euro 2020 | Page 4 | Vital Football

euro 2020

Wales had equalised against Switzerland with the match approaching the end. Robbie Savage said Wales should slow the game down and start committing some fouls. Is this now an acceptable tactic? I find it all slightly depressing - I guess it has always been there but really........ Do we want to celebrate Jack Grealish whose game seems to be about drawing fouls and going down easily. Let's play the game properly!

Slightly dissociated from football generally check

Expectations for England sensibly adjusted check

Resolved to enjoy tournament for its own sake check

Watch first games as dispassionately as possible check

It's now less than an hour to KO for our opener and quite suddenly I am caught between reaL, physical anxiety and optimistic mania. Why????

Wales had equalised against Switzerland with the match approaching the end. Robbie Savage said Wales should slow the game down and start committing some fouls. Is this now an acceptable tactic? I find it all slightly depressing - I guess it has always been there but really........ Do we want to celebrate Jack Grealish whose game seems to be about drawing fouls and going down easily. Let's play the game properly!
Re Grealish - I said that to the wife during the week. He reminds me of Wilshere in that aspect.

England - Too negative and seem to run out of steam in the last 15 minutes (really hope I am proved wrong).

Already got the flags up and beer on the go.

Slightly dissociated from football generally check

Expectations for England sensibly adjusted check

Resolved to enjoy tournament for its own sake check

Watch first games as dispassionately as possible check

It's now less than an hour to KO for our opener and quite suddenly I am caught between reaL, physical anxiety and optimistic mania. Why????
Agreed - I have limited expectations, albeit more than the WC, but I've also suddenly found myself feeling excited and optimistic.

Just watched the Colombia pens - IT'S COMING HOME!!

Tripper @ LB 🤔

Rice and Phillips holding as well as Trppier at RB over both Shaw and Chilwell who've had good seasons. Good to see the round pegs in square holes that has hampered England in the past hasn't affected Southgate, not. Sterling over Grelish, based on form is bizzare also IMO. Hope Southgate knows more than I do.

Thought Sterling looked half the player he was in the last game, where Grelish looked the business, as Captainblue says lets hope Southgate knows better than us :unsure:

Rice and Phillips holding as well as Trppier at RB over both Shaw and Chilwell who've had good seasons. Good to see the round pegs in square holes that has hampered England in the past hasn't affected Southgate, not. Sterling over Grelish, based on form is bizzare also IMO. Hope Southgate knows more than I do.
That is all we can hope, but seeing the Croatian midfield, I fear that they will use the gap between the 2 df midfielders and the front 4. Trying to stay optimistic!!

That is all we can hope, but seeing the Croatian midfield, I fear that they will use the gap between the 2 df midfielders and the front 4. Trying to stay optimistic!!

Just don't get why England managers seem to have a compulsory urge or need to dick around and play players out of position. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

We lost to Croatia in Russia because we lost the midfield battle. Can see the same happening today with the system and line up. Again I hope I'm wrong.

Just don't get why England managers seem to have a compulsory urge or need to dick around and play players out of position. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the arse.

We lost to Croatia in Russia because we lost the midfield battle. Can see the same happening today with the system and line up. Again I hope I'm wrong.
I agree with all of that, but fingers crossed.