddy Ashdowns leadership.

I do think a by election is a different kettle of fish to a general election, a lot of Tories would still vote Tory even if policy, strategy and scandals got even worse (if that’s even possible) to avoid Labour getting in during a general election vote whereas a by election is perhaps more of a protest vote in some respects.

I do think a by election is a different kettle of fish to a general election, a lot of Tories would still vote Tory even if policy, strategy and scandals got even worse (if that’s even possible) to avoid Labour getting in during a general election vote whereas a by election is perhaps more of a protest vote in some respects.
You are correct. I think the difference down here is, that with the exception of Falmouth that has voted Labour the Liberals have traditionally had a strong base, so it wouldn't be a big surprise. Still a lot of time though for him to turn it around before the next election, and people have short memories and are easily bought.

You are correct. I think the difference down here is, that with the exception of Falmouth that has voted Labour the Liberals have traditionally had a strong base, so it wouldn't be a big surprise. Still a lot of time though for him to turn it around before the next election, and people have short memories and are easily bought.

Everything over the last 6 years has been unprecedented so I am quietly hoping we are seeing the beginning of the end.

I think its different this time. John Major hung on in 1993/1994 time after a vote of no confidence. He lost the next General election.

Things are far worse this time under Johnson. Johnson will bamboozle on from 1 chaos to anothe.

He needs replacing. The reason he isn't is because no one wants to take on the shit show he has created.

He has got away with everything all his life and still thinks he can.

Whilst Keir doesn't have the charisma Blair has he is a thoroughly decent bloke much respected. He comes over as boring. He is far from it.

Take a listen to the hour of the global player/LBC interview with James O'Brien.

I don't think this will be forgotten. We will see of I am right. Both the U.S and Australia got rid of populist leader's so I'm quietly hopeful we have only another 18 months ish of this

IMO Keir just isn't ruthless. He's had so many opportunities lately to rip into the Tories but for whatever reason hasn't. The PPE scandal is something Labour should be all over but atm they seem to be giving Boris and his cronies a free ride. Mick Lynch is doing a better job of outing these crooks.

IMO Keir just isn't ruthless. He's had so many opportunities lately to rip into the Tories but for whatever reason hasn't. The PPE scandal is something Labour should be all over but atm they seem to be giving Boris and his cronies a free ride. Mick Lynch is doing a better job of outing these crooks.

K.S is more clinical than ruthless which is no surprise with him being a lawyer,/barrister etc.

His full disclosure interview with JOB is worth a listen to get the measure of him. It's a surprising interview in many ways.

Not the charisma of Tony Blair. However charisma and charm like Boris isn't needed. Decent politicians however boring will do for me. Time we got back to that

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/keir-starmer/id1454408831?i=1000552160665

My suspicion is that Starmer and Labour know they can't win anything right now. The only way of getting Boris out is if the Tories do it. Hammering him on the PPE scandal they all made millions from will only get them to circle the wagons. It's best to keep their powder dry until they can really hammer it home during an election.

Lynch needs to win his fight against Boris now, Labour know their fight hasn't started yet.

K.S is more clinical than ruthless which is no surprise with him being a lawyer,/barrister etc.

His full disclosure interview with JOB is worth a listen to get the measure of him. It's a surprising interview in many ways.

Not the charisma of Tony Blair. However charisma and charm like Boris isn't needed. Decent politicians however boring will do for me. Time we got back to that

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/keir-starmer/id1454408831?i=1000552160665

He's clinical but soft imo which is the reason why I couldn't vote for him.

He needs replacing. The reason he isn't is because no one wants to take on the shit show he has created
Never a truer word spoken. It goes without saying all the other party voters want him out, but there must be a good proportion of his own voters that want him gone.
I look at his front benches which is where his successor should naturally come from, and see nobody.