Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 333 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

This would be interesting. Won't happen, too much self interest,

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...rendum-sweden-frugal-four-charlie-weimers-mep

What would be great is to put the EU back to the citizens to give it a mandate to carry on OR to peel it back. Not so much in/out but more something to legitimise what they are doing OR to show them, like the UK, they don't like the creepign federalism.

Would be amazing to get back to a common market without some of the federal rubbish.

Not satisfied with fucking over the fishing industry, the government are now turning their attention to the farmers.

The UK is to offer Australia a trade deal under which both countries would phase out import taxes over 15 years. The cabinet was reportedly split on what terms to propose, amid concerns UK beef and lamb farmers could be undercut by larger Australian producers.

But Boris Johnson pushed for unity at a senior ministers' meeting on Thursday. Downing Street said the cabinet was now in agreement, but a farmers' union said ending taxes on meat imports would lead to the "demise" of many UK farms.

Trade in meat between the two countries is very small, but the National Farmers' Union (NFU) has warned that pitting small-scale UK beef and lamb producers against vast Australian cattle and sheep stations could force many of them out of business.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57198607

What would be great is to put the EU back to the citizens to give it a mandate to carry on OR to peel it back. Not so much in/out but more something to legitimise what they are doing OR to show them, like the UK, they don't like the creepign federalism.
This is what those of us that voted out had been lobbying for for years, because the trade between Europe and ourselves is what bound us together, the federalism is what pushed us apart.
Sadly Europe doesnt listen to any dissenting voices, they just plough on regardless, still are, even after we have left.
There is a rising tide of unhappy citizens in numerous countries, but they dont listen, the agenda continues apace, and others will leave, just a matter of time.

Not satisfied with fucking over the fishing industry, the government are now turning their attention to the farmers.

The UK is to offer Australia a trade deal under which both countries would phase out import taxes over 15 years. The cabinet was reportedly split on what terms to propose, amid concerns UK beef and lamb farmers could be undercut by larger Australian producers.

But Boris Johnson pushed for unity at a senior ministers' meeting on Thursday. Downing Street said the cabinet was now in agreement, but a farmers' union said ending taxes on meat imports would lead to the "demise" of many UK farms.

Trade in meat between the two countries is very small, but the National Farmers' Union (NFU) has warned that pitting small-scale UK beef and lamb producers against vast Australian cattle and sheep stations could force many of them out of business.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57198607

Word on the street has it that Bojo wants the PR of doing trade deals around the world and doesn't care about the substance of those deals. There is nothing really beneficial for the UK in the deal with Australia except for PR for Bojo.

He also wants to get a deal done with the US. All hail chlorinated chicken.

Throwing kerosene on the dumpster fire is the fact that he wouldn't shut down flights from India because he wanted to get another useless trade deal done with them. Now the Indian varient is running wild.

Just dont buy it, soon get the message.

Not every consumer is savvy though, and if the USA cheap meat undercuts our farmers, it will simply ruin our farming industry and then we will rely on the majority of our meat from the places who don't give a shit about the animal welfare, or indeed, particularly about the consumer.

It isn't the chlorine that is the problem, it is the fact they feel the need to use it, to hide the multitude of sins from their poor processes.

Just dont buy it, soon get the message.

Problem is, people will buy it because it’ll be affordable and you might not have a choice. None of us know where fast food chicken comes from, granted you could choose to buy fast food chicken but it’s not like you have a choice.

My understanding is that it isn’t so much the chlorination that is the problem as some veg for example gets chlorinated, it’s the fact that the quality of chicken can be so poor that the use of chlorination just allows farmers to carry on supplying poor quality meat.

Edit: Fear beat me

Not every consumer is savvy though, and if the USA cheap meat undercuts our farmers, it will simply ruin our farming industry and then we will rely on the majority of our meat from the places who don't give a shit about the animal welfare, or indeed, particularly about the consumer.

It isn't the chlorine that is the problem, it is the fact they feel the need to use it, to hide the multitude of sins from their poor processes.
Not sure where you shop JF, but I go where I find myself.
That may be Waitrose if I am that way, but more often than not it is Aldi.
Waitrose chicken is one price and Aldi is another, a lot lower at £4.99 per KG for chicken breasts.
I have never had any suspect chicken from Aldi in any way, and it doesnt come much cheaper than that.
How cheap are we talking for this chlorinated chicken? less than that.
People are paying Aldi prices now, and you are not going to get it any cheaper than that are you, and if it was who in their right mind would buy it, you will still have the option of what you eat and afford now.
I do think this chlorination has become something of a myth to attack leave voters with.
Like eveything else time will tell.

And the non joke answer. Have you read up on the US and Australia and the food standards re the need to chlorinate.

And no, it isn't a way to attack leavers, it is a way to show our farmers will struggle to keep up when we are allowed to import shite food at lower prices (yes, cheaper than Aldi et al....)

I’d be fairly sure farmers and fishermen were strongly pro-Leave for their own reasons (and completely justified if that’s what they believed would pay the bills - but will be completely shafted unless Westminster decides to support them.

Last edited:
I think Bojo might be a genius.

The Brexit vote wasn't really about the EU, it was about immigration. We all know that immigrants like Britain because there are lots of low-skilled jobs there. One of the big industries that needs lots of low skilled labour is agriculture. If you destroy Britain's agriculture industry with stupid, one-sided trade deals, there is no more demand for low-skilled labour! BAM! Problem solved!