EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 697 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

I agree about Johnson, and he may be the worst, but I think you would struggle to find a politician that is 100% trustworthy and does not have an unhelpful agenda.

I think there are some good ones in the mix, the ones who vote with the conscience and not as directed by the party Whip.

Tracey Crouch springs to mind. Tracey quit the cabinet over principal. Government would be better off with a lot less lap dogs and a lot more people with a conscience.

To be fair the entire Dutch cabinet took collective responsibility for a failure in Holland and resigned.

Can anyone seriously see Johnson taking collective responsibility.

And, unless I am mistaken, oddly seems to refer to an incident involving Asian migrants, not European ones.

Actually, we may now be able to accept more worldwide migrants as we do not need to worry about lack of control of numbers elsewhere. Preferential free movement for just some nationalities is actually racist and potentially xenophobic if you think about it in that sense.
No, You are mistaken. A xenophobe has a dislike of all foreigners. It is an uncomfortable truth that some (not all, and of course, no more than 2 or 3 on this forum) had xenophobia as a significant influence on their vote. Regretfully my own 86yo mother was fed a diet of Daily Express migrant scare stories for 4 years that she admits influenced her leave vote.

I rather like Europeans , so that rules me out !
Me too.
I love Europe.
I’ve had a place in Spain and a place in Malta over the years. I’ve worked in Spain, France and Denmark.
I speak ok Spanish and love the place.
I just didn’t like the political union that being a member of the Eu entailed.Take the Eu out of the Eu and it would work for me as a trade block.

Me too.
I love Europe.
I’ve had a place in Spain and a place in Malta over the years. I’ve worked in Spain, France and Denmark.
I speak ok Spanish and love the place.
I just didn’t like the political union that being a member of the Eu entailed.Take the Eu out of the Eu and it would work for me as a trade block.

Italy is my favourite. Dolomites, Lake Garda, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Isle of Capri and a random eight city tour have comprised my travels so far. Loved 99% of the people (one maitre d who clearly hated the English excepted).

As for food and national dishes, much as I love Fish and Chips, Cornish Pasties, and Full English Breakfasts, I also love quality pasta, pasta sauces, and pizza plus the Gelato in Sorrento is the best I have tasted.

I have also enjoyed Austria, the French/Swiss Jura, Southern Spain, Northern Cyprus, Crete and Corfu.

However, the 90 day limit would never bother me as I would never want to live anywhere but the UK, which has its own breath taking countryside and generally one of the most cosmopolitan, multi ethnic and tolerant societies.

Islam I'd say.

If you'd said Islamism I'd have been agreeing with you.

But to dismiss millions and millions of decent and beautiful peace loving human beings purely and simply because of their faith is pure discrimination and prejudice.

I understand the anger you feel towards the Islamists but you don't seem to understand that these people don't represent Islam, and that the majority of Muslims also feel anger towards the Islamists.

It's been explained to you many times by lots of different posters. I'm not sure why you don't want to try to understand things in a more nuanced manner than the simplistic analysis that all Islam must be evil.

You know, if you were claiming that all organised religion should be rejected, again I'd be with you. But this continual prejudice and discrimination against all Muslims is, as you've been told before, rather offensive.

If you'd said Islamism I'd have been agreeing with you.

But to dismiss millions and millions of decent and beautiful peace loving human beings purely and simply because of their faith is pure discrimination and prejudice.

I understand the anger you feel towards the Islamists but you don't seem to understand that these people don't represent Islam, and that the majority of Muslims also feel anger towards the Islamists.

It's been explained to you many times by lots of different posters. I'm not sure why you don't want to try to understand things in a more nuanced manner than the simplistic analysis that all Islam must be evil.

You know, if you were claiming that all organised religion should be rejected, again I'd be with you. But this continual prejudice and discrimination against all Muslims is, as you've been told before, rather offensive.
Hey, this is a Brexit thread.
If you want an Islamist one, start yer own.😂
Trashbat has a 14,000 thread 👍

By the way Budds, if you can, check out a series called The Serpent.
Set in my days of travelling across Europe and Asia.
Pretty authentic but quite chilling.
Seems strange now to think that I did all that and a few years later, was working for HMG.
Smash the system to joining the system 😳

Just finished it. Thanks shotty, thoroughly enjoyed it. (y)

What a fcking monster! Did quite like it though, when he told Ajay that he was a slave to the short-haired white girl who'd fed him some acid. What was it he said? Something about being colonised by her and that's what westerners do, travel to these far flung places to worship others' gods, dress in rags and live in filth so that they can return home wearing their experiences like a badge of honour because it's all a form of imperialism! Or something like that anyway.

Actually, it reminded me of an Alabama 3 song (you've got a connection to them, right?) which includes these fabulous lines:

'Cause the righteous truth is, there ain't nothing worse than
Some fool lying on some Third World beach wearing
Spandex, psychedelic trousers, smoking damn dope
Pretending he gettin' consciousness expansion. I want
Consciousness expansion, I go to my local tabernacle
An' I sing with the brothers and sisters

Just finished it. Thanks shotty, thoroughly enjoyed it. (y)

What a fcking monster! Did quite like it though, when he told Ajay that he was a slave to the short-haired white girl who'd fed him some acid. What was it he said? Something about being colonised by her and that's what westerners do, travel to these far flung places to worship others' gods, dress in rags and live in filth so that they can return home wearing their experiences like a badge of honour because it's all a form of imperialism! Or something like that anyway.

Actually, it reminded me of an Alabama 3 song (you've got a connection to them, right?) which includes these fabulous lines:

'Cause the righteous truth is, there ain't nothing worse than
Some fool lying on some Third World beach wearing
Spandex, psychedelic trousers, smoking damn dope
Pretending he gettin' consciousness expansion. I want
Consciousness expansion, I go to my local tabernacle
An' I sing with the brothers and sisters

Very tenuous connection to be honest.
Aurora the singer is the friend of my wife’s friends daughter, if that makes sense.
We’ve met her a few times when we lived in Harrietsham. She was a lovely lady.

On a personal note, I did part of the Magic Bus to Khatmandu in’76/77 so was travelling about when this was set.
I met some seriously wired and weird people, but maybe they said the same about me. 😉

Aurora the singer is the friend of my wife’s friends daughter, if that makes sense.

On a personal note, I did part of the Magic Bus to Khatmandu in’76/77 so was travelling about when this was set.
I met some seriously wired and weird people, but maybe they said the same about me. 😉

I was travelling early seventies and wired and weird was the norm lol.

Did you get to smoke any temple ball spuds?