Euro 2020 thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Euro 2020 thread

There's nothing more the EU would want than for all member states to have Ode to Joy as an anthem and every side to wear blue and gold. They even count all the medals won in the Olympics by members as by the EU. They're maniacs, but they will always fail because the majority of Europeans believe in sovereign nation states and representative democracy.

Oh, and this is trending in Spain right now #SiSeArrodillanApagaLaTele. Rough translation 'fuck the knee right off'.

There's nothing more the EU would want than for all member states to have Ode to Joy as an anthem and every side to wear blue and gold. They even count all the medals won in the Olympics by members as by the EU. They're maniacs, but they will always fail because the majority of Europeans believe in sovereign nation states and representative democracy.

Oh, and this is trending in Spain right now #SiSeArrodillanApagaLaTele. Rough translation 'fuck the knee right off'.

The Spanish aren't thick like the left here. They demand independance for Basques,Catalunia and Andalucia. Madrid say no they say f u ck you. Huge empasse but cards on the table. Here we just have a bunch of gender fucked up idiots holding the rest of us back.

Poland can never seem to get it together in an attacking sense.

Politically, they seem a country far more worthy of respect than most, and they're passionate about football. I'd like them to do well. Not looking too hopeful though.

Poland can never seem to get it together in an attacking sense.

Politically, they seem a country far more worthy of respect than most, and they're passionate about football. I'd like them to do well. Not looking too hopeful though.

Totally agree. Got massive respect for them as a nation and politically. Solid, trustworthy, loyal and put their friends first. Everything the left here isn't.

Totally agree. Got massive respect for them as a nation and politically. Solid, trustworthy, loyal and put their friends first. Everything the left here isn't.

We went to war with Germany for them. Their pilots fought in the RAF, and their ground forces and people fought bravely. When I was a younger lad, we knew lots of Polish people around Hunters Bar, and the respect was very strong both ways

We went to war with Germany for them. Their pilots fought in the RAF, and their ground forces and people fought bravely. When I was a younger lad, we knew lots of Polish people around Hunters Bar, and the respect was very strong both ways

Second that. The groundsman at what was then The Hallamshire Tennis Club at Hunters Bar had a Polish caretaker who was a war refugee. Wonderful man. My dad was a member there since the 50's and I joined in the 70's as a young player. Roger Taylor was the club pro before buying Tom Lane facility at Nether Green. Tim Reader took over when Roger left. More recently I spent happy evenings at what was the Polish Club on Eccy Road.

As an addendum my PE teacher at High Storrs was Tim Matthews whose son Nick went on to become World Squash Champion. As a member of Hallamshire Tennis and Squash Club.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Matthew

I was a tennis player and had a bit of a young teenage thing for a member called Jane Mott. Leave the rest to the imagination of the intelligent posters.

Second that. The groundsman at what was then The Hallamshire Tennis Club at Hunters Bar had a Polish caretaker who was a war refugee. Wonderful man. My dad was a member there since the 50's and I joined in the 70's as a young player. Roger Taylor was the club pro before buying Tom Lane facility at Nether Green. Tim Reader took over when Roger left. More recently I spent happy evenings at what was the Polish Club on Eccy Road.

Funny you should say that SBT - I learnt to play at the Nether Green courts in the 70's - taught by Roger Taylor's mum. Played a lot until I left Sheffield and was running up in the Sheffield U18 champs. Still play now - resurrecting my game after a long gap and hoping for success in later life now.

As an addendum my PE teacher at High Storrs was Tim Matthews whose son Nick went on to become World Squash Champion. As a member of Hallamshire Tennis and Squash Club.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Matthew

I was a tennis player and had a bit of a young teenage thing for a member called Jane Mott. Leave the rest to the imagination of the intelligent posters.

Crikey I also remember Jane Mott!! ......... older than me but a great player.

Crikey I also remember Jane Mott!! ......... older than me but a great player.

Bloody Hell. Do you remember her older sister Anne and younger brother John? I played with him and a kid called James Biggins whose dad was a pro and taught as well as Tim Reader.

I still play and brought my daughters into the game. If you ever pop up to Sheffield let me know and we'll sort out a doubles!

I still play and brought my daughters into the game. If you ever pop up to Sheffield let me know and we'll sort out a doubles!

I'll be back up one day - that's for sure.....will bring racket.
Definitely remember Jane and Anne Mott - but not sure why. I wasn't a member at Hallamshire - I played at Fulwood tennis & squash. So not sure how I came across them - but played in club matches so maybe that's how. Short dark hair??

I'll be back up one day - that's for sure.....will bring racket.
Definitely remember Jane and Anne Mott - but not sure why. I wasn't a member at Hallamshire - I played at Fulwood tennis & squash. So not sure how I came across them - but played in club matches so maybe that's how. Short dark hair??

Yep. Jane was stunning looking.( I was about 11 and discovering hormones) Jane and Anne played at Hallamshire and loads of local and regional tournaments so you would have crosssed paths. I played at Hallamshire and later at Tom Lane under Roger Taylor who was a schoolfriend of my dad.