Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 416 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Was it a lie. Is this a lie. If it's not a lie, where is the money going. Too many people?. Too many managers? Managers not good enough? So many questions.

I didn't get all the way through the article. The Daily Mail makes my skin crawl. I can't help but get the feeling that, much like the original slogan on the bus, this article is entirely based on a lie.

Was it a lie. Is this a lie. If it's not a lie, where is the money going. Too many people?. Too many managers? Managers not good enough? So many questions.

A very well crafted pile of...skewed squarely through a pro leave/Tory lens, and maybe I'm just being me, but the timing and angling is very subtly pro-Boris, especially as it's trying to rewrite his history on what it quietly actually acknowledges was proven to be a lie anyway - not least the fact I can't even remember the last time I saw anything about the 350m in a debate of note, there are bigger issues, that's all done.

Maybe it's my reading, but if I was a leaver I'd actually feel more insulted by his piece than the random remainer study he references, as in trying to justify Boris's 350m claim he loosely refers to the pandemic to imply they 'maybe accidentally lived up to the promise' (but hey it still happened) and then totally side skips the fraud involved in the figures it then relies on to use the top line figures, whilst completely ignoring how many of those billions didn't actually go the NHS, trying to treat me like a clueless prick in the process - and I'm his target audience?????

I didn't get all the way through the article. The Daily Mail makes my skin crawl. I can't help but get the feeling that, much like the original slogan on the bus, this article is entirely based on a lie.

I did a Google image search for Ross Clark, and he looks as much the 50-something year old virgin you would expect him to.

The article makes so many excuses, it almost confirms two things; people did vote for Brexit based on £350m going to the NHS and admits in general a “lower cognitive ability” of Brexit voters. I have a parent who was shit scared of Turkey joining the EU based on all the propaganda if we didn’t leave, who wanted more money for the NHS and only two weeks ago was moaning about the additional paperwork she is having to do at work to send product to Ireland.

I love the way he’s gone through pulling facts from a Google to spin an argument, it’s like a school kid being pulled into the headteachers office giving excuses. Using Covid driven NHS spending to argue the NHS has had more investment, and claiming a win from the UK growing 1.4% and 1.9% in 2016 and 2017 respectively, whilst the eurozone grew more than this, and around double in 2018 and 2019.

It’s not really worth debating the article, I just read it for a laugh. Our economy has rebased downwards so going forward it might even start to perform well on a percentage basis year on year.

The NHS is pretty much finished and without unprecedented investment it will die. At the moment it's not a national health service but a national disease service, you get the treatment you need generally at the point of being in a bad way. There's nothing preventative about it.

We need more doctors, more surgeries, better technology and services open over the weekend (the answer to this isn't to over work doctors but to hire more).

Look at the health of the nation, 25% obese, circa 40% overweight, mental health issues through the roof, diabetes at record levels, life expectancy falling. This isn't good enough.

Where does personal responsibilities come into this?
I empathise with this but clearly the UK population is unable to do this. So IMO this needs to be tackled in schools (teach kids how to cook properly and teach them that being fat is bad) and GP surgeries (not in these exact words but something of the sentiment of "hey you're looking pretty fat, this is going to shorten life, this is what we can do about it, follow this plan and we can review in 2 months time"). We also need to remove the ridiculous PC culture of 'fat acceptance'.

The benefits of this a pretty significant, obesity is becoming a massive drain on NHS resources and the rates are only going to go up.

I empathise with this but clearly the UK population is unable to do this. So IMO this needs to be tackled in schools (teach kids how to cook properly and teach them that being fat is bad) and GP surgeries (not in these exact words but something of the sentiment of "hey you're looking pretty fat, this is going to shorten life, this is what we can do about it, follow this plan and we can review in 2 months time"). We also need to remove the ridiculous PC culture of 'fat acceptance'.

The benefits of this a pretty significant, obesity is becoming a massive drain on NHS resources and the rates are only going to go up.
Agree totally with that. I posted a few weeks ago somewhere that they need to teach kids, boys and girls, to cook at school from an early age. As a society we have allowed the pc brigade to take over health and education, and the word fat is now banned for fear of causing distress.
Parents are failing kids by serving them crap. Parents eat crap and kids pick up the habit. It's cheaper to eat proper food than the salt and fat laden rubbish takeaways dish up. However it's easier to eat rubbish and it needs a complete rethink , and people have to want to eat healthier and I don't think they can be bothered.

Agree totally with that. I posted a few weeks ago somewhere that they need to teach kids, boys and girls, to cook at school from an early age. As a society we have allowed the pc brigade to take over health and education, and the word fat is now banned for fear of causing distress.
Parents are failing kids by serving them crap. Parents eat crap and kids pick up the habit. It's cheaper to eat proper food than the salt and fat laden rubbish takeaways dish up. However it's easier to eat rubbish and it needs a complete rethink , and people have to want to eat healthier and I don't think they can be bothered.
They need to make cooking a mandatory class which runs from year 7 to year 11. Now it doesn't have to be a weekly class that is all year round but one that is introduced for perhaps one term per year.

In these classes kids should learn what calories are and how they differ per macro nutrient. They should also learn about 'micro-nutrients' and its health benefits. Finally they should be learning how to make nutritious meals from relative scratch. If schools are worried about finding the time for this then how about they dial down idiotic shit like Religious Studies.

I started senior school in the year 2000, we had cooking classes every now and then and would make things like pizza, absolute joke, I doubt it has moved much beyond that.

They need to make cooking a mandatory class which runs from year 7 to year 11. Now it doesn't have to be a weekly class that is all year round but one that is introduced for perhaps one term per year.

In these classes kids should learn what calories are and how they differ per macro nutrient. They should also learn about 'micro-nutrients' and its health benefits. Finally they should be learning how to make nutritious meals from relative scratch. If schools are worried about finding the time for this then how about they dial down idiotic shit like Religious Studies.

I started senior school in the year 2000, we had cooking classes every now and then and would make things like pizza, absolute joke, I doubt it has moved much beyond that.
Most schools do have health lessons or citizenship lessons where this is covered. But it's often done by the form teacher (who doesnt give a fuck) and the kids don't give a fuck.

Some schools still have cooking if they have the facilities. But like you said. They cook brownies, pizza and pasta. Not exactly meals that will make you healthy.

I get what your saying. But this should also come from family time. Cooking healthy meals with grandparents and parents. Should be a family thing really.

School is ok. But what 11/12/13/14 year old is going to give two fucks about it when it means nothing towards their grades.

Most schools do have health lessons or citizenship lessons where this is covered. But it's often done by the form teacher (who doesnt give a fuck) and the kids don't give a fuck.

Some schools still have cooking if they have the facilities. But like you said. They cook brownies, pizza and pasta. Not exactly meals that will make you healthy.

I get what your saying. But this should also come from family time. Cooking healthy meals with grandparents and parents. Should be a family thing really.

School is ok. But what 11/12/13/14 year old is going to give two fucks about it when it means nothing towards their grades.
The problem is though is when you look a lot of the families out there it's just not going to happen. Perhaps we're just doomed.

The problem is though is when you look a lot of the families out there it's just not going to happen. Perhaps we're just doomed.
Definitely doomed.

Most 'developed' countries seem to be.

Better to move to a developing country because at least they have the chance to be great.

UK had its golden chance. Was great. Fucked it. And then totally blew it. For numerous reasons.

Singapore. Ok great. But that's hard. Japan. The same. China was but not now.

Where else is safe from the inevitable?

It hasn't.

Definitely doomed.

Most 'developed' countries seem to be.

Better to move to a developing country because at least they have the chance to be great.

UK had its golden chance. Was great. Fucked it. And then totally blew it. For numerous reasons.

Singapore. Ok great. But that's hard. Japan. The same. China was but not now.

Where else is safe from the inevitable?
Scotland under the SNP. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If the NHS is getting so much money now, why is it failing? Why did my mate's mum have to wait 6 hours for an ambulance? Where is all the money? (A question I keep asking under this Tory government)
You're friends mom did ok by some standards. A friend of ours recently had fourteen hours in an ambulance waiting for a bed. Very difficult to validate the NHS increases. Most sources are firmly entrenched in left or right dogma. From what I can see yes they have had increases in excess of that infamous figure on the bus, however in real terms has not kept pace with inflation or a massive growth in the population. Given the fact that the ONS are predicting a population growth of almost 7 million, in the next fifteen years, and that takes no account of unprecedented disasters or wars, due almost entirely to immigration, I don't see much hope for the future of the NHS in it's current form.