Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 350 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

I wonder what the average age of football fans is. It's got to be something similar.
I don't think it is similar. Always seems a very mixed demographic at games. Maybe different in other parts of the ground. That said when you come out after a game it also seems pretty mixed.

hopefully it will sort itself out but the stockpiling could be a factor hope its sorted soon with xmas around the corner seanie

Driver shortage according to an article I was reading suggested at least a year, the expert at my company thinks potentially 3 years to get back to current levels of drivers however the cost of increased salaries to tempt drivers in will mean the cost remains higher.

And that’ll be borne by consumers.

Ministers are poised to agree an extraordinary post-Brexit U-turn that would allow foreign lorry drivers back into the UK to stave off shortages threatening fuel and food supplies.

:lol::lol::lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...risis-tories-poised-turn-foreign-worker-visas

What’s a U-turn? I don’t think I’ve experienced many of these in the recent past from a Tory government.

On a serious note, the amount of u turns doesn’t just mean they have no strategy for anything, but they just have no co-ordination on a basic level even just alignment and communication from cabinet. They are just an out and out shambles. I didn’t appreciate the talent who have led some of the companies I work for and have worked for when you look at these jokers.

What’s a U-turn? I don’t think I’ve experienced many of these in the recent past from a Tory government.

On a serious note, the amount of u turns doesn’t just mean they have no strategy for anything, but they just have no co-ordination on a basic level even just alignment and communication from cabinet. They are just an out and out shambles. I didn’t appreciate the talent who have led some of the companies I work for and have worked for when you look at these jokers.
And the really sad part about all this is that Labour have a massive opportunity to show the country that they have put Momentum and Corbyn McDonnell et Al behind them at this week's conference, but no doubt they will fuck up once again.

Read this earlier mate. You would think, looking at the state of the Tories, they would be doing everything possible to take advantage. By all accounts he has avoided the media this last week and now he has had to climb down even before he got to debate it at Conference

Boris is really fucking me off.

On the topic of these utter dickheads bringing forward their fuel purchases (and like toilet roll it isn’t the 1% of idiots who do extreme things, it’s 30% of the total population topping up when they don’t need to and blaming the 1%), he wants the industry to invest and he wants to bring higher skilled, higher wage jobs to the country, and claims the country have rejected immigration to do these jobs.

I get the theory of cheap(er) labour deters investment, but what else can you do to get fuel to a garage? Invest in a network of underground pipes digging up the whole country? Build train lines between filling stations to transport fuel?

He’s just chatting shit as normal putting these stupid soundbites to the brexiteers blaming immigration even though immigration is exacerbating the current situation.

Boris is really fucking me off.

On the topic of these utter dickheads bringing forward their fuel purchases (and like toilet roll it isn’t the 1% of idiots who do extreme things, it’s 30% of the total population topping up when they don’t need to and blaming the 1%), he wants the industry to invest and he wants to bring higher skilled, higher wage jobs to the country, and claims the country have rejected immigration to do these jobs.

I get the theory of cheap(er) labour deters investment, but what else can you do to get fuel to a garage? Invest in a network of underground pipes digging up the whole country? Build train lines between filling stations to transport fuel?

He’s just chatting shit as normal putting these stupid soundbites to the brexiteers blaming immigration even though immigration is exacerbating the current situation.
Just listening to Planet Rock, DJ, says, please remember an Eastern European lorry driver is for life, not just for Christmas.
Made me laugh.

get the theory of cheap(er) labour deters investment, but what else can you do to get fuel to a garage? Invest in a network of underground pipes digging up the whole country? Build train lines between filling stations to transport fuel?
You are probably not old enough to remember, but tanker drivers jobs were incredibly well paid until the petroleum industry decided they were too well paid, and set about dismantling the pay structure, and foreign labour has excaserbated the numbers leaving.

I'm not sure how the salary for HGV drivers is structured. I know the headline says £70k but if you are paying for your own HGV and then fuel, insurance and all that on top, you'd be better off driving a bus.