Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 376 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

This summer is going to be very interesting.

Apparently, the next partygate revelations are about rampant drug taking.
Well Michael Gove appears to be off his tits quite often both in and out of Westminster, so I would not be at all surprised. Most of them (Tories mainly) seem to treat Parliament as an natural extension of their Private Members' clubs rom their university days.

We've already had a partial story come out about cocaine but that evaporated out of the press with some other bullshit story.
Probably Boris getting married or having another child or whatever.

But yes it couldn't be more obvious could it?
Gove seems to be on a mission to tell us all what's going on, without verbally telling us.

Although to be honest, what I've seen on him last few years the chap might need to go and get some help. Seems to be on the edge of that avalanche.

The funny thing is, when Britain rejoins the EU it will be on worse terms than when it left. There is no way the French will allow another British veto etc.

Didn’t we have the power of veto? Many said on here, we were better off reforming from within than out - and the EU probably did need a good look it.

I don’t see us rejoining in the short term where we’d find out, but worse I see no strategy or pragmatism from the government from our life outside. All I read about are threats to break international law, covered up now by removing vacuum cleaner power outputs and bringing back outdated metrics.

What are they trying to cover up? It’s a shit show, and no-one can ever give me any reason or explanation as to what it going well. Where are the 52%? I can’t get anyone to give me any logical, rational argument as to what is going well. I’d love to hear it, I might learn something along the way, but it’s a stone walled silence. Perhaps it’s Brexiteer embarrassment.

The real truth is for me looking at things objectively, Brexit only gave us one thing in reality - the perception of control on the country that we already had.

Yes, there were oddities but again most of those were down to how Parliament enacted EU directives rather than the EU directives themselves - but they were also EU directives we had a say in.

It also means our Brexiteering MP's removed the cloak of hiding behind the EU for their own fuck ups and failures and. oh, surprise surprise, what are we now seeing.

It's the EU's fault on NI because Boris's Brexiteer backed microwave cooked, oven ready for heating, freezer fucked up and spent 12 months in the fridge deal makes as much sense as I do talking economics after 15 cans.

Despite being warned - leisure has taken a hit (yes not helped by Covid), farming has taken a hit on workers, care homes have taken a hit on workers, the NHS and even GP's have taken a hit etc etc etc.

All those foreigners taking jobs, sending money home (ignoring they have to eat, pay taxes, and we can now clearly see did the jobs entitled Brits won't) but hey ho, we have control now.

Other things have taken over obviously (nobody mention Russian funds in Brexit campaigns!) but when I see a business owner bitching about loss of trade and they say 'I voted for Brexit' I just point and laugh and hope they haven't produced children.

That's not to say the EU isn't corrupt, shambolic and in need of a total overhaul itself. But 'their' distrustful and unelected parliament made less of a difference to my life than our distrustful parliament - and we have our own major elements of unelected running the show as well.

But the press don't point that out nearly often enough and they never had. But the population takes some blame there as well as they are more interested in what MP is shagging what MP rather than which MP is lining his mates pockets and never giving a straight answer.

Didn’t we have the power of veto? Many said on here, we were better off reforming from within than out - and the EU probably did need a good look it.

We had the best deal and did have the power of veto, hadn't lost our currency and really were one of the big boys, at the big boys table. We then became like toddlers with short trousers on, stropping off because we didn't get cream as well as jam.

I can’t add to the sense on this page. Our latest “benefit” of Brexit, namely the reintroduction of imperial measures is a joke. Imperial measures never went away. I‘ve never ordered my beer in any other than pints and my road trips have always been calculated in miles.
I almost forgot about my nice, new blue passport. Manufactured in Poland by a French company.

All it shows is what we knew anyway - even Brexiteers didn't agree on what Brexit was or should be.

What we've ended up with is a clusterfuck of all proportions as all the Tories were interested in was 'getting Brexit done' with no idea of what a sensible less damaging Brexit actually was or actually putting things in place so we were more prepared for it and could actually transition more seamlessly (both ourselves and the EU).

The numbers we’d all been waiting for to understand the impact of Brexit stripping out the impact of COVID… well @The Fear and I had been waiting for at least.

According to the Centre for European Reform, Brexit has cost the U.K. economy… wait for it…

5% of GDP growth, or £31bn smaller than what it would’ve been :eek:

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-09...in-lost-trade-and-tax-revenues-research-finds

BUT we do have a blue passport mate. I mean, made in France, but blue, or sort of blue, nevertheless. Go us. Whoop.

But the figures used BBM are reliable and based on companies that have now been pushed out of exporting, a loss of HMRC revenue from those pesky working foreign taxpayers who thought fuck it and went home etc from my understanding.

The bias will be in their use of words - not the facts available to all - even counter pro-Brexit groups who conveniently haven't reported on this news yet will be doing so for a reason.

At some point you can expect a pro-Brexit group to join suit when they think they have mastered their narrative, and they will use those true figures to point out how badly the Tories and Boris have handled what should've been a (in their opinion) boon for our economy given the news (we already had them) powers we've now regained.

I don't care about spin - Brexit has made my kids lives harder - simples.

"The Centre for European Reform is a think-tank devoted to making the European Union work better and strengthening its role in the world"

ho hum

Yes, no doubt they know the answer but have to think of the question to get there - I do accept that.

But the methodology they have used does seem sound to me having had a quick look with the limited information and isn’t dissimilar to our very own governments predictions about what would happen, except you would have to look hard to find it.