Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 340 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Brexit or not, we should have the EU flag up regardless as our more important trade ally and partner for peace keeping and security on the continent. I’m respectful of honouring the Brexit vote as much as I didn’t want it, but we should be looking to forge strategic alliances with the EU not all the is petty point scoring and bartering negotiation bollocks.

The whole thing is pathetic, mainly from our side.
No never. We have left, why fly a foreign flag.
If the EU had not been so dogmatic in their opposition to change that was being requested not only by us, but by many with regard to federalism and immigration we would still be in the EU.
They are still not listening to remaining countries and are on a collision course with a number of them, with court cases looming.

Fly our countries flag for fuck sake.
Honestly I've never heard so much bullshit about a national flag.
Are there any other countries in the world that have debates about whether their own counties flag should be flown?
Any other countries calling their flag racist?
It's fucking bullshit.
The union jack should be flown alongside the st George's flag in England.
And no it's not fecking racist or anti Europe or Gammon glamourising.

No never. We have left, why fly a foreign flag.
If the EU had not been so dogmatic in their opposition to change that was being requested not only by us, but by many with regard to federalism and immigration we would still be in the EU.
They are still not listening to remaining countries and are on a collision course with a number of them, with court cases looming.

Are you for or against a USA flag being flown then?

could we have like say the German one but not the French ?
(no one likes them surely) ?

obvs we'd need loads of Chinese and Yank flags and perhaps a few Israeli ones for bantzzz

still nice to get a bit of our own money back innit

Are you for or against a USA flag being flown then?
On the American embassy ,yes, or anyone elses flag on their embassy, but cant see why it would be flown at any other venues, except maybe a trade fair, or an international hotel might fly a flag.
But in every county in England on local government buildings no.

On the American embassy ,yes, or anyone elses flag on their embassy, but cant see why it would be flown at any other venues, except maybe a trade fair, or an international hotel might fly a flag.
But in every county in England on local government buildings no.

It does seem a silly thing, which sums up EU bureaucracy. But £56m is an important amount of money to bring in to help many people, so stick the flags up and get on with it.

The whole Brexit thing needs to move to a different level. It’s like haggling on the street, the future GDP development of the country in the short term could take a massive bashing - and it does fuck me off when people of a certain age who have made their cash from luck of a property boom, seem to want to shaft the youngsters.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see conflict on the continent for future generations, which we haven’t seen (except Yugoslavia).

Last edited:
and it does fuck me off when people of a certain age who have made their cash from luck of a property boom, seem to want to shaft the youngsters.
How does having a house shaft youngsters. Unless you are selling up and living in a tent, the value is immaterial.
If people of a certain age have children then they will get a leg onto the housing ladder when parental or grandparental death occurs.
Or are you against inheritance?

How does having a house shaft youngsters. Unless you are selling up and living in a tent, the value is immaterial.
If people of a certain age have children then they will get a leg onto the housing ladder when parental or grandparental death occurs.

Point I’m making wasn’t about owning houses. Typically, Brexiteers were in their 50’s and more, with a lot of money in capital assets.

The GDP wealth of Britain based on all studies pretty much including government, show that Brexit is damaging to future growth.

It won’t be retired homeowners on final salary pensions who bear the cost of that forgone GDP growth. But that GDP growth which would generate the extra jobs and income on top of what we had, has been voted away.

Nothing to do with inheritance tax at all, affordability is for the U.K. government to sort.

Point I’m making wasn’t about owning houses. Typically, Brexiteers were in their 50’s and more, with a lot of money in capital assets.

The GDP wealth of Britain based on all studies pretty much including government, show that Brexit is damaging to future growth.

It won’t be retired homeowners on final salary pensions who bear the cost of that forgone GDP growth. But that GDP growth which would generate the extra jobs and income on top of what we had, has been voted away.

Nothing to do with inheritance tax at all, affordability is for the U.K. government to sort.
According to The Times latest survey the UK will cement itself as Europes biggest economy after Germany and the sixth biggest in the world over the next ten years.
Covid has skewed any meaningful projections, but it cannot be said with any certainty how the EU will unfold in future years.
It doesnt look very stable with all the infighting, and Covid has shown that EU unity is a sham.
You cannot say with any certainty that GDP has been voted away, time will tell, you may yet benefit from Brexit.
With regard to over 50s and final salary schemes you could equally have a go at local government workers and their gold plated schemes that all council tax payers are funding, even though they themselves wont have a pension anything like that of the people they are paying for.
Perhaps you would have liked only under 50s to have had a vote, and those over 50 to put up with the outcome.
Joining a companies final salary pension scheme was conditional on joining a company.
You did not get the option to stay out, if you didnt join you didnt get offered the job.

You might well see conflict on the continent but are you seriously blaming Brexit for that?

Brexit might take a share of the blame. Britain has broken away from the EU, Britain will probably take a lot of pleasure in trying to break up the EU. There are a lot of underlying right wing views in eastern Europe, along with Russian meddling.

I feel like Brexit could be the start of a very fractious environment for the continent over the next 10-20 years.

It’s amazing how much the Central Europeans value peace and stability on the continent, much more so than Brits - because we’re brought up to think we solely won the war against the nasty Germans.

Brexit might take a share of the blame. Britain has broken away from the EU, Britain will probably take a lot of pleasure in trying to break up the EU. There are a lot of underlying right wing views in eastern Europe, along with Russian meddling.

I feel like Brexit could be the start of a very fractious environment for the continent over the next 10-20 years.

It’s amazing how much the Central Europeans value peace and stability on the continent, much more so than Brits - because we’re brought up to think we solely won the war against the nasty Germans.
Don't forget the nasty Italians and Japs Vs the British Empire and the Yanks

According to The Times latest survey the UK will cement itself as Europes biggest economy after Germany and the sixth biggest in the world over the next ten years.

Sounds like Lampard - took Derby from 6th to 6th.

Pretty much all forecasts showed Britain would take a few percentage point hit on future GDP growth, including the governments own forecasts.

I do acknowledge extrapolating and changing assumptions to what we currently know, doesn’t factor in necessarily what we don’t - that trade deal with Japan had a few tweaks didn’t it for Japanese producers?

Covid has skewed any meaningful projections, but it cannot be said with any certainty how the EU will unfold in future years.
It doesnt look very stable with all the infighting, and Covid has shown that EU unity is a sham.
You cannot say with any certainty that GDP has been voted away, time will tell, you may yet benefit from Brexit.
With regard to over 50s and final salary schemes you could equally have a go at local government workers and their gold plated schemes that all council tax payers are funding, even though they themselves wont have a pension anything like that of the people they are paying for.
Perhaps you would have liked only under 50s to have had a vote, and those over 50 to put up with the outcome.
Joining a companies final salary pension scheme was conditional on joining a company.
You did not get the option to stay out, if you didnt join you didnt get offered the job.

I'm curious about where you get your views on the EU. Is it a particular newspaper or a FB group?

There are a lot of underlying right wing views in eastern Europe, along with Russian meddling.
If you were to go back over my posts, (not suggesting you do) you would find that from the start of this thread that has been a central arguement for leaving.
The EU has expanded too far into the old Russian satellite states and bought in countries that have no affinity whatsoever with the EUs general principals.
They are in it for themselves and what they can get out of it finacially.
In general they are hard core anti immigrant countries, and add in envisaged membership of the Balkan countries it is all spread too thinly and will place huge economic strain on the affluent northern EU countries, who at the last settlement of the EU budget are already stating they dont want to pay for what they see as essentially idle southern countries, that run very loose budgets and tax systems.
I honestly do believe it will implode.

I'm curious about where you get your views on the EU. Is it a particular newspaper or a FB group?
Hi BB. I am of an age that was around at the start of the European journey.
We as a generation had a vote to stay or leave the EEC as it was then, and I was a fervent believer in the project, and voted to remain. ( I was a remainer once).
It made so much sense from an economic point of view, that I as a young person I couldnt see why anyone would say no.
However it was disclosed at a later date that Edward Heath, despicable Tory PM at the time who took us into the EEC together with the rest of the establishment had hidden the fact that a federal Europe was the ultimate aim of the project.
Remainers say we were taken out on a lie, wouldnt argue too much with that view because there was a lot of hot air in both sides, but we were also taken in on a lie
I think this is why Charles De Gaulle always blocked our membership, because he believed that we would not as a people be enthusiastic members, and with the benefit of hind sight he was correct.
Over the years I have watched the EU change from primarily a trading organisation into what it is today, and I dont like it.
As for my views, they are largely formulated from observations over the years.
You obviously pick up stuff as you go along from tv and the press, but believe it or not I read a broad spectrum in the press online.
Cant abide the hard left, but do read some of their output, to keep up to date with it.
PS no dont do FB or Twatter.

Last edited:
Hi BB. I am of an age that was around at the start of the European journey.
We as a generation had a vote to stay or leave the EEC as it was then, and I was a fervent believer in the project, and voted to remain. ( I was a remainer once).
It made so much sense from an economic point of view, that I as a young person I couldnt see why anyone would say no.
However it was disclosed at a later date that Edward Heath, dispicable Tory PM at the time who took us into the EEC together with the rest of the establishment had hidden the fact that a federal Europe was the ultimate aim of the project.
Remainers say we were taken out on a lie, wouldnt argue too much with that view because there was a lot of hot air in both sides, but we were also taken in on a lie
I think this is why Charles De Gaulle always blocked our membership, because he believed that we would not as a people be enthusiastic members, and with the benefit of hind sight he was correct.
Over the years I have watched the EU change from primarily a trading organisation into what it is today, and I dont like it.
As for my views, they are largely formulated from observations over the years.
You obviously pick up stuff as you go along from tv and the press, but believe it or not I read a broad spectrum in the press online.
Cant abide the hard left, but do read some of their output, to keep up to date with it.
PS no dont do FB or Twatter.

Spot on mate, couldn't agree more, the Common market made sense the federal states of Europe makes no sense.
Whatever its aim Germany has still risen to the top again, and that does frighten the rest of Europe

If you were to go back over my posts, (not suggesting you do) you would find that from the start of this thread that has been a central arguement for leaving.

Yep, you’ve talked about that and the far right many a time.

I think the rumour around Turkey joining broke the camels back in terms of swinging the vote, whether there was truth in it or not, I guess it was a possibility at some point. Certainly one of the reasons my dad voted for Brexit anyway.

Yep, you’ve talked about that and the far right many a time.

I think the rumour around Turkey joining broke the camels back in terms of swinging the vote, whether there was truth in it or not, I guess it was a possibility at some point. Certainly one of the reasons my dad voted for Brexit anyway.

It was a very well driven deceit by the leave campaign. They were able to say Turkey were joining, because they are in the process, by being in the process, it means they want to and have applied, but they are nowhere near the terms to be able to do so.

I just googled it, they applied in 1987!

But that, and the £350m which was also a deceit, worked perfectly.

My point to that re house prices is it depends on the age of the grandparents, parents when they pass. It's not the most pleasant to inherit and get a house cos someone has died. Youngsters prefer to save up and not inherit through death

Also what about those who don't have that net to do it.

The price of housing is through the roof. Housing became a commodity and not a stable roof and security for pension age.

I think it was you who made the comment about over 50's not being given a choice on Brexit cos of their age in a scenario as to what could have happened

My point on that is the younger generation are left with the decision made. The 16 plus didn't get a say. Only 18 plus.

We won't be around as long and the majority of young people voted remain

There is no perfect solution. I expect the young people will take us back in one day and I hope I'm around to see it.

I do take on board your point about certain countries who don't have the same human rights etc and it being expanded to Bulgaria and so on

The only reason the vote was called was not over what the E.U wouldn't move on. It was called because of the E.U refused to allow the U.K a veto on the new law about offshore tax havens so our wealthy couldn't crash the economy when they moved their money offshore like they did in the bankers crash.