Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 205 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Yes, from the "sunlit uplands" and the "easiest deals in history" to...

Through Operation Yellowhammer, the government has been looking at what existing powers it could use to prioritise fuel to essential services or to relax rules limiting the working hours of HGV drivers, for example.

As part of the contingency plans, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has made 3,500 troops, including reserves, available to be deployed if necessary. It has also set up an operations room in a bunker at its main Whitehall building to coordinate efforts in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47652280

I've seen elsewhere that what is being described as "May's charm offensive" to European capitals in imminent.
Sounds a tiny bit oxymoronic.

I’ve said on here before, she lacks leadership at home to unite everyone (difficult I know) and the charisma to schmooze our European friends. The extension has been granted because of trade rather than any skill from May.

What a humiliation this is turning out to be.To see this country turned into a laughing stock and diminished in the eyes of the world by a process carried out by one of the worst collective bunch of politicians since I first cast my vote in favour of Harold Wilson's Labour party. A process set in motion by a Conservative leader who totally miscalculated in calling a referendum and then scuttled off after leading a campaign to remain and losing. Now we've got talks between a remain leaning P.M. and a Labour leader who believes that the E.U. is a capitalist plot but will swallow his principles to gain political advantage. All of this overseen by a parliament that couldn't find its arse if it had a map. In the meantime the E.U., having played its cards brilliantly, sits back and pisses itself laughing at the ineptitude and uselessness of the British Establishment.
And now we see May trudging up the red carpet in Berlin to beg favours from Frau Merkel and having to cosy up to a supercilious French mini-Napoleon in Paris who might, or might not grant us the favour of an extension.
The script writers of 'Yes Prime Minister' couldn't have come up with a more ludicrous plot.
The E.U. elections should prove interesting. I hope The Monster Raving Looney Party is on the ticket. It's as credible as the other prats.

Jesus - IDS has just said leaving without a withdrawal agreement doesn't necessarily mean leaving without an agreement and the EU might have to accept that.

:help:

Still banging on about cake and eat it.

They're all clueless. The E.U. leaders are showing more ability, intelligence and decisiveness all round. Can you imagine our lot trying to do deals with the Americans? They'll be eaten alive.

Jesus - IDS has just said leaving without a withdrawal agreement doesn't necessarily mean leaving without an agreement and the EU might have to accept that.

:help:

Still banging on about cake and eat it.

''That statement makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever'' Scratches head. If anyone can explain it in civvy terms not politicians terminology I would be happy to hear it, cos it can't be anymore confusing than what IDS has said. How much is they are paid to talk this amount of cr*p?

Anne Marie Dipshit has topped that this morning.

Asked about all the information about what leave meant and the lies re second ref.

"Nobody explained what remain meant as well with ever growing closer ties."

FUCK OFF!

Where do the ERG breed these utter bellends from? Can we turn the plug off?