euro 2020 | Page 10 | Vital Football

euro 2020

Italy looked good, but they won't have it so easy against teams that have a keeper.

Mind you, there something admirable about the way he just said, I'm beaten all ends up. No way am I going to further humiliate myself by diving around pretending I had a chance.

If Switzerland beat Turkey, it should give them enough points to qualify for the next stage. If four points is enough for Wales, as they kept saying on the telly yesterday, then it'll be enough for Switzerland.

Goal difference could have an effect. Currently Switzerland are -3, Wales are +2

If points are level between two teams is it then decided on goal difference or the result between the two teams? Obviously if Wales and the Swiss are level on points it'll be GD because they drew, but what about in a different scenario? Does anyone know?

Italy looked good, but they won't have it so easy against teams that have a keeper.

Mind you, there something admirable about the way he just said, I'm beaten all ends up. No way am I going to further humiliate myself by diving around pretending I had a chance.

Italy are unbeaten in nearly 30 matches, conceded 3 times in the last 20 matches, scoring 62 times in the last 20! 11 consecutive clean sheets! I think they will be hard to beat at any stage of the competition! Mancini has developed Italy into a very strong possession based team, but also they have the quality of a Bielsa type of team where they are so strong at regaining possession very quickly!

Italy have been the best team so far, although all of France, Portugal and England played within themselves and won fairly comfortably in tough tests; Belgium impressed too as you'd expect.

It will be interesting to see how Italy fair when the face a tougher challenge. Let's be honest, they are in a poor group at home. Turkey and Switzerland looked poor and, whilst Wales were excellent yesterday and could have won by more, they were poor and lucky against Switzerland on Saturday and could have lost by as many as they could have won by yesterday. Will be interesting to see how the Welsh go against Italy next if they play like they did yesterday.

Another factor that will be interesting re Italy is not only how they fair against better teams, but also away from home. For most of my football viewing career, which spans internationally from the early/mid 80s, Italy have always been a boring, defensive based team - often effective mind. The only time I can recall them playing with flair, intensity and attacking prowess is the 1990 World Cup team with the likes of Baggio, Schillacci and co. It's interesting that that team, like the current team in this Euros, showed such a style when playing at home. I struggle to recall them reverting from their usual defensive style, i.e. get ahead and see it out, away or on neutral venues. So, I'll be interested to see how they play away and against better teams - will they continue to press and attack or will they revert to type and hang-on at 1-0 in knock-out games v say France or Germany, which we've so often seen Italy do and too often England have tried to do (with generally less success than Italy)?

I have always had a soft spot for the Danes .The Danes I have met over the years have always been fantastic people. Now having moved to Suffolk we have a local ferry to Hook of Holland definitely thinking of getting up to Denmark at some point.They were superb first half and fully deserved their lead.Belgium look very vulnerable defensively.The Danish manager has at very least shown a way of beating this Belgium team.That could be useful to others if Belgium progress.

1-1, good counter attacking goal from Belgium.
I think the Danes had been making the most of their home advantage up until now, and the wave of emotion resulting from the Erikssen situation.

Just seen the clip of Ronaldo disposing of Coca Cola bottles and replacing them with water at post match press conference. Top man. Well done.
UEFA threated fines if players do it.
Go on Ronaldo, do it again please.
Love to see the reaction if they fine a football icon for encouraging healthy living at a sports event.

What a sick world we live in that money is so sought after that there seems to be no moral compass.

Just seen the clip of Ronaldo disposing of Coca Cola bottles and replacing them with water at post match press conference. Top man. Well done.
Love to see the reaction if they fine a football icon for encouraging healthy living at a sports event.

What a sick world we live in that money is so sought after that there seems to be no moral compass.
Pogba did the same with Heineken in front of him.
Said nothing, just moved it.
Class 👍

Pogba did the same with Heineken in front of him.
Said nothing, just moved it.
Class 👍

Not quite the same though is it. Ronaldo moved the bottles of coke on the grounds of promoting healthy living. Pogba moved the bottle of Heineken to make a petty religious point (IMO religious fanaticism). He left the two bottles of Coke in front of him. His motivations were not the same and as worthy as Ronaldo’s.

Not quite the same though is it. Ronaldo moved the bottles of coke on the grounds of promoting healthy living. Pogba moved the bottle of Heineken to make a petty religious point (IMO religious fanaticism). He left the two bottles of Coke in front of him. His motivations were not the same and as worthy as Ronaldo’s.
Yes, spot on.
Was about to post on this myself. There was talk of allowing players to move alcohol on religious grounds. As an Atheist, my moral objection to harmful liquids would not excuse me but belief in something that doesn't exist would!! Blatant discrimination.

Whilst I agree with your final statement, CR didn’t mind endorsing all manner of junk shit when they were prepared to pay him handsomely for being their main figurehead.

Poacher turned gamekeeper?

You've just got to remember how awful the teams you play in qualifying are to understand why teams like Austria are here. Easily good enough to finish 2nd in qualifying.

Then you get here and they get found out by the top teams. It's kind of the point of football.

It's teams like North Macedonia qualifying through the stupid nations league route that's the problem.

Even more ridiculous given that it was non-alcoholic lager!