Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 377 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

It's ok though, because we are no longer controlled by unelected bureaucrats such as the European Court of Human Rights... oopps...

And the twats that run hotels, restaurants, grow crops (and are now having to reduce what they grow because it is stuck in their fields) and so on....
Not sure what that has to do with the airlines making their staff redundant due to covid. Can't cope, but still making extra holidays available.

The biggest airline at my local airport Wizz Air held a recruitment day recently. My son's girlfriend was interested in looking at a cabin crew position until she read the requirements. If anyone had the qualifications they were looking for then they certainly wouldn't be interested in a £21k a year job.

They've now cut most of the flights at the airport due to a staff shortage.

The biggest airline at my local airport Wizz Air held a recruitment day recently. My son's girlfriend was interested in looking at a cabin crew position until she read the requirements. If anyone had the qualifications they were looking for then they certainly wouldn't be interested in a £21k a year job.

They've now cut most of the flights at the airport due to a staff shortage.

My missus works for an airline, the pay is crap but the perks of travel can be good if you want the lifestyle. The likes of British Airways you’ll find sometimes a much older crew on board, some of those can be on big money I’m told (£50k+), probably final salary pensions, loads of holidays plus cheap travel. There’s a generation who have done extremely well financially who are just about to retire.

Everything has become so economised as I call it, we all want to travel to Prague with change from £350 so I guess we as consumers have driven this low-cost-low-as-possible-overhead business model.

My missus works for an airline, the pay is crap but the perks of travel can be good if you want the lifestyle. The likes of British Airways you’ll find sometimes a much older crew on board, some of those can be on big money I’m told (£50k+), probably final salary pensions, loads of holidays plus cheap travel. There’s a generation who have done extremely well financially who are just about to retire.

Everything has become so economised as I call it, we all want to travel to Prague with change from £350 so I guess we as consumers have driven this low-cost-low-as-possible-overhead business model.

I can fly to Canada or/and N-Z for less than £500 for one person, return. I've already checked it this year. You know where to look for the bargains you will get one. Then you can add TopCashBack on too 🙂

The irony of 6 years ago today of the anniversary of the referendum = 2 by-elections we can give this elite charlatan lot bloody noses

The day the U.K was sold (not by the majority) to the elite and 40 years of E.U membership was torn apart by the lies of Boris, Gove, Farage and the rest of the lieing charlatans.

The day Cameron arrogance of the status quo would be voted for. The day he didn't realise certain voters voted to give him a bloody nose. That voters generally didn't know what they were voting for. The next day "What is the EU?" was the biggest googled statement.

On N.I and the Good Friday agreement alone the referendum should never have been called

Did leave really want this shit show? Every leave voter I've spoken to, didn't vote for this. They also believed the lies.

I have also only know of 3 people who didn't regret their vote lto eave and don't care about the consequences, they say. That's 3 out of the 100s alone I have spoken too.

Even us remainers couldn't envisage just how much the vote leave were giving away in our rights

6 years ago we were in Kefelonia: we woke up to this. The beach the next day was silent with the horrors. We didn't know the half then.

Still gutted. Still in bits. Still angry and still campaigning. Still in there in the background with the closer ties with Europe, rejoin alliances and more.

We haven't gone away nor will we. Banks admitted he thought we would go away after a year. He was shocked we haven't. Just cos you don't really hear about us doesn't mean we aren't still in there.

It's the quiet ones you have to watch

There is a major March for rejoin in London happening in September. No that's not going to get an automatic rejoin.

It's what we call keeping the momentum going

🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺

To quote George Orewell

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command

Last edited:
I’d love to know if any Vital Brexiteers have changed their mind, I’m more fascinated by how people are finding it and the impact it’s is having on our standard of living and growth potential, than I am angry or disappointed at people these days.

Even that c###bag Lord Frost who negotiated the bloody deal seems to indirectly admit every time he talks it’s a shambles.

I’d love to know if any Vital Brexiteers have changed their mind, I’m more fascinated by how people are finding it and the impact it’s is having on our standard of living and growth potential, than I am angry or disappointed at people these days.

Even that c###bag Lord Frost who negotiated the bloody deal seems to indirectly admit every time he talks it’s a shambles.
It's impossible to quantify the impact on our standard of living accurately due to covid and Russia muddying the waters.

By the majority of those that could be bothered getting of their backsides to vote.

And then there was all the votes that didn't get back regarding postal votes, from those abroad

Also and I am not condoning it of those i know who didn't vote (Believe me they have been blasted by me over it) Alot didn't bother cos they didn't think it was important

And then there was all the votes that didn't get back regarding postal votes, from those abroad

Also and I am not condoning it of those i know who didn't vote (Believe me they have been blasted by me over it) Alot didn't bother cos they didn't think it was important

Rightly or wrongly, there' also probably a core who didn't bother because they probably thought it was such a no brainer that remain wouldn't win because of the known benefits.

But again it's done, it'd just be nice if the Gov actually tried to make it work instead of using it as another distraction for Boris.

But again it's done, it'd just be nice if the Gov actually tried to make it work instead of using it as another distraction for Boris.

The worst thing for me whichever way you voted is the lack of any strategy. We have absolutely no clue what we’re doing on the world stage, we’re about to fall out with the biggest trading bloc on our own doorstep which is geographically our biggest partner, and all we’ve done so far is roll over trade deals from our time in the EU which actually end up being worse for us in the small print with islands in the pacific for egotistical purposes.

It’s a shambles, Lord Frost and Bozo should be shot. The whole cabinet has slept walked into a situation they have no strategy.

I’ve always said, I could’ve voted for Brexit if I thought there was a solid strategy and gain at the end of it. Luckily from the small amounts of reading I did, it was always selling the public down the Swanee and unfortunately asking 30+ million to actually research something very important before they go and stick a pencil on a piece of paper was too much to ask.

It's impossible to quantify the impact on our standard of living accurately due to covid and Russia muddying the waters.

There’s also the COVID impact which much more of a disruptor in my opinion.

I agree it’s obviously impossible to quantify exactly the impact and the world has thrown up once-every-hundred-year-events in the space of a few years, but I don’t believe it is impossible to gauge the trend of the impact of Brexit. Taking the performance of similar sized, western economies such as Germany and France as a sample comparing the U.K., does show some stark differences. The government modelling always predicted this would happen pre-Brexit so I don’t see it as a shock, we voted overall to shoot oursleves in the foot, and the data is showing it.

It’s pretty basic economics when you look at it, and even the likes of Ress-Mogg are now contradicting themselves publicly saying things alongs the lines of “trade barriers increase costs”. Add to that the smaller workforce (mainly covid but also Brexit as I know people who have left the U.K.), output and productivity was always going to be smaller. On the flip side, industries with mass workers of the same skill set can strike more effectively post Brexit and increase wages so that is a benefit to workers.

The worst thing for me whichever way you voted is the lack of any strategy. We have absolutely no clue what we’re doing on the world stage, we’re about to fall out with the biggest trading bloc on our own doorstep which is geographically our biggest partner, and all we’ve done so far is roll over trade deals from our time in the EU which actually end up being worse for us in the small print with islands in the pacific for egotistical purposes.

It’s a shambles, Lord Frost and Bozo should be shot. The whole cabinet has slept walked into a situation they have no strategy.

I’ve always said, I could’ve voted for Brexit if I thought there was a solid strategy and gain at the end of it. Luckily from the small amounts of reading I did, it was always selling the public down the Swanee and unfortunately asking 30+ million to actually research something very important before they go and stick a pencil on a piece of paper was too much to ask.

100% agree. It's quite clear I was remain and I know the EU is FAR from perfect, but the EU has always been a comfortable batting stick when our MPs didn't want to do their job and wanted to blame others.

Once the vote was in, it should've been accepted and another vote set up to determine what our exit actually looked like as opposed to this 'rush it, but it's a clusterfuck' approach we've now seen.

I genuinely don't believe there was EVER a profitable outcome for us here where we were better off or even just simply broke even....but there were better options on the table that were never explored. Yes, to maximise them it would've needed some good faith from the EU as well, but you're never going to get good faith whilst you piss on them and lie to get a cheer from a crowd that knows no better.

I still don't know why no one is chasing Boris for openly lying to Parliament over his Brexit deal given it was the best thing since sliced bread and now all he and Frost do is talk about how it doesn't work properly and the EU need to be more flexible. It was perfect for us and the EU at the beginning apparently.

There’s also the COVID impact which much more of a disruptor in my opinion.

I agree it’s obviously impossible to quantify exactly the impact and the world has thrown up once-every-hundred-year-events in the space of a few years, but I don’t believe it is impossible to gauge the trend of the impact of Brexit. Taking the performance of similar sized, western economies such as Germany and France as a sample comparing the U.K., does show some stark differences. The government modelling always predicted this would happen pre-Brexit so I don’t see it as a shock, we voted overall to shoot oursleves in the foot, and the data is showing it.

It’s pretty basic economics when you look at it, and even the likes of Ress-Mogg are now contradicting themselves publicly saying things alongs the lines of “trade barriers increase costs”. Add to that the smaller workforce (mainly covid but also Brexit as I know people who have left the U.K.), output and productivity was always going to be smaller. On the flip side, industries with mass workers of the same skill set can strike more effectively post Brexit and increase wages so that is a benefit to workers.
Agree Dan, the outcome so far is not as I would have wanted.
What I didn't forsee was a bunch of quislings on all sides of the house that are determined to overthrow the outcome and are prepared to crash the economy to get what they want.
I was reading yesterday that airports allover Europe and the US are having major problems because the airlines sacked staff, taking advantage of COVID-19 and now are still flogging holiday flights in the full knowledge they don't have the capacity to cope, but it gets portrayed as Brexit.
You being in the world of work I am sure you see the practical effects depending on what you do.
I don't know where this will end, especially if we get a Labour government at the next election.