Europa League Discussion 2020/21 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Europa League Discussion 2020/21

So CCV and Clarke are included in the Europa League squad but Gedson has been left out. It doesn't look like he has much of a future with us. And I thought Clarke would be sent out on loan.

So here is the squad list - https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/1652--tottenham/squad/

I tried to count the 17 non-homegrown players according to UEFA rules

Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Dier, Reguilon, Davies, Hojberg, Sissoko, Gio, Ndombele, Lamela, Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Kane, Vinicius

That means that Doherty and Bale are HG which makes sense

Explains why Gazza misses out

A little confused about Gedson as he is 21 years old though.

So here is the squad list - https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/1652--tottenham/squad/

I tried to count the 17 non-homegrown players according to UEFA rules

Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Dier, Reguilon, Davies, Hojberg, Sissoko, Gio, Ndombele, Lamela, Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Kane, Vinicius

That means that Doherty and Bale are HG which makes sense

Explains why Gazza misses out

A little confused about Gedson as he is 21 years old though.
I assume Kane is in that list by mistake, Bale is definitely a homegrown player, Bale was at Southampton from 16 and was 18 when we bought him. Doherty unfortunately apparently misses out by few months from being classed as homegrown

I assume Kane is in that list by mistake, Bale is definitely a homegrown player, Bale was at Southampton from 16 and was 18 when we bought him. Doherty unfortunately apparently misses out by few months from being classed as homegrown

Yeah, good catch. So the 17 is less Kane but add Doherty.

Still can't figure out how a 21 year old Gedson misses out in the UEFA rules

This is a strange one because there are numerous references on Google which argue that he does qualify as homegrown.

I can't see it. He was 18 in January 1992 and joined Wolves in August 2010. So he would have been 21 before completing his three years with them.

This is a strange one because there are numerous references on Google which argue that he does qualify as homegrown.

I can't see it. He was 18 in January 1992 and joined Wolves in August 2010. So he would have been 21 before completing his three years with them.

I think if he had been born on 31 Dec 1991 then he wouldn't have qualified even though he would have been 19 days older and same age in August. From memory, isn't the HG ruling more to do with his birth year than his actual birth date?

I think if he had been born on 31 Dec 1991 then he wouldn't have qualified even though he would have been 19 days older and same age in August. From memory, isn't the HG ruling more to do with his birth year than his actual birth date?
If that's the case then, yes, he's homegrown. Which should create a place for Gedson but he's missing?

Most of the reports I've read though suggest Doherty doesn't qualify as homegrown which would leave 19 non-homegrown players and Jose has decided to omit Gazza + Gedson.

If that's the case then, yes, he's homegrown. Which should create a place for Gedson but he's missing?

Most of the reports I've read though suggest Doherty doesn't qualify as homegrown which would leave 19 non-homegrown players and Jose has decided to omit Gazza + Gedson.

OK - that must be the case

Are we two non homegrown players over the limit?

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Dier, Rodon, Aurier, Davies, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sissoko, Gedson, Lamela, Bergwijn, Lucas, Son, Vinicius..

Unless Gedson counts on the B list?

I guess Gazzaniga will be one dropped