Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 342 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

I've just come back from a few days holiday. Whilst I was there I had a chance to catch up with a mate of mine who runs a few fairground stalls. He was telling me about how the cost of a container of soft toys has gone up from £3500 to £22k since Brexit.

But the real problem appears to be a chronic shortage of lorry drivers arising from Brexit, with EU drivers forced to return home and immigration restrictions making it difficult for replacements to arrive. “It is a self-inflicted wound,” said Iceland managing director Richard Walker. “This is caused by the government’s failure to appreciate the importance of HGV drivers and the work they do for us.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-supply-chain-brexit-covid-b1908554.html

We are run by clowns.

The NFU *National Farmers Union) warned its members to vote remain and why

Chickens and roost spring to mind! However we are all suffering for it

Thing is again though, this was predictable so why in God's name did no one sort a visa plan out in advance that didn't cut drivers off at the knees.

You can't kick out all the foreigners only to let them all back in. That would be admitting that Brexit was all bullshit in the first place.

You can't kick out all the foreigners only to let them all back in. That would be admitting that Brexit was all bullshit in the first place.

200.gif

But we’ve got our borders and now all those (hardworking reliable) Poles have gone home we’re all happy…

Even if we can’t get all the food to the supermarkets and the lack of drivers is forcing prices up.

Let’s go and find a load of immigrants from another corner of the globe who are less reliable, can’t speak English as well, culturally far more different and probably have more baggage.

But we’ve got our borders and now all those (hardworking reliable) Poles have gone home we’re all happy…

Even if we can’t get all the food to the supermarkets and the lack of drivers is forcing prices up.

Let’s go and find a load of immigrants from another corner of the globe who are less reliable, can’t speak English as well, culturally far more different and probably have more baggage.
Here is something else that takes a lot of believing.
Michel Barnier, the man who lambasted Leavers over border control and wanting more control by our own government is now standing for election on, yes youve guessed it a pledge to bring in a five year immigration moritorium and return more power to the French government..
Sorry dan I have given up bothering, they are all tarred with the same brush, liars who will jump on any passing gravy train.

Barnier seeks limelight with pledge to shut borders – POLITICO
https://www.politico.eu › article › michel-barnier-frenc...

Dont see any mention of Covid in your post?

There's a shortage of people to do all shite paid jobs with long anti-social hours always will be. Filling the country with cheap labour from all over the world is a short term fix. Eventually, those people want equal rights and pay, housing etc. They are just the latest slaves

Dont see any mention of Covid in your post?

I know but this is the brexit thread and I find it amusing. But yes, I agree covid has had a huge impact on labour, but the point stands that we are reliant on labour from the other side of the continent to keep our economy moving. Both have contributed to the lack of resource which is causing problems and will ultimately increase cost for consumers.

There's a shortage of people to do all shite paid jobs with long anti-social hours always will be. Filling the country with cheap labour from all over the world is a short term fix. Eventually, those people want equal rights and pay, housing etc. They are just the latest slaves

There is an economical argument that cheap labour stifles automation and investment into machinery, I think the challenge is some jobs can be automated but cleaners or labourers will always be much harder to automate in the future and probably not worth the cost.