Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 266 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

This happened with Ford in Bridgend too, and they still voted for The Tories turning it from red to blue for the first time FB_IMG_1582402436122.jpgin a hundred years

I never thought the day would come when Labour heartlands vote Tory, it’s a one off and will reinforce the sentiment for another generation.

There were a few in the West Midlands, they will realise Bojo is full of shit and lies - they’ll end up being outraged in 3-4 years when he hasn’t improved anything or even visited the area apart from deliver something that makes them poorer, and the anti-Tory sentiment from these tradition labour heartlands will be reinforced.

Bojo isn’t smart enough or equally bothered because it’s a 5-10 year stint to convert these areas to Tory long term.

I never thought the day would come when Labour heartlands vote Tory, it’s a one off and will reinforce the sentiment for another generation.

There were a few in the West Midlands, they will realise Bojo is full of shit and lies - they’ll end up being outraged in 3-4 years when he hasn’t improved anything or even visited the area apart from deliver something that makes them poorer, and the anti-Tory sentiment from these tradition labour heartlands will be reinforced.

Bojo isn’t smart enough or equally bothered because it’s a 5-10 year stint to convert these areas to Tory long term.

I sat and sobbed my eyes out election night when Bridgend turned blue! Mr KK woukd be livid and devastated, being from that constituency.

Even if he had voted leave (which he didnt) he would have been livid that his own had sold their souls to the Tories.

He hated the Tories with vengeance. He remembered what they did to the mining areas in the 80s of which is valley was one of.

They slept walked into the lions den and still don't get it. My God he would have torn off a strip family and friends down there he knew voted Tory.

The worst is that family and friends his age and older voted blue. It's not the young generation who don't remember the affect from the 80s etc who voted this way. It's those who do.

My husband was and is very much a one off for people coming from down there, with the attitude etc

If you'll excuse the cross-polination of threads, I have a theory about Brexit.

If you have followed The Population Problem thread, there is an ongoing sharp decline in fertility rates across the world. This is becoming a big issue in Europe and across the developed world. Part of it is that native populations in developed countries are declining faster than immigrant populations, put simply; immigrants have more kids than indigenous populations.

Brexit revealed a marked difference in the head vs heart voters. Logically, the EU has been great for Europe (including Britain) but 52% of British voters voted against it for reasons which couldn't be easily articulated.

An issue which came up over and over again in Brexiteer opinions was that immigration was a problem. Logically, immigration is essential to keep industries running including the prized NHS. More people of working age are needed to keep the social welfare system afloat.

With the native population of Britain producing fewer and fewer children and immigrants of all nationalities having relatively more children, was the Brexit vote an effort to stop British people from becoming a minority in their own country?

I'd love to hear from those who voted for Brexit to see if this theory holds any water.

Sorry to pick on @Pride of Lions but you are the only member I can remember who has stated that they voted for Brexit.

If you have followed The Population Problem thread, there is an ongoing sharp decline in fertility rates across the world. This is becoming a big issue in Europe and across the developed world. Part of it is that native populations in developed countries are declining faster than immigrant populations, put simply; immigrants have more kids than indigenous populations.

Brexit revealed a marked difference in the head vs heart voters. Logically, the EU has been great for Europe (including Britain) but 52% of British voters voted against it for reasons which couldn't be easily articulated.

An issue which came up over and over again in Brexiteer opinions was that immigration was a problem. Logically, immigration is essential to keep industries running including the prized NHS. More people of working age are needed to keep the social welfare system afloat.

With the native population of Britain producing fewer and fewer children and immigrants of all nationalities having relatively more children, was the Brexit vote an effort to stop British people from becoming a minority in their own country?

I'd love to hear from those who voted for Brexit to see if this theory holds any water.

Sorry to pick on @Pride of Lions but you are the only member I can remember who has stated that they voted for Brexit.

I could counter most of that BB but it would take me all night to type it but from my point of view I missed the vote to go into Europe and I lived before we went it with no problems and my Dad was far better off then I have ever been.
Now the Common market fantastic idea but and that is what I believe people voted to join, It's now become an unmanageable mess and people were fed up with it.
I'll leave it there but we never voted to join the 27 states of Europe, just a common trading platform with a few stable countries

Probably one of the biggest reasons some of my family voted Brexit in all honesty. They’re sacred their little part of the world is going to be invaded by Muslim terrorists from Turkey and we’re all reciting the Quran in Arabic. Over history we’ve disliked the blacks, the Indians, the Pakistanis, the Bangladeshis, and it’s now onto the Polish and Romanians.

Four of my school mates including me who have an Eastern European girlfriend/wife or off Eastern european descent.

Thank god Boris and Farage have stepped up to stop all this disgusting inter continental marriage and breeding... wait a minute.

I am currently living in Worcester Dan.

I thought you lived abroad when you said you weren’t back in time to vote, wondering if you still lived abroad. I’m originally from around that part of the region, very Tory and pro-Brexit. I find my views very different to that of my parents, in fact my 80 odd year old Nan is the most pragmatic and rounded in her views.

If that is the reason, or one the main reasons, I see similar concerns growing in Ireland.

The Ireland 2040 project only amplified that. 1 million more people adding to the population in the next 20 years. Not that it means one million immigrants but they are expecting the population to rise by that much.

I remain as neutral as I can be on these things, but a discussion about what's happening is very much needed, otherwise it just leads to far-right paranoia. The Kalergi plan etc.

If that is the reason, or one the main reasons, I see similar concerns growing in Ireland.

The Ireland 2040 project only amplified that. 1 million more people adding to the population in the next 20 years. Not that it means one million immigrants but they are expecting the population to rise by that much.

I remain as neutral as I can be on these things, but a discussion about what's happening is very much needed, otherwise it just leads to far-right paranoia. The Kalergi plan etc.

Politicians looking for cheap GDP growth, eh?

Singapore was aiming to have a population of 10 million (it's currently just above 5m) but they had to curtail their ambition when the natives got restless. They hadn't developed the infrastructure to accommodate all of those new people and everything got very crowded.

As long as Sinn Fein don't get a seat at the big table, the future looks very bright for Ireland at the moment.

So, we've taken back control and our Court has told the Gov to follow their own laws & commitments....interesting.

I am just praying that the U S will see sense this year and vote Trump out, then perhaps there will be some return to sanity in this country though it will be a slower progress here as we cant undo Brexshit quickly. Whatever the U.S do, we seem to have to follow for some bizarre reason. I'm not holding my breath though

My mate from Italy, who also featured in the Coronavirus thread, was telling us about the problems they are anticipating. Too numerous to go into but it looks like an administrative nightmare for Brits in Italy.