EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 633 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

That was bad.
I think even he admitted that was a mistake in retrospect.

I would also add that all these years on , the Eu still hasn’t sorted its immigration policy.
Italy Greece and Malta still bare the brunt.
They still haven’t sorted out their ventilator procurement policy either even though many criticised the U.K. for not taking part .
They are also light years away from their coronavirus recovery plan. No sign of any agreement.
They are basically a talking shop

Last edited:
That was bad.
I think even he admitted that was a mistake in retrospect.

I would also add that all these years on , the Eu still hasn’t sorted its immigration policy.
Italy Greece and Malta still bare the brunt.
They still haven’t sorted out their ventilator procurement policy either even though many criticised the U.K. for not taking part .

Because it is not the remit of the EU to enforce immigration policy; that is the remit of nation states.

In any case, we don't even have ID cards in this country. Come to think of it, we don't even have an adequate track-and-trave system to identify and monitor Covid positive residents or infectees residing here. Nor did the current government adequately enforce immigration or quarantine in February to stop the Coronaviris arriving in the UK (precisely when you need it).

So how will things be any different from next January?

Hospitality and tourism accounts for a much bigger percentage of the economies of the mediterranean countries (Spain, Greece, Italy. etc) and your reference to car production problems will hit the Germans and French hard.
Are you sure of your facts? The UK has about 40 million overseas visitors a year; insignificant? I don't think so. And roughly 20% of employees fall into the retail, hotel and restaurant sector and 10% in transport etc.

The FT - an EU fan.

"there are two sets of standards" . Really ?

Sovereign countries are free to set their own Standards.
But they are constrained by practical considerations - and that the WTO discourages "Standards" designed as a Non-Tariff Barrier.
(e.g. very detailed specifications matching a domestic producer.)

The vast majority of "Standards" emerge from international Trade Bodies - of which there are over a hundred.
The UK can now resume its seat on those where the EU speaks for all its members. So the UK has "influence" again.

"Apparent" ? To whom ?
Anti-Brexit commentators ?

I haven't "pointed out" any such thing (and I don't believe any other Leaver on here has)

Evidence ? (....or another opinion from the Guardian)

Evidence ?
You do know that all donations to Political Parties over £500 have to be reported - and that it is illegal to accept donations from foreign sources ?
https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/latest-uk-political-party-donations-and-loans

"Trump’s Russian connections" have been shown to be bogus.
Any "connection" is about as valid as the fact that when you visited that holiday resort in Cyprus, Russians were at the table next to you and football was discussed !
Christ so much drivel. The FT isn’t the Sun, the Mail, the Express or the Telegraph so it must be a lefty EU lying rag, is that your argument ? Pathetic. Their article on the trading standards that operate across the world was not some polemic piece. It was a clear setting out of the facts. I can’t link because it’s behind the paywall. But it explained how China had started to produce its own trading standards framework but gave up because countries did not want to move away from their existing alignment to the US or the EU.

Fortunately you‘ve proved your ridiculous bias elsewhere with the claim that “Trump’s Russian connections have proved to be bogus”. The US report did NOT conclude that, but the conclusion that there was nothing to take action on was belied by the evidence set out in the report. Because the whole checks and balance process In the USA has been compromised, no action has been taken (yet). Russian involvement in contributions to the Tory Party are in the Russian report that BORIS REFUSES TO PUBLISH you absolute plank. Fortunately the part about donations has been leaked. And while we‘re talking about corruption, how about a SoS overruling the local Council on a planning application to be followed shortly by the developer making a contribution to the Tory Party. Corruption ? They’re up to their necks in it.

They are called key workers now - you need to give them a clap.

I wouldn't knock a field or shop worker. They kept working while many of us stayed at home. Kept the shelves stocked with food.

Good to hear about the well off Indians - kind of proves the point I am making.

I am also glad the kids are going to school. some of the them may become the next generation of doctors, engineers and entrepreneurs that this country needs.

Its called investing in our countries future.
You wouldn't knock a field or shop worker ?
Good, neither would I.

The point is......
1 million field and shop workers need a lot of houses to live in (school places etc)
If they weren't here, house prices would almost certainly be lower.

The higher cost of housing is ignored by those claiming a 'net benefit' from immigration.

There are plenty of immigrants who are not 'merely' law-abiding and tax-paying. Some are positively aspirational and role models.

The problem is .... large numbers, not individuals.

The

Last edited:
Christ so much drivel. The FT isn’t the Sun, the Mail, the Express or the Telegraph so it must be a lefty EU lying rag, is that your argument ? Pathetic.
When did I say any of that ?
Why do you effing lefties ALWAYS mis-quote or mis-represent people ?

Their article on the trading standards that operate across the world was not some polemic piece. It was a clear setting out of the facts. But it explained how China had started to produce its own trading standards framework but gave up because countries did not want to move away from their existing alignment to the US or the EU.
Are you seriously telling us that China has given up its right to set its own Standards ?
Or perhaps it's a bit like the Chinese attitude to Patent and Copyright law.
If they can take a short cut by copying some EU and some US standards - why not ?
But I bet you the Chinese reserve the right to regulate their own "wet markets" !

Fortunately you‘ve proved your ridiculous bias elsewhere with the claim that “Trump’s Russian connections have proved to be bogus”. The US report did NOT conclude that, but the conclusion that there was nothing to take action on was belied by the evidence set out in the report. Because the whole checks and balance process In the USA has been compromised, no action has been taken (yet).
What does this "drivel" or perhaps "word salad" actually mean ?
More Democratic Party drafted "innuendo" ? Tenuous "links" ?

Russian involvement in contributions to the Tory Party are in the Russian report that BORIS REFUSES TO PUBLISH you absolute plank. Fortunately the part about donations has been leaked.
Russian "involvement". That old chestnut.

(I suppose "plank" can pass ..... ;))

"The part about donations has been leaked"
So that's reliable then !

Why haven't you mentioned the donations to the Conservative Party by Russians like Lubov Chernukhin or Alexander Temerko ?
These were reported to the Electoral Commission.

Then there is the donation of £10,000 to Media darling anti-Brexit leader candidate Rory Stewart from Lev Mikheev.

Are any of these acting as Agents for the Russian State - or in a personal capacity ?
Maybe it's like if Al Gore donated to the Labour Party. Would that be "sinister" ? Evidence of "US involvement in UK politics "?

And while we‘re talking about corruption, how about a SoS overruling the local Council on a planning application to be followed shortly by the developer making a contribution to the Tory Party. Corruption ?
NOW you might be on to something.
That Minister may have some explaining to do !

We must break free and take control of our borders
But we are not in the Schengen area; everyone coming into the UK is controlled, including Brits, but there is no record of who leaves. We have control but don't use it. Recent immigration figures indicate more immigrants from non-EU countries arriving here than from the EU. These immigrants would have passed all the tests (controls) but, unlike the vast majority of EU citizens they will never leave. That's what the UK's new immigration laws will do - much to VG's pleasure no doubt.

They are called key workers now - you need to give them a clap.

I wouldn't knock a field or shop worker. They kept working while many of us stayed at home. Kept the shelves stocked with food.

Good to hear about the well off Indians - kind of proves the point I am making.

I am also glad the kids are going to school. some of the them may become the next generation of doctors, engineers and entrepreneurs that this country needs.

Its called investing in our countries future.
Good, neither would I.

The point is......
1 million field and shop workers need a lot of houses to live in (school places etc)

The higher cost of housing is ignored by those claiming a 'net benefit' from immigration.

There are plenty of immigrants who are not 'merely' law-abiding and tax-paying. Some are positively aspirational and role models.

Last edited:
Good, neither would I.

The point is......
1 million field and shop workers need a lot of houses to live in (school places et )

The

If THEY weren't here who would do all the key workers jobs ? If you are going to reply that that the indigenous group who have never worked, but quite happy to live off the state, are going to step up and fill those jobs then your confidence in them is greater than mine. Those jobs have always been there for the indigenous group to take. They are low paid and hard work though.

If were to randomly select 100 migrants and then determine what their children and their grandchildren went on to achieve (and contribute to the UK) I think it would be interesting.

I wonder how many went on to become : Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, Engineers, Teachers, Entrepreneurs (job creators). We could then compare that to how many went on to become criminals, never worked, etc. etc.

The point I am making is that your origins don't have to define your future. Being disadvantaged will mean you have to work harder to achieve the same opportunities as others who were born here. That hard work ethic is what drives success and innovation though. We need people with that drive and work ethic to take this country forward.

Yes we should control numbers, but remember we need people to do the jobs at the bottom of the ladder as well as the top. A points based system will bring us all the doctors, surgeons and consultants we need. We also need the cleaners and porters to make the hospital work.

immigration figures indicate more immigrants from non-EU countries arriving here than from the EU. These immigrants would have passed all the tests (controls) but, unlike the vast majority of EU citizens they will never leave. That's what the UK's new immigration laws will do - much to VG's pleasure no doubt.

So you are admitting that those that arrive from outside the EU actually do stay and want to make their lives here, investing in the country rather than making money over here, sending most back to the homeland and then going back for good when they feel like it, under their "freedom of movement"?

Isn't it strange that we are not seen as a hostile nation by non-EU citizens to the extent that most want to settle here (and bear in mind we can assess whether they will be an asset first, hence why so many doctors are of asian descent) whereas so many EU citizens wonder why they are seen as transient foreigners, which is what most of them prove to be?

I'm glad you used that poster. Let's look at it.

BREAKING POINT
The EU has failed us

We must break free and take control of our borders.

What is wrong with ANY of this ?
People may think that the EU has not "failed us" ... or that the UK should not "break free" ..... but seriously - what's the problem ?

The photo Implies there are thousands waiting in queues to legally cross over. That's simply not true. Other countries with external borders to non EU states do have that issue. We do not.

Are you seriously telling us that China has given up its right to set its own Standards ?
If they can take a short cut by copying some EU and some US standards - why not ?
But I bet you the Chinese reserve the right to regulate their own "wet markets" !

Why haven't you mentioned the donations to the Conservative Party by Russians like Lubov Chernukhin or Alexander Temerko ?

Then there is the donation of £10,000 to Media darling anti-Brexit leader candidate Rory Stewart from Lev Mikheev.

Are any of these acting as Agents for the Russian State - or in a personal capacity ?
Maybe it's like if Al Gore donated to the Labour Party. Would that be "sinister" ? Evidence of "US involvement in UK politics "?

What about the donations made by Israel to Labour and Tory ministers and jewish newpapers and the Chief Rabbi. Interference in our politics, definitely for me. Other countries interfere in other peoples countries, wow lol.
Empires have been doing this for ever, the current big boys do it all the time, what is the latest, maybe Syria, Venezuela, Iran , Libya, too long a list yawn.

So you are admitting that those that arrive from outside the EU actually do stay and want to make their lives here, investing in the country rather than making money over here, sending most back to the homeland and then going back for good when they feel like it, under their "freedom of movement"?
And those that settle here don't send money back to relatives? Before EU immigrants send or take money home, they spend earnings on food, rent, mortgages, loan interest, council tax, income tax, VAT, clothing and consumables, gasoline/diesel, car tax, car loans/purchases, transport, insurances, cinema, theatre and so on. You write some tripe at times.

FT - you said it’s EU loving implying that it’s not a respected financial publication but an organ for pro EU views. Perhaps it’s just pro business.

Why do Russians contribute to the Tory Party ? What do they expect in return ? You don’t get to have lots of money in Russia these days unless you’re an ally of Putin. Are you incapable of joining up the dots. If its all so innocent why doesn’t the government publish the Russian report ?

You’re clearly a Trump supporter. Nuff said.

FT - you said it’s EU loving implying that it’s not a respected financial publication but an organ for pro EU views. Perhaps it’s just pro business.

Why do Russians contribute to the Tory Party ? What do they expect in return ? You don’t get to have lots of money in Russia these days unless you’re an ally of Putin. Are you incapable of joining up the dots. If its all so innocent why doesn’t the government publish the Russian report ?

You’re clearly a Trump supporter. Nuff said.

Why does Israel contribute to British institutions?
Why do usa groups finance British institutions?