Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 204 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

It’s all very well passing this Bill to make us ask for a further long term extension just to carry on with the indecisive bickering and division for years to come. Assuming the EU even grant it.

Yup, can kicking and saving face for too many of them now.

I've relinquished the TV for the night so no idea whether any further progress has now been made by Parliament whilst the 'leaders' look to protect their own positions.

As I put in a previous post, the EU will effectively give us a stay or ultimatum, maybe even take the deal off the table and make us stay as we are.

I don't see the EU doing that Dan. They are playing a far more sensible game and rightly coming out as the good guys here as apart from those so blind they'll never see, our Government is being shown up for the shambles they are, whilst the EU have a plan and try and make things work.

Pulling the plug they'd know is bad optically and would put 'unelected' barbs and eyes back on them.

I've just been listening to a podcast about Brexit by The Watson Institute. They have a lot of good stuff on there.

The big takeaway from it is the undermining of parliamentary democracy. This whole muddle has tied the UK up in knots for two years with no end in sight.

Perhaps Lizzy should step in and boot them all out?

The big takeaway from it is the undermining of parliamentary democracy. This whole muddle has tied the UK up in knots for two years with no end in sight.

Yup, we've broken our own system with this referendum.

We aren't set up for it and any intelligent person (Cameron obviously wasn't one of those) would have set parameters.

It could be argued there would need to be a bigger majority than the split we got to break the status quo (of remaining). This is too close (and a 2nd might well be the same either way) to take on such a massive task, it just showed a massive split instead (and the leave campaign broke the rules spending over £640k more than they were allowed to).

But also there should have been a ratification vote by the people at the end of the process to check they liked what had been agreed. Even Rees-Mogg, who has conveniently forgotten this since) said a 2nd one would be a good idea.

We could have done this 2 years ago as a gesture of good will before the negotiations began. Fancy stringing along those in the UK and those in Europe for all that time, none of them knowing their futures. Pathetic mismagement.

This is a sensible article and well written, I think. Once I have posted this I will tell you about The Twilight Zone I have found myself in tonight.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The humbling of Britain
The “enemies of the people” are not those opposing Brexit, but the reckless politicians who have brought us to this act of self-harm.

We are reduced to this. A humiliated, supplicant British prime minister sitting alone in a Brussels side room for six hours while the rest of the European Union discusses our fate. A government no longer capable of governing. A country that has become a byword for chaos and dysfunction. A sundered “United Kingdom”. Hundreds of thousands of Britons seeking citizenship in other EU states. Industry howling in rage and frustration. MPs needing police protection. People stockpiling food and medicines. The public discourse poisoned. Families split. Friends riven. The military on standby in case of civil unrest.

Cont: https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...HW-NpiPLntAJsWnw3mlaxmIoh7eD0rTYfDrAm0ImV0API

Last edited by a moderator:
I ventured onto Sky News tonight and the headline was about some prescribed drug from the 70's and it's impact. I glanced at the other top headlines and scratched my head. There is something wrong here: There isn't a Brexit headline screaming in me for miles.

Bizarre and utterly wonderful. Maybe Guy Fawkes got the heavens open as the rain stopped play. Onward

I'm really getting bored of Mark Francois banging on about Brexit. His key message on the BBC in an interview a minute ago was May dealing with a Marxist whose a threat to national security.

Guess it takes a fascist to not spot the irony.

Is It Time To Liberate The UK Using Military Force?

WITH tensions mounting in the UK among the elders of its two warring tribes as they slowly dismantle the nation from the inside out, is it time for the first world to step in and rescue the incompetent natives from themselves, before it’s too late?

For too long now this great country of ours has been observing the UK’s warring factions from a distance and ignoring their idiotic savagery even at its most disturbing levels. Once a strong and stable nation proud of its unsophisticated political, social and economic prowess, the UK now lies broken and exhausted like a lame horse in a knackers yard facing its proverbial final hurdle with a bullet to the head while the West stands by nervously with its hands tied due to international red tape.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2019/04/04/is-it-time-to-liberate-the-uk-using-military-force/

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to give Question Time a miss last night as I was fedup of being angry after everyone.

Then on Bremain in Spain I found out it was a good one I missed last night and the con on it last night was a remainer. Guess I will be watching catch up on it

Heres a petition for you: it's a smiley one for irony at parliament and brexiteers but worth a signature. I would love to see this reach the 100 thousand so it had to be debated in parliament just for kicks.

After all why cant we have a bit of fun too. This would seriously pee alot off. It's a #HardRemain petition asking us to sign to adopt Schengen, the euro and remain ??? yup it's got over 10 thousand signatures already so the government has to respond

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/233767

This is a copy of an email I have been given and allowed to share with the name of the person in government/The Lords blocked out for there privacy who has been corresponding with a member of a remain FB group on the debacle in the lords primarily

For those who might be interested in what transpired in the House of Lords yesterday and what will follow, I received the following today from ************(name removed for privacy reasons), which he has given me permission to share.

I watched a fair bit of the debate and was shocked by both the tactics and the unpleasant comments being used in a normally civil and respectful environment, and he sums that up here:

Start of email:
The Bill arrived from the HoC and we moved the procedure motion needed to deal with it in one day. That was essential. The normal rules would have meant it would take about five weeks. Seven Conservative Brexiteers moved amendments to prevent progress. In all but one case they spoke at length to move their amendments (Lord True spoke for about 30 minutes) and in each case someone would move at the earliest moment that the amendment be put to a vote. The Brexiteers involved would refuse and there would be a vote on whether to vote or allow the debate to continue. In each case the Brexiteers lost first the proposal to proceed to a vote and then the main vote. All 12 resulting votes were won by our side by about 245 votes to 60-110 votes.
It was a clear filibuster and wasted 7 hours. The government and opposition Chief Whips then, inevitably, agreed to hold the Second Reading but to delay the Committee Stage and Report and Third Reading till Monday. While we may try to copy the Commons and not do every Stage normally required - goodness knows there’s been enough said already - it means we intend to finish on Monday evening.
The Commons will consider any amendments from the Lords at about 8pm. Not likely to be controversial, a bit of legal tidying and maybe no changes at all. The Queen is kindly standing by to give Royal Assent on Monday night. It will then be the law of the land.
Personally I was willing to sit all night last night but the Whips have probably managed to provide a workable timetable. The key is whether the Brexiteers try to filibuster on Monday. I believe they will although the Govt Chief Whip is keen to prevent it. In any event we will use the procedure of closing debates if they abuse Parliament. This is a bloodthirsty battle but as before I promise we will work flat out to win. I’ve spent this morning corralling support.
Aside from the actual votes yesterday I’ve never seen such feral hostility in the Commons and Lords. I think we may be watching the death spiral of the old political parties and possibly of the traditions of our Parliament. This may be inevitable but it’s being hastened by an ugly outburst of 1930s nationalism I had hoped had been eradicated. Sorry for any typos.
We fight on.
Best regards
************ (name removed)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not every leave voter is racist (we all know valid concerns), I know that for a fact from my own circle.

But those that are, voted leave.

Nice to see Francois squirm and that stare out is so 14 y/o inviting a smack hiding behind 'my daddy will sue you'.