Euro 2020 thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

Euro 2020 thread

Southgate again got the tactics, starting eleven and the substitutions spot on and all the squad buy into it. A major final win beckons at last, I'm sure he will pick a team to win that final, and the guy has got it spot on so far. Well done to the players and coaching staff he makes this management lark look easy. Sterling behind everything going forward MOM by a country mile.

Southgate again got the tactics, starting eleven and the substitutions spot on and all the squad buy into it. A major final win beckons at last, I'm sure he will pick a team to win that final, and the guy has got it spot on so far. Well done to the players and coaching staff he makes this management lark look easy. Sterling behind everything going forward MOM by a country mile.
I agree with that except for Sterling. I’d have placed him 4th follows by Stones. Walker was outstanding for me.

Sterling MOM, FFS, do some people even watch the game, he was hardly in it second half. Came good again against a defence that were a spent force in extra time. Seems we find a way to get our agenda into every slimy comment.

Walker, Maguire, Kane were magnificent. Could not pick a MOM from the three.

Why when Denmark could not get out of their half we substitute our best player for a defender shows the lack of bollocks our manager has. First real test Sunday. I will judge him on that. Soft Penalty to win it too, but we will take it. Enough gone against us over the years.

First genuinely good performance from Sterling.

Maguire and Walker excellent - pleased for those two.

Maguire and Stones is a good pairing that will get better unless Stones regresses again.

Southgate gambled on the subs winning it in extra time, only hoping to win in 90 mins. Not a bad approach when Denmark were using up their subs. Never expected it to get to pens, but it was a very soft penalty that made sure of that in the end.

Well done to Southgate though. He's stuck to his guns and got the results. First major test in the final though - a much harder game than any of the others. If he can go up against Mancini and win that's above and beyond anything he's done so far.

By the way, how sad and downright fucking hideous that the county can't enjoy and absorb this moment properly.

All the pubs, bars and usual gathering places are still being refused the ability to operate properly, at anything like capacity.

Only for these restrictions to be lifted one fucking week later.

How about a small bit of flexibility and common sense, eh? Of course not.

For so many it dilutes what could be and already is a historic moment for English football. Just as the overwhelming home advantage with no travelling fans allowed reduces any achievement.

For myself, it's typical that after always supporting England I now have a reason not to. Great timing. Shame.