Europa Conference League Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League Thread

I know. Depressing, All I know is he rejected a move away, (told this yesterday) and sadly I think the interest in him is said to be low.

That is depressing news. We don't have to register him though if we decided to play hard ball. I wonder if he would prefer two years in the stiffs, rather than two very well paid years at Al Habibi FC.

That is depressing news. We don't have to register him though if we decided to play hard ball. I wonder if he would prefer two years in the stiffs, rather than two very well paid years at Al Habibi FC.

Anyway, happy birthday to him, I think he's 32 today and still has a couple of years to run on his contract.

Maybe Nuno can make better use of him?!!

Last edited:
Exactly, there are some good teams already and we have the drop downs to come yet. I don't think this competition should be derided.

The competition is key for forward planning. We need squad/peripheral players and youngsters gaining experience at this level.

For likes of sess and Winks, they can either play back into form or we realise they're no longer an asset.

Here’s a full list of Tottenham’s Conference League roster after the transfer window closed.

List A
  • Hugo Lloris
  • Pierluigi Gollini
  • Brandon Austin
  • Matt Doherty
  • Sergio Reguilon
  • Cristian Romero
  • Davinson Sanchez
  • Emerson Royal
  • Joe Rodon
  • Eric Dier
  • Ryan Sessegnon
  • Japhet Tanganga
  • Ben Davies
  • Tobi Omole
  • Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
  • Son Heung-Min
  • Harry Winks
  • Bryan Gil
  • Giovani Lo Celso
  • Dele
  • Steven Bergwijn
  • Lucas Moura
  • Tanguy Ndombele
  • Jack Clarke
  • Harry Kane
List B
  • Malachai Fagan-Walcott
  • Kallum Cesay
  • Brooklyn Lyons-Foster
  • Oliver Skipp
  • Harvey White
  • Nile John
  • Matthew Craig
  • Michael Craig
  • Dilan Markanday
  • J’Neil Bennett
  • Dane Scarlett
  • Romaine Mundle

Here’s a full list of Tottenham’s Conference League roster after the transfer window closed.

List A
  • Hugo Lloris
  • Pierluigi Gollini
  • Brandon Austin
  • Matt Doherty
  • Sergio Reguilon
  • Cristian Romero
  • Davinson Sanchez
  • Emerson Royal
  • Joe Rodon
  • Eric Dier
  • Ryan Sessegnon
  • Japhet Tanganga
  • Ben Davies
  • Tobi Omole
  • Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
  • Son Heung-Min
  • Harry Winks
  • Bryan Gil
  • Giovani Lo Celso
  • Dele
  • Steven Bergwijn
  • Lucas Moura
  • Tanguy Ndombele
  • Jack Clarke
  • Harry Kane
List B
  • Malachai Fagan-Walcott
  • Kallum Cesay
  • Brooklyn Lyons-Foster
  • Oliver Skipp
  • Harvey White
  • Nile John
  • Matthew Craig
  • Michael Craig
  • Dilan Markanday
  • J’Neil Bennett
  • Dane Scarlett
  • Romaine Mundle

Good to see N'dom included, hopefully, it's a sign of him being prepared to get his head down.

Good to see N'dom included, hopefully, it's a sign of him being prepared to get his head down.

Yeah he was the big story, with the only other being the exclusion of Paskotsi. That's a shame for that lad as he may have featured.

So different from last year when Rodon and Gedson couldn't be accommodated.

Shows some common sense and progress in my opinion.

Hopefully we will see Clarke have some opportunities in this comp.
It will likely be big for both him and Sessegnon. I've yet to see anything that suggests that they will make it for us so this is the perfect opportunity for them.
Yeah he was the big story, with the only other being the exclusion of Paskotsi. That's a shame for that lad as he may have featured.

So different from last year when Rodon and Gedson couldn't be accommodated.

Shows some common sense and progress in my opinion.
Another victim of the home grown quota being filled. At least in the season after next he will be able to be in List B and will count as home grown after that (if still around of course)

Hopefully we will see Clarke have some opportunities in this comp.

Well our fixtures are in this order

Rennes (a)
NS Mura (h)
Vitesse (a)
Vitesse (h)
NS Mura (a)
Rennes (h)

Does Nuno go strong home and let the youngsters forage in the away games? Or does he let them get on with it in the first 3 games and see how they get on knowing he can make it stronger towards the end?

Well our fixtures are in this order

Rennes (a)
NS Mura (h)
Vitesse (a)
Vitesse (h)
NS Mura (a)
Rennes (h)

Does Nuno go strong home and let the youngsters forage in the away games? Or does he let them get on with it in the first 3 games and see how they get on knowing he can make it stronger towards the end?

I'd say 90% youngsters away. Let them soak up the experience.

Throw seniors on for home games (less travel/fatigue) and kane can snatch us some penalty points.

I'd like to know Nuno's perspective on competition as a whole. Is it a competition he is serious about winning and will pick teams accordingly? Or is it a training opportunity for the youngsters and fringe squad players?

One thing worth bearing in mind is that the group winners go straight into the last 16. The runners up go into the last 32 to be joined by the clubs exiting the Europa League. That extra round in Feb/Mar is a killer in the English clubs' schedules.

Winning it gets us Europa next season which is not a given via the PL IMO.
Yes a lot of weighing up for Nuno. He will possibly try to be clever and do just enough by fielding a mix through the group stage.