Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 343 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Northern Ireland has COVID and yet has full shelves because it's getting all it needs over the open border with the Republic.
The Covid remark was in reference to dan having said all the Poles had gone home because of brexit. This is clearly not true because in excess of 6million EU citizens have applied for settled status.
Bit of an under estimate as we were told by the Labour government that only between 5,000 and 13,000 Eastern Europeans would come to the UK.
I posted earlier with regard to a south east company in hospitality, and their CEO said that he only lost his work force when Covid set in.
He stated that Brexit was minimal in staff loss, but thought their chances of catching it in the UK were higher.

The Covid remark was in reference to dan having said all the Poles had gone home because of brexit. This is clearly not true because in excess of 6million EU citizens have applied for settled status.
Bit of an under estimate as we were told by the Labour government that only between 5,000 and 13,000 Eastern Europeans would come to the UK.
I posted earlier with regard to a south east company in hospitality, and their CEO said that he only lost his work force when Covid set in.
He stated that Brexit was minimal in staff loss, but thought their chances of catching it in the UK were higher.
COVID is driving lots of immigrants leaving their destination country for home, yes. Brexit makes it a hell of a lot riskier for them to come back. Obviously. That was the whole point wasn't it?

Riskier in terms of being allowed in to work. Less certain of your status once you're there. No access to free medical care, social security etc if your job falls through. Or you could just go to Denmark, Ireland or Germany.

Riskier in terms of being allowed in to work. Less certain of your status once you're there. No access to free medical care, social security etc if your job falls through. Or you could just go to Denmark, Ireland or Germany.
Yes agree, not so sure about the free medical care though, never known a hospital to turn anyone away, but I suppose that would be for A&E care only.
With regards to benefits and social security, agree it makes us less attractive, but puts us on a par with most of the rest of the world.

Yes agree, not so sure about the free medical care though, never known a hospital to turn anyone away, but I suppose that would be for A&E care only.
With regards to benefits and social security, agree it makes us less attractive, but puts us on a par with most of the rest of the world.
The *point* of Brexit, if polls are to be believed, was mostly to make it more difficult for foreigners to come and work here. That it definitely has done that is reflected in our ongoing labour shortages and empty shelves not seen anywhere else in Europe except in Brexit Britain.

This is Brexit achieving its goals. Pop the champagne.

The *point* of Brexit, if polls are to be believed, was mostly to make it more difficult for foreigners to come and work here. That it definitely has done that is reflected in our ongoing labour shortages and empty shelves not seen anywhere else in Europe except in Brexit Britain.

This is Brexit achieving its goals. Pop the champagne.
The foreigners issue was disproportinate in the UK, with over 6 million EU citizens living here, but only 1.3 million Brits living and working across 27 EU countries, so if you lived in one of the areas in the UK that had very high numbers of East Europeans living there it was always going to cause friction in those areas.
The ridiculous "ping" app has contributed hugely to problems of supply.
As I have posted previously, if the EU had listened to all its members concerns over many issues Brexit would never have happened, but its elite are too busy ploughing on with the project to even notice, far less address concern of ordinary citizens.
UK's coronavirus 'pingdemic' puts pressure on food supply
https://www.politico.eu › article › the-u-k-fears-food-sh.

The foreigners issue was disproportinate in the UK, with over 6 million EU citizens living here, but only 1.3 million Brits living and working across 27 EU countries, so if you lived in one of the areas in the UK that had very high numbers of East Europeans living there it was always going to cause friction in those areas.
The ridiculous "ping" app has contributed hugely to problems of supply.
As I have posted previously, if the EU had listened to all its members concerns over many issues Brexit would never have happened, but its elite are too busy ploughing on with the project to even notice, far less address concern of ordinary citizens.
If it was "always" going to do that why did everyone on the Vote Leave side dismiss labour shortages as "Project Fear"?
The EU and its members are doing fine but how come you think it's on them to tie themselves in knots to facilitate a pain-free Brexit that wasn't their idea, they said was a terrible idea, and didn't want to happen anyway?
The public in EU member states are overwhelmingly pro-EU and that has *increased* since Brexit.

This is our idea, our choice and all our consequences. Brexiteers quickly switched from talking about celebrating Brexit to pointing at everyone else saying "Why don't they DO something to make this better?". This is what winning always looked like. Project Here.

Northern Ireland has COVID and yet has full shelves because it's getting all it needs over the open border with the Republic.

Though Brexit has been a clusterfuck for food manufactured in GB and shipped across the Irish Sea. Luckily the keep delaying the regulation, but when it kicks in you need people to deal with the paperwork.

Trust me, I’m more than aware of the impact of covid on foreigners and I’m not saying it’s solely down to Brexit - it’s largely down to covid but there’s an element of Brexit. One very small example, a Spanish lady I worked with went home as her family were scared of her not sounding English and getting attacked or something. It’s obviously a bit of a crazy though as you’d be very unlucky for that to happen, but there is a casual xenophobia that seems more acceptable since Brexit because the leaders (Bozo, Patel etc) are all xenophobic.

I just find it very odd that we need immigration to keep our economy going, as white Brits we’ve gone through each decade since probably the 50’s disliking a certain type of person; blacks, Indians, Pakistanis, and now Polish, so whoever the next set of people is to fill the void (my guess is south East Asians), we’ll eventually we don’t like them too?!

Culturally, the Europeans were the closest fit to Brits and they speak better English than us lot. A Hungarian lady I used to work with used to go mad over how shit our spelling and grammar was :LOL:

Trust me, I’m more than aware of the impact of covid on foreigners and I’m not saying it’s solely down to Brexit - it’s largely down to covid but there’s an element of Brexit. One very small example, a Spanish lady I worked with went home as her family were scared of her not sounding English and getting attacked or something. It’s obviously a bit of a crazy though as you’d be very unlucky for that to happen, but there is a casual xenophobia that seems more acceptable since Brexit because the leaders (Bozo, Patel etc) are all xenophobic.

I just find it very odd that we need immigration to keep our economy going, as white Brits we’ve gone through each decade since probably the 50’s disliking a certain type of person; blacks, Indians, Pakistanis, and now Polish, so whoever the next set of people is to fill the void (my guess is south East Asians), we’ll even

tually we don’t like them too?!

Culturally, the Europeans were the closest fit to Brits and they speak better English than us lot. A Hungarian lady I used to work with used to go mad over how shit our spelling and grammar was :LOL:
I wouldnt disagree with any of that.
Re not having enough Brits to keep our economy going, I believe for a long time now we have allowed far too many fit working age people to sit on benefits and play the system.
I wish I had a pound for every time in the course of my job I have been told only mugs work, by people, in some households, where three generations have never had a job.
Benefits were there as a fall back in an emegency where illness or loss of your job occured, not as a lifestyle choice.
The xenaphobia is always there, with the press always on the lookout for some foreigner taking the piss to give everyone a bad name.
It isnt exclusive to the UK though, every country over the years has given different waves of immigrants a hard time, its how it is, people are wary of those they dont know.
Japan has only 2% of its population that are non Japanese. Some of the Visgard countries are not welcoming of immigrants, but are put out when other countries object to their citizens going to other EU countries.
I did say last week that I thought out of political expeediency a way would be found for lorry drivers to be allowed in, and surprise surprise that has sufaced over the weekend.

If it was "always" going to do that
What are you talking about. You have taken that remark totally out of context to try to prove a point. Read it again.
Are you saying that no one in Europe has issues with the way that the EU is run, because that just isnt the case.
I never suggested anyone tie themselves in knots.
You make the EU sound like the promised land, it isnt it has faults, and all I said was that the EU wasnt so intransigent there wouldnt have been a brexit.
Perhaps if 6 million Brits had gone to work in France, or Hungary etc etc their opinions on free movement may have been different.

One of the issues that isn't often raised is why Britain needs so many foreigners to come and work. One aspect of it is low wage jobs, dirty or dangerous jobs that Brits won't do but the other, very important thing is that Britain is aging.

What used to be a pyramid looks like a tower now. Britain's birthrate is 1.58. The replacement rate is 2.1. There aren't enough workers to replace the ones retiring.

Either Britain downsizes the economy and some jobs just don't get done or you bring people in to do them.

How about they just don't bother sweeping the streets any more because you can't get the people to do it?

there ls nothing wrong with WORK, it wont hurt you, there was a time when people worked in one job all their lives , then all of a sudden you had a choice, the mind said, i can do that and out you went and got the job, sometimes it was only seasonal but you put the extra spondulics aside,,, on the other hand some people who can work wont work, because they become allergic to it .seanie

What are you talking about. You have taken that remark totally out of context to try to prove a point. Read it again.
What have I taken out of context? You're saying that the shock of cutting off the immigration where our economy needs it most was always going to be a shock. We were assured by Brexiteers of all stripes there wouldn't be a problem and it would just mean more jobs for British people.
Are you saying that no one in Europe has issues with the way that the EU is run, because that just isnt the case.
No I'm not saying that, I'm saying what I wrote - the population of Europe are overwhelmingly pro-EU. Of course people have issues with the way it's run just as everyone has issues with how anything is run. They just don't think for a second ditching it completely is a sensible idea.
I never suggested anyone tie themselves in knots.
You're suggesting the EU should be flexible to accommodate us when their red lines have been known since the beginning and if we were still members we'd be insisting on them as well.
You make the EU sound like the promised land, it isnt it has faults, and all I said was that the EU wasnt so intransigent there wouldnt have been a brexit.
Intransigent on what?
Perhaps if 6 million Brits had gone to work in France, or Hungary etc etc their opinions on free movement may have been different.
Countries are either net population gain due to immigration or net population loss. We're fortunate to have (had) a thriving economy that made us one with a net population gain. When we were fucked in the 80s we had people working manual jobs all over Europe - see the documentary Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Japan has only 2% of its population that are non Japanese.

I heard a story that in Japan there are instances where pubs will refuse to serve “oval eyes” customers (I think it was). Is that true about Japan anyone? I can imagine with such a homogenous ethnic group there are examples of that.

m
How about they just don't bother sweeping the streets any more because you can't get the people to do it?

Makes you wonder if this is a soon to be reality. Many councils in the U.K. are skint, where cleaning streets becomes a nice-to-do not an essential. Occasionally I see a man in a street cleaning little machine but they aren’t paying people to sift through hedges for the crap that accumulates there for example. That work is being done by volunteers where I live, fair play to them.

Obviously central London will get cleaned because it’s tourism and cleanliness has an economic benefit where we don’t want a reputation like France had for dog shit ridden streets. But move to a normal residential area like mine, if it’s dirty it’s only the locals who suffer.

I heard a story that in Japan there are instances where pubs will refuse to serve “oval eyes” customers (I think it was). Is that true about Japan anyone? I can imagine with such a homogenous ethnic group there are examples of that.
Dont know mate, never been, my sister in law has, but doesnt drink.