Europe In Out Shake it all about

I often wonder if these people

Johnson
Gove
Mogg
Farage
IBS (Deliberate Freudian Slip)
Patel

They are the main ones whose names come up daily, satirical humour is made on them and songs on YouTube etc, know about these and how they are reviled by at least half of society!

They probably see it as part of the job and don't care. Johnson will being a narcissist as they hate people disliking them

The fishing industry, which apparently 92% of voted for Brexit, isn't happy with the results of Brexit.

I almost admire the twats behind this for actually getting lots of people to think that Brexit just meant that they or their industry would get all the benefits of the EU with none of the bits they didn't like. Bit like a pick and mix.

The fishing industry, which apparently 92% of voted for Brexit, isn't happy with the results of Brexit.

I almost admire the twats behind this for actually getting lots of people to think that Brexit just meant that they or their industry would get all the benefits of the EU with none of the bits they didn't like. Bit like a pick and mix.

I find it perversely amusing these stories, I couldn’t believe your fact above but I did a quick google and 93% of Scottish fisherman intended to vote apparently. https://www.researchgate.net/figure...rmen-at-the-2016-EU-referendum_fig2_325188654

That said, whatever you voted for, these problems are as a result of bad planning and lack of competence. In my industry, I know retailers are struggling to get goods across the Irish Sea - a couple of products can have dozens of pages of paperwork. It’s not good enough whichever way you voted as leavers won’t have envisaged this.

Last edited:
My son and his girlfriend have just lost their jobs at Amazon due to a lack of work. Looks like a lot of the goods are stuck at the ports.

My son and his girlfriend have just lost their jobs at Amazon due to a lack of work. Looks like a lot of the goods are stuck at the ports.
Sorry to hear that Stu but that's more than likely Amazon's excuse to chop excess workforce after the Xmas rush they do it every year mate my mates missus has been delivering for a few years now and she says January is always a big come down workwise.

TIR plated lorries from many countries across and outside of the EU should have easy access as long as the paperwork is ok. TIR has been operating for many years especially with eastern European states. I vaguely remember doing it at college back in the 70's.
Any hold-ups will be due to Jobs worths who have decided to actually do their jobs, let's hope they start checking Lorries on the way to the UK for illegal cargo and stop this nonsense of taking drivers sandwiches off them. I'm all for checks especially for Drugs and People trafficking but a ham sandwich is just being bloody minded

Sorry to hear that Stu but that's more than likely Amazon's excuse to chop excess workforce after the Xmas rush they do it every year mate my mates missus has been delivering for a few years now and she says January is always a big come down workwise.

He was there this time last year mate but says the amount of goods coming in has almost ground to a halt compared to January 2020. My wife who also works for a different Amazon warehouse says they also have got rid of a lot of staff there for exactly the same reason.

Retailers and manufacturers stocked up on goods and raw materials before Brexit, to avoid tariffs. The news keep suggesting the traffic will increase to normal levels around the end of January, so the next few weeks will be interesting.

I don’t doubt that the issues are largely from companies who didn’t prepare the right paperwork through their supply chains, but many smaller companies buried their heads in the sand. They didn’t appreciate “deal” also meant change.

They need to employ the admin staff (one positive of Brexit I suppose) to sort the customs charges out and pass that onto consumers.

Bit of good news amongst all the bad stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55757930

Japanese car maker Nissan has told the BBC its Sunderland plant is secure for the long term as a result of the trade deal reached between the UK and the EU.

It said it will move additional battery production close to the plant where it has 6,000 direct employees and supports nearly 70,000 jobs in the supply chain.