EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 202 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

That's why it took years to negotiate. You voted Leave on a premise, which is flawed, and now you're talking about armageddon for Japan. Bonkers!

Irony is completely lost on you, isn't it?

The Armageddon comment referred to how you perceive a no deal would be for us because you believe the EU hold all the cards in our negotiations, and yet Japan are supposedly powerful enough enough to get the deal they want from the EU.

I would rather be bonkers than have your double standards.

Never mind all those car workers could get a job fruit picking or in Amazon warehouses or whatever. For someone with supposed left wing sympathies GBN has a very dismissive attitude to other people's jobs. Destroy industry so there enough unemployed to take the unskilled jobs migrants do- brilliant.

And you have a racist attitude to fruit picking and Amazon jobs - good enough for migrants but not for UK citizens, are they?

Give me strength.

And you have a racist attitude to fruit picking and Amazon jobs - good enough for migrants but not for UK citizens, are they?

Give me strength.

I must have missed the racism in Pinhead’s post. Maybe because it doesn’t exist?!?

The reasonable point being made was one of structural unemployment. It’s not economically productive for a skilled car assembly manager to take a job at Costa.

Give me strength.

And you're twisting things round to avoid answering the point. So you think it is a reasonable consequence of Brexit for people to swop skilled jobs for unskilled ones? It's been said by many others that working people did not vote for Brexit to make themselves worse off but you seem to think that's absolutely fine to achieve your ideological obsession, basically aligning yourself with right-wing Tories who have the same casual disregard for people's basic living standards.

Jesus, skilled well paid jobs leaving the UK is ok because those formerly skilled well paid employees can now take on poorer paying jobs - what a result!

Look how well that did in the towns when the dockyard shut ffs.

As for the Japan deal, their trade with the EU will be a hugely smaller proportion of their total trade compared to ours, which basically means it matters less to them, which means they have less skin in the game and if they don't get a deal, they just carry on as is.

The UK however because our economy as part of the EU has become so interconnected with the EU over the past 50 years has much more skin in the game. If we don't get a deal, then we're basically fucked.

I've yet to hear any arguments from a Brexiter as to why/how/when we'll be better off that's based in evidence or on research from reliable sources.

Arguing with a Brexit is like a climate denier ffs.

I must have missed the racism in Pinhead’s post. Maybe because it doesn’t exist?!?.

All explained and contained in one sentence so perhaps you have a very limited attention span.

It is just so hugely ironic for the Remainers to accuse Brexiters of being racist and Gammons when the last two pages of this thread have been them venting and saying how UK workers can not be expected to retrain or become multi skilled, when migrants can do the low paid back breaking jobs instead.

If you seriously think that any job is for life you have missed a train that left years ago.

Last edited:
Jesus, skilled well paid jobs leaving the UK is ok because those formerly skilled well paid employees can now take on poorer paying jobs - what a result!
Look how well that did in the towns when the dockyard shut ffs.

Were we not in the EU when the dockyard shut? No, must be wrong, nobody is made redundant and has needed to retrain since we have been in the mighty EU, of course.

The UK however because our economy as part of the EU has become so interconnected with the EU over the past 50 years has much more skin in the game. If we don't get a deal, then we're basically fucked.

Following your logic the EU is fucked as well, then. Not sure about your obsession with skin, though.o_O

The' left-leaning' CBI warns that a No-deal [VG's favourite] could well lead an 8% shrinkage of the UK's GDP and the knock-on effect of that along with reduced tax revenues could be catastrophic. I guess GBN would prefer the words of Brexiteers who think jumping to WTO terms will be falling off a log/cliff.

May's deal is shite and is not the only deal; it's the only deal if we're bound by her ridiculous red lines. Postpone Article 50 and negotiate a proper deal.

I've yet to hear any arguments from a Brexiter as to why/how/when we'll be better off that's based in evidence or on research from reliable sources.

You will not because Brexiters are honest. Unless you are a time traveller or have a reliable crystal ball, there can be no evidence or reliable research, just predictions which so far have been mainly based on either a worst case scenario or the short term position.

Last edited:
You will not because Brexiters are honest.
No-one doubts they are honest but the argument is simple; stay in the EU and we more or less know where we're going. Leave and it's a leap in the dark and if anyone says we'll take advantage of new opportunities. Oh hang on - yes they're lying.........

May's deal is shite and is not the only deal; it's the only deal if we're bound by her ridiculous red lines. Postpone Article 50 and negotiate a proper deal.

In hindsight, what would have made sense would have been to start negotiating a purely free Trade deal with the EU, beneficial to both sides, as soon as the referendum result was known, side by side with untangling ourselves from the membership rules, etc.

That is all we need, nothing else, and if it does take years as WK insists, we would be two and a half years down the line rather than still talking about it as the next stage now. But of course that wouldn't be "procedure" would it?

All this postponing is just kicking the can down the road and creating the short term difficulties we and the EU will face.

No-one doubts they are honest but the argument is simple; stay in the EU and we more or less know where we're going.

A prisoner knows when he is 20 years in to his sentence but very few volunteer for an extra few years once they have pleaded their case to the parole board and have the opportunity to leave.