EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 460 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

If you/we don't know, why on earth did you vote Leave? That was from a US commentator; I suggest you cut and paste what I wrote and see what happens if and when Brexit happens.

And, yet again you just post what US demands are being speculated and not what UK demands are going to be made in return. Seems to be a bit of a common one sided pattern in your posts.

The Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd has told the BBC that unemployment "could go up" if the UK leaves the European Union without a deal.
She also said the prime minister and cabinet should remember parliament could not be ignored in a push towards what she said was a "far inferior" no-deal Brexit.

"Could go up"? Mentioned on the same day as record employment figures are announced?

Armageddon is being watered down a bit, isn't it?

They mean that it will not be reopened. (because it's massively in their favour when negotiating a trade agreement)
It's impossible says Juncker.
Well, it's not , is it ?.

To be fair, it might have quite a heavy cover and he might have had a skinful.:yes:

Strange how WK claims May and the UK are the only ones that have "red lines" while the EU can hide behind "rules".

Rules to me are just red lines that have been ratified by those that wish to use them, I suspect when it suits the EU, like in the case of the Japan trade deal, they have agreed to bend or amend at least some of their "rules" to reach agreement.

There is no border at present, so how are we currently stopping immigration from the non EU, like Syrian and Iranians, through Ireland?
Through the fact that you show your passport to travel to and from Northern Ireland. That argument has always been a bit of a red herring but it does make a nonsense of some of the Unionists claims about different treatment.

To be fair, it might have quite a heavy cover and he might have had a skinful.

Strange how WK claims May and the UK are the only ones that have "red lines" while the EU can hide behind "rules".

Rules to me are just red lines that have been ratified by those that wish to use them, I suspect when it suits the EU, like in the case of the Japan trade deal, they have agreed to bend or amend at least some of their "rules" to reach agreement.

Their red lines are about the single market. So you want them to effectively dismantle the single market to meet the needs of a leaving member. Ain’t going to happen.

As both the EU and the UK are members of the WTO, who will they insist puts up a border. Both of them?

Even the most basic legal stuff has to be repeatedly explained to you doesn’t it. Most favoured nation rules means that if we don’t collect tariffs on the border with Eire we can be challenged by every other country that we wish to continue charging tariffs to have the same arrangement. We’ll be mired in legal disputes at the WTO for years.

To be fair, it might have quite a heavy cover and he might have had a skinful.:yes:

Our red lines are completely self inflicted. The EU rules are well their rules. Seems completely obvious to me. You keep making the mistake of talking about the EU as if it were a single nation whereas it is of course 27 separate countries coming together. 27 countries that find the rules suit them very well aren’t going to change them to satisfy the one member that’s leaving. Obvious really.

"Could go up"? Mentioned on the same day as record employment figures are announced?

Armageddon is being watered down a bit, isn't it?
That’ll by the same Amber Rudd that said leaving without a deal “will cause generational damage to the economy”. Let me think. Was she lying then or is she lying now ?

That’ll by the same Amber Rudd that said leaving without a deal “will cause generational damage to the economy”. Let me think. Was she lying then or is she lying now ?

She has simply changed her mind, which is exactly what you keep claiming that folk have a right to.

The Irish border issue is a red herring and it always has been.

If both parties wanted to find a legal way around it, they could do.

It is in the EU's interest to keep the UK as closely aligned as possible, in the forlorn hope that A. Brexit will be abandoned or B. that afterwards , the lobby to re-join is strong.

You have been wrong about pretty much everything so far , except the fall in the value of sterling, which will no doubt recover once the uncertainty is gone.
All of the other 'forecasts' have failed to materialise.

Anyone remember Osborn saying that a vote to leave would cause an immediate recession and 800,000 jobs ?
Well, that worked out well didn't it. ?
Highest employment since records began and a million new jobs since June 2016.
It probably would have been even more under Labour with the investment programme.

You were wrong then, you're wrong now, and no doubt you will be wrong in the future.

The facts is the facts. Inconvenient to your argument, but still true.

New jobs? Do you know what sort of jobs they are? Loads of people in "jobs" but short term/few hours/low pay shite that means they still need income support

Rola cola
And, yet again you just post what US demands are being speculated and not what UK demands are going to be made in return. Seems to be a bit of a common one sided pattern in your posts.
Rola cola are the 5th biggest supplier of coca cola im the world. I can't see them making many demands of Coca Cola or Pepsi. Trump is all about America/Trump first. You are seriously deluded if you think he will give anything in retun barring the scraps

She has simply changed her mind, which is exactly what you keep claiming that folk have a right to.

The Irish border issue is a red herring and it always has been.

If both parties wanted to find a legal way around it, they could do.

It is in the EU's interest to keep the UK as closely aligned as possible, in the forlorn hope that A. Brexit will be abandoned or B. that afterwards , the lobby to re-join is strong.

You have been wrong about pretty much everything so far , except the fall in the value of sterling, which will no doubt recover once the uncertainty is gone.
All of the other 'forecasts' have failed to materialise.

Anyone remember Osborn saying that a vote to leave would cause an immediate recession and 800,000 jobs ?
Well, that worked out well didn't it. ?
Highest employment since records began and a million new jobs since June 2016.
It probably would have been even more under Labour with the investment programme.

You were wrong then, you're wrong now, and no doubt you will be wrong in the future.

The facts is the facts. Inconvenient to your argument, but still true.
Facts are facts, and you like to ignore the rise of the far right since 2016. They have become so emboldened now that they are considered a terrorist threat in teh same way as Mulsim extremists and Irish Nationlists. Never mind though, at least we won't be in the EU. Imgine how much more emboldenwd theybwill be if there is a no deal? On top of that Jihnson will be seen as a national hero, and we will be stuck with the Tories for at least another 4 years, but, never mind, at least we'll be out of the EU. Brexit at any cost, eh?

Facts are facts, and you like to ignore the rise of the far right since 2016. They have become so emboldened now that they are considered a terrorist threat in teh same way as Mulsim extremists and Irish Nationlists. Never mind though, at least we won't be in the EU. Imgine how much more emboldenwd theybwill be if there is a no deal? On top of that Jihnson will be seen as a national hero, and we will be stuck with the Tories for at least another 4 years, but, never mind, at least we'll be out of the EU. Brexit at any cost, eh?

Like most anti democrats, you are conflating different issues.

The far right have been on the march in Europe for years before Brexit was even spoken about.
There has also been an enboldenment in the UK in recent years, but to put that down to Brexit is ridiculous.
Is Corbyn far right ?

Like most on this forum, you seem to be under the impression that leaving the EU is a Tory plan.
It is not.
Millions and millions of regular Labour voters also voted to leave.

If Johnson wins the next election, then that is democracy in action.
I've never voted Tory in my entire life and never will, but if that's the result, I have to live with it, as do you.

Democracy can only work with the consent of the losing side.
Unfortunately, that appears to be a thing of the past.
Don't like the result ?
Campaign to overturn it before it's enacted !

Anyone or any party that legitimately campaign for re-joining the EU after we have left will have my total respect and if they can will an election on that mandate, then good luck to them.

That is democracy in action, which until now, was considered normal.

There is no border at present, so how are we currently stopping immigration from the non EU, like Syrian and Iranians, through Ireland?

Do you want us to control our borders or not? Make you fucking mind up

He doesn’t have a mind of his own and doesn’t do logical thinking.

One minute complaining that there are too many foreigners clogging our roads and hospitals. The next minute suggesting that there is no need to control borders to stop EU citizens from coming in.

GBN is a prime example as to why people should not have been trusted with a referendum vote. Leave it to the experts.