Euro 2020 thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

Euro 2020 thread

How many times have we seen the flair teams go out and the boring team that grinds opponents down come through to win the tournament.?

To me this just feels like a bit of a daft time when anybody can win anything.
I’d agree wi that

96 felt like it was our time and it should have been we were better than the Germans but just couldn’t get over the line whether it was a mental thing or not who knows it’s gone

I’d agree wi that

96 felt like it was our time and it should have been we were better than the Germans but just couldn’t get over the line whether it was a mental thing or not who knows it’s gone
When we smashed the Dutch in 96 i was sure we were going to win that Euro's Bully,i've learned with both our beloved BLADES and England never to take owt for granted.UTB

Certainly not for the glory is it
No defo aint for the glory mi owd pal but i'm sure like me you've met some wonderful folk following our club,and only one or two knorbheads.:yes: Talkin of Knoorbheads how's owd Blockers going on lately.:giggle: UTB

Top quality from Barella. Just another aspect of his game. Glad he's had his moment.

Pitiful attendance in Munich, btw.

Fucking hell Insigne

You don't let him inside like that. Perfect position for him. He's one of the very best shooting from that angle.

Klinsmann saying Barella is one of the top talents in Europe.

Finally. First time anyone on BBC/ITV has said anything of the sort all tournament.

Massive shame with Spinazzola and a huge blow to Italy's chances - to the extent I'd possibly now make England favourites over them.

He should still be in team of the tournament.

Italy should win the thing, and I hope they do, but England have home advantage which unbalances it.

No surprise to see Belgium fall short again. They've done exactly as I expected them to do. Shame that KDB is still a nearly man in tournaments (including the CL).

Rumours are that the game tonight is being postponed. One of the Ukraine players has covid. The left back, Tickili Chestikov

Rumours from where? Nothing about it on Sky Sports News and they have multiple reporters in Rome for the build up and almost constant coverage at the moment.

Don't see why. It hasn't stopped any others in the tournament. Plenty of time to test the rest of the squad and sideline any others,

Agreed, we had to side-line two players who tested negative multiple times just because they stood and talked to someone for twenty minutes after a game. Either get on with it or pull out of the tournament, we can't wait around for ten days.