EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 269 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Will be interesting to see Q1 growth figures. I think we might see a big drop in growth.

Many financial services companies have already made preparations for Brexit. Since 1 Jan 2019, pretty much all EEA risks have been underwritten in Lloyd’s Brussels and reinsured back to legal entities in Dublin. Much of this hasn’t been reported in the press. In addition, we’ve already seen billions of pounds of capital moved outside of the UK as a direct consequence of Brexit.

Let see the Q1 figures.

Well - growth for Dec was slowest since 2012 - partly because of Brexit.

I’m expecting Q1 to be worse!

Tarian, the Norway Sweden border is hardly a workable example as there is regulatory alignment between Norway and Sweden. Why do persist in ignoring obvious and verifiable facts ?

"Facts" are the Leavers friend. By contrast, Remainers lead with doom-laden crystal-ball gazing.

How much "regulatory alignment" do you think exists ?
Norway has adopted approx 6,200 of the Single Markets 22,000 laws - or about 28%.
In simple terms, Norway has adopted over 95% of the cross-border trade laws - but not the interfering internal laws.

Why can't you accept that over a decade ago, two friendly neighbours agreed border arrangements - which included pre-registration of shipments (now on-line) many unmanned borders and close-co-operation between Customs Officials?

Lastly, if "regulatory alignment" was complete - why is smuggling an issue ?

..... Article 24 has never been intended to allow tariffs to be set aside why you try to sort out a trade deal. It was intended to be a very temporary measure that would enable an already agree trade deal to be implemented before full sign off.

Art.24, does not mention "setting aside" tariffs - but it clearly says
"duties and other regulations of commerce ...... shall not be higher or more restrictive".
So with tariffs currently Zero - they wouldn't be "higher"?

So with para (b) saying Art 24 is for:
"the adoption of an interim agreement necessary for the formation of ........ a free-trade area;" ....
How is that not "while you try to sort out a trade deal"?

Art.24 describes "interim period" (not "temporary") as follows:
(c) any interim agreement .......shall include a plan and schedule for the formation of ..... such a free-trade area within a reasonable length of time."

3. The “reasonable length of time” referred to in paragraph 5(c) of Article XXIV should exceed 10 years only in exceptional cases."

On immigration, study after study has shown that immigrants come to work.

"come to work" is a strawman.
The vast majority of Leaver accept that EU migrants are "hard working".
So the "6 months rule" is rarely relevant.

The problem is that millions have to live somewhere - and use public services and transport.

"Study after study" focuses on migrants' tax paid versus welfare benefits received.
It would be unremarkable if (say) 250,000 million well paid EU bankers, lawyers etc paid more tax than the benefits received by the poorest 1 million.
(We know that the top 1% of UK earners pay over 28% of income tax)

But please name a study that included the higher cost of housing - affecting the lowest paid the most - anything from £1,000 to £5,000 p.a. (depending on area).
Thank you.

Last edited:

That article is just another list of "worst case scenarios" being treated by pessimistic Remainers as near "certainties".

And some don't even stand up to scrutiny e.g.
Guardian:>
" under the worst case no-deal scenario, GDP would be 10.7% lower than if the UK stays in the EU, in 15 years "
A) Immigration should normally increase GDP (but not GDP per head) - so if EU migration reduces, then it follows that GDP should grow less fast.
B) "over 15 years"
C) Is this the "worst case scenario" where the UK agrees no Free Trade Deals - so trade volumes reduce?

.... and a series of deceptions/deflections about WTO and the apparently impossible rollover of existing Trade Agreements.

I would not rule out the possibility of people in offices being stumped by new or mis-information about on-line pre-registration ....
..... but the idea that Dover officials "must" delay thousands of lorries is fanciful.

Well - growth for Dec was slowest since 2012 - partly because of Brexit.

I’m expecting Q1 to be worse!

Worldwide, growth is expected to slow - mainly in China.....
Italy is already in recession - and France, Germany on the brink.....

... but that won't stop whinging Remainers claiming Brexit as the primary cause.

(Apparently the USA is predicted to retain solid growth - "despite Trump".)

... but that won't stop whinging Remainers claiming Brexit as the primary cause.

Brexit hasn't happened so it can't be blamed but it's certainly led to uncertainty especially among investors - Nissan for example. The worldwide lowdown in growth could well lead to protectionism and trade wars, which augurs well for little Great Britain going it alone. As for the USA, Trump will only oblige if it suits him and will certainly put America first and continue to reduce imports.

Italy is in recession what a surprise. Successive lame duck governments are to blame - nothing to do with the EU. The current so-called populist lot haven’t instituted any of its mosh mash of policies; so, it’s no wonder the economy is going backwards

Muppet. I specifically said ‘partly caused by Brexit’ to acknowledge that there are other factors at play.

But the drop in investment since Brexit is indisputable. And the relative performance of UK Plc post referendum compared with G7 is indisputable. But don’t let that get in the way of you own agenda.

I can say with 100% confidence that EEA syndicate risks are all moving to a combination of Lloyd’s Brussels and Dublin legal entities. This was a direct response to Brexit and would never have occurred without the referendum. I can say with 100% confidence because that is an area that I am helping insurance companies with. They are unanimously doing the same. Significant impact the UK Plc which we’ll see in the Q1 growth rates.

'By this definition Type 1 grooming gags have been recruiting young girls for prostitution for centuries'

That's not true , these organised crimes committed by (mostly) Islamic gangs commenced in the 1970's.
Shared around amongst brothers , cousins , any male they knew ?
Previous criminal trials , also show us that they are racially/religiously aggravated ,with what was said to the victims , and the torture they suffered.

Are you immune to logic, or just determined to see only muslims. I gave you but one example in our long and inglorious history of female exploitation, in which all the features of so called Type 1 grooming. That is how men have forced wom,en into prostitution through the ages. British muslims did not invent the model.

If you think this behaviour began in the 1970s you are in a bubble of your own delusion. How do you think the prostitutes, who congregated around every barrack area of the British army since its inception were formed and recruited? Perhaps they just thought it was a decent job and the chaps around them were just friends. Do you understand the word pimp. Do you understand how these men recruit and enslave girls, how they groom, befriend then abuse and prostitute them. It's as old as the hills.

Are you immune to logic, or just determined to see only muslims. I gave you but one example in our long and inglorious history of female exploitation, in which all the features of so called Type 1 grooming. That is how men have forced wom,en into prostitution through the ages. British muslims did not invent the model.

If you think this behaviour began in the 1970s you are in a bubble of your own delusion. How do you think the prostitutes, who congregated around every barrack area of the British army since its inception were formed and recruited? Perhaps they just thought it was a decent job and the chaps around them were just friends. Do you understand the word pimp. Do you understand how these men recruit and enslave girls, how they groom, befriend then abuse and prostitute them. It's as old as the hills.
Burying your head won't help you , the victims or anyone else.

There are approximately 250 companies that have, or are looking to, relocate all, or part, of their operations to Holland on the back of a no deal scenario. This has already cost 1500 or so jobs. This has been reported in the press, and confirmed by my employer, who are one of those companies. We are setting up a sister company in the eu, to whom we will sell our goods to at a 40% reduction. The duty will be paid on this lower figure, reducing how much HMRC receives (and we are talking in 7 figures). The aim will be to set up 2 or 3 distribution hubs, reducing storage we currently use in the UK...more loss of revenue for the UK. There will likely be a transfer of production capacity to a new site in Holland, that has already been earmarked for a new facility that, pre 2016, was meant for the UK. More loss of revenue for the UK. Hopefully, although I doubt it, there will be no job losses. Still for anyone that does lose their job, they can rest easy knowing that we have regained our soveriegnty and control of our borders, and all will be well as they wave the union jack and sing "God save the fucking queen" whilst grabbing the largest can of tesco savers soup from the local food bank. Hopefully, all the unicorns and rainbows that will magically appear will ease any suffering. Or maybe, the trade deals that Fox is arranging with Botswana and Mauritania will provide any jobs or loss of revenue

There are approximately 250 companies that have, or are looking to, relocate all, or part, of their operations to Holland on the back of a no deal scenario. This has already cost 1500 or so jobs. This has been reported in the press, and confirmed by my employer, who are one of those companies.

1500 potential job losses (from 250 companies - that adds up to 6 per company?) in a country that has tens of millions in employment and apparently needs so much foreign labour to fill jobs at present that an open door immigration policy is regarded by remoaners as an essential thing?

You'll have to come up with bigger fish than that.

And I suppose being in the EU would stop any of those companies deciding to up sticks, even on a whim? What exactly would prevent them?

I lost my job when my employers decided to send all their back office jobs abroad but, in my case, it was Scotland. I accepted it as the way of the modern world. Plenty of other jobs were available if I had not already been so close to retirement that it was not worth retraining.

It is the height of hilarity that you use terms like unicorns to discredit Brexit and yet are happy to continue to spout crap about mass food bank usage which has the same relation to reality.

Last edited:
Liam Fox is running around the world signing new trade deals, to begin once we leave.
45 days to get the 'peoples vote' organized.
Govt preparing for no deal (y)

Well said Mwhmets but the delu
There are approximately 250 companies that have, or are looking to, relocate all, or part, of their operations to Holland on the back of a no deal scenario. This has already cost 1500 or so jobs. This has been reported in the press, and confirmed by my employer, who are one of those companies. We are setting up a sister company in the eu, to whom we will sell our goods to at a 40% reduction. The duty will be paid on this lower figure, reducing how much HMRC receives (and we are talking in 7 figures). The aim will be to set up 2 or 3 distribution hubs, reducing storage we currently use in the UK...more loss of revenue for the UK. There will likely be a transfer of production capacity to a new site in Holland, that has already been earmarked for a new facility that, pre 2016, was meant for the UK. More loss of revenue for the UK. Hopefully, although I doubt it, there will be no job losses. Still for anyone that does lose their job, they can rest easy knowing that we have regained our soveriegnty and control of our borders, and all will be well as they wave the union jack and sing "God save the fucking queen" whilst grabbing the largest can of tesco savers soup from the local food bank. Hopefully, all the unicorns and rainbows that will magically appear will ease any suffering. Or maybe, the trade deals that Fox is arranging with Botswana and Mauritania will provide any jobs or loss of revenue
Well said Mehmets but the deluded will say you are lying as part of their imagined project fear. Brexit is like a loony religious faith. It doesn't matter what evidence or facts you have. They belieeeeeeve.

You are selfishly thinking of yourself , and not your country.