EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 687 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Thank heavens we have now withdrawn from the ESC, what an appalling waste of money. Rid of all that complex bureaucracy involved in the voting process and all those countries that hate us we will prosper anew. We will be instituting a new competition based on our own United Kingdom (suitable names requested).

Spoiler alert: we won't win this one either.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?
The Europeans love it 😍
I was in Malta a few years back when they came second and it was virtually a public holiday declared.
Cars blocking the streets, horns beeping, flags waving.
It was a good laugh actually and the bonus of coming second was that they didn’t have to host it the following year.
They couldn’t have afforded to.

Great for the Maltese, not great for us!

Lawyers for Britain have given the OK to the UK/EU Trade Agreement.:contract:

https://lawyersforbritain.org/wp-co...-on-EU-UK-Trade-and-Cooperation-Agreement.pdf

>>>
The essential question before us is the following: is the Agreement sovereignty compliant as a matter of law?
We have concluded that it is for the following reasons:
• The Agreement reaffirms the sovereignty of the United Kingdom.

• There is an independent arbitrator panel for any disputes.

• The meanings of the provisions are autonomous under international law and do not reference EU law or jurisprudence of the European Court of Justice. Nor does the Agreement provide a role for the ECJ (except for EU programmes which the UK chooses to opt into) and the EU approach of provisions having “direct effect” in UK law is excluded.
• The Agreement contains a provision for termination on 12 months’ notice.

• During the operation of the Agreement, the UK remains free to make its own laws, subject to potential tariff and trade consequences if these significantly distort trade between the UK and the EU.

• The UK cannot be subject to arbitrary or disproportionate retaliation unrelated to effects on trade.

<<<

Potential concerns include:
"Non-regression" (past EU laws put into UK law)
"Re-balancing" (new EU or UK laws that each thinks the other should adopt)

Naturally, with a document containing so many "principles" that might be open to interpretation - and cross-referencing - there remains scope for disagreement - but the bottom line seems to be that the UK can:

A) Change an (old) EU law and accept the possibility of a limited / specific tariff adjustment......IF that is considered necessary by independent arbitrators.

B) Give 12 months notice to terminate the Agreement.

BUT Lawyers for Britain also consider there is "unfinished business" with regard to the W.A. and the N.I. Protocol.

Now for some football.:cheers:

Stanley Johnson applies for French citizenship. Bet he thinks this particular son is a right tosser :slap:
I expect he does.
It really is time to let it go now.
Democracy has won the day.
Everything else is bluster.

Anybody who feels that strongly about the Eu should either move to an Eu country or join a campaign for the U.K. to join it.
It’s now part of history.

Are we celebrating the 20% covered in the deal or the 80% of our economy (services) not covered by any deal? Keeping it hush hush about all those having moved to Europe or planning to. Maybe its all been sorted and someone will inform me as to my ignorance of the situation.

Trivial point I know lol.

No difference to me whether the banks, corporates and those in power keep us under control via the EU or UK, keep dancing on those strings lol.

Are we celebrating the 20% covered in the deal or the 80% of our economy (services) not covered by any deal? Keeping it hush hush about all those having moved to Europe or planning to. Maybe its all been sorted and someone will inform me as to my ignorance of the situation.

No difference to me whether the banks, corporates and those in power keep us under control via the EU or UK, keep dancing on those strings lol.

Just celebrate that we've left mate 🇬🇧

Just celebrate that we've left mate 🇬🇧

Exactly what is there to celebrate? We will have no extra benefits or greater freedom than we have today. Brexit was a con from day one to divide the people, stay or leave you are still controlled by exactly the same elites. They are global and the EU, UK, USA all bend down to them or take the backhanders from them.

Maybe amazon will now be stopped from laughing at us as it crushes our high streets whilst paying f all tax. Maybe google, twitter and facebook, etc will stop banning people and ripping us off. Maybe all our jobs and manufacturing will return from overseas, maybe we will make our own arms instead of bending to the US, maybe the banks will stop dictating to us, maybe food banks wont be needed anymore, maybe we will train people again, etc, etc.

Dream on lol. I expect nothing to change so the only thing of importance is whether the gills win or lose.

Maybe amazon will now be stopped from laughing at us as it crushes our high streets whilst paying f all tax. Maybe google, twitter and facebook, etc will stop banning people and ripping us off
Amazon, google, twitter are guilty of nothing, the people who pay money to support them are the ones too blame.

Amazon, google, twitter are guilty of nothing, the people who pay money to support them are the ones too blame.

A good point but it is also the fault of regulators. It maybe that competition is required for true capitalism to work and monopolies stifle and corrupt it.

Agree. We are controlled by the multinationals, not the EU. Nothing much will change in that respect, in or out of the EU. Frankly, it was a distraction. Disappointment and dissillusion to come I suspect.