Euro 2020 thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Euro 2020 thread

Isn't it to do with Kendall hooking him at Ipswich? Talk of racism on Kendalls part.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/6214948.amp/

I've heard that story and wouldn't put it past Kendall. Blake's also been bitter towards the fans, which I don't get because like any Blades goal scorer he was loved by the fans.

I'd appreciate him sitting down for an hour, being candid and just getting whatever it is off his chest.

Wales piss me off and the coverage around them pisses me off. Always so warm and cuddly as if we're all on their side and want them to win. Then there's fucking Robbie Savage. Having such blatantly one sided commentators should be beneath ITV and BBC, but no.

The BBC commentator kept going on about the 'amazing Red Wall' as if Wales have this legendary support, they don't even fill out the Cardiff City Stadium for home games, never mind the Millenium.

As good as through to the KOs now, and they're bang average.

Turkey are a classic case of international underperforming. They've not looked right at any point. Wales winning was no surprise at all.

I don’t understand the negative attitude to Wales. A small country, currently over performing, managed by an ex-Blade (and a nice bloke), with 2 ex-Blades plus one current Blade in the squad.
A team of mainly “ordinary” players who flog their guts out, but have one ”good” player and one “class” player. Well organised with a great team spirit. Good luck to them.
Also, loved the way that deep into injury time, leading by one goal, they twice conned the Turkish defence into thinking they were just going to chuff about in the corner, but went for a second goal instead. A second goal that might yet prove the difference between 2nd and 3rd place in the group.
As one who dislikes intensely the usual time wasting in the corner, I found the Welsh tactic a refreshing and welcome change.

Ukraine are outstanding to watch.

Malinovskyi, Zinchenko, Shaparenko, Yarmolenko and Yaremchuk all very smooth, skillful, bright attack minded players. Left side of the defence also excellent with Matviyenko and Mykolenko.

As a team they play in a manner far more open than most international teams you'll see. Credit to Shevchenko.

[QUOTE="Biggles, post: 2893266, member: 141954"
As one who dislikes intensely the usual time wasting in the corner, I found the Welsh tactic a refreshing and welcome change.[/QUOTE]

I used to love our Tony taking control near the edn of some games.

I don’t understand the negative attitude to Wales. A small country, currently over performing, managed by an ex-Blade (and a nice bloke), with 2 ex-Blades plus one current Blade in the squad.
A team of mainly “ordinary” players who flog their guts out, but have one ”good” player and one “class” player. Well organised with a great team spirit. Good luck to them.
Also, loved the way that deep into injury time, leading by one goal, they twice conned the Turkish defence into thinking they were just going to chuff about in the corner, but went for a second goal instead. A second goal that might yet prove the difference between 2nd and 3rd place in the group.
As one who dislikes intensely the usual time wasting in the corner, I found the Welsh tactic a refreshing and welcome change.
Apart from the Blades links, ancestors on my Dad's side moved to Sheffield from north Wales in the 19th century so I'm with you sir!

I've got a full set of welsh names christian name, middle name and surname so i've always had a soft spot for them especially now with an ex blade managing them

I don't begrudge them a bit of success. Be honest, how many people saw Rob Page playing for us 15 years ago and thought 'He'll make a decent international manager one day.'

Do you believe the rumour that Wales recruited a certain Goalkeeper to give special coaching on penalty taking to Bale?
By the way wouldn't it be nice for England to win the Euro cup with Wales runners up

Congratulations

to France
1f1eb_1f1f7.png
keeping Germany
1f1e9_1f1ea.png
out for 90 minutes on Tuesday night, thereby beating the record set in 1940.