EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 154 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

1. It appeals to me to not have to send a net £250 million every week in to an organisation from which we import far more than we export resulting in a huge trade deficit.
The cost of administering customs declarations, employing loads for customs officers, the financial cost of shelling out on tariffs up front, probable further devaluation of sterling, marginal loss of EU business due to imposition of tariffs etc etc will make the £250,000 look like small change
. It appeals to me not to have our overcrowded roads, overstretched public services and overcrowded hospitals made far worse by a policy that the government has absolutely no control over.
Only sheep on the roads in Yorkshire; I got my knee replacement op done in under 3 months at Kendall from date first x-ray and what are these policies we have no control over that relate to roads, public services and hospitals? Actually be specific for a change rather than quote the Little Englander book of glib and unfounded remarks.
Unskilled Poles, Romanians, Bulgarians, etc, probably still can not believe their luck.
May be not but, with virtually full employment in the UK, they can't be accused of taking our jobs.

EU net migration has indeed been falling hence the loss of much needed doctors and nurses. That doesn’t alter the fact that a government who claimed that they had a target of reducing net migration to ‘tens of thousands’ did nothing to cut net migration from non EU countries when they had complete power to do so. At the same time they sympathised with people that claimed migration was putting excessive pressure on services. There’s a word for that. It’s called hypocracy.

EU net migration has indeed been falling hence the loss of much needed doctors and nurses. That doesn’t alter the fact that a government who claimed that they had a target of reducing net migration to ‘tens of thousands’ did nothing to cut net migration from non EU countries when they had complete power to do so. At the same time they sympathised with people that claimed migration was putting excessive pressure on services. There’s a word for that. It’s called hypocracy.

Maybe the problem is more down to successive government not training enough people. Why are we not already training people in large numbers to cover the numbers required, its a self fulfilling event.

Maybe the problem is more down to successive government not training enough people. Why are we not already training people in large numbers to cover the numbers required, its a self fulfilling event.
You'll have to ask the Govt to answer that problem but one aspect of our workforce that Brexiteers and especially Little Englanders seem to forget is that we have an ageing population and, as a consequence, fewer going into higher education. Would it were not so, the influx of those from the EU would have meant high UK unemployment, which is not the case; it's the opposite in fact. Based on this, GBN's view of a UK utopia without unskilled Poles and Bulgarians etc is but a pipe dream but now, much to VG's delight, the unskilled may have to come from further afield as all immigrants are put on equal footing. That said, the Govt is going to have to relax rules as regards the NHS; it has more or less said so and the same will apply to farming and the hospitality industries. GBN's dislike of the EU, as we've now found out, has nothing to do with economics etc but is a typical Little Englander view of the world often found in older working class folk.

Unlike Wayne who chooses to cover his eyes and ears when I have told him time and time again. Let's try it again slowly. No........control.......over....... excessive........EU.....immigration...........in........an........already......overcrowded........ island.

This is over a year old but it explains (yet again) why we already have control of our borders within the EU. We just choose not to enforce some of it.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....-back-control-immigration-eu-directive-brexit

May be not but, with virtually full employment in the UK, they can't be accused of taking our jobs.

But I thought that there was a big hooha the other day about Honda possibly moving out of Britain, Why exactly would that be a bad thing? All profits go to Japan, don't they?

So, Einstein, why were Project Fear worried about that? I can only think it was about jobs but, as you say, we have full employment which makes us desperate for EU workers.

Another scare story debunked.

And Gisela Stuart, like many Labour MPs, and many Germans for that matter, is a fucking idiot.

Well done AB. Took seven minutes from my post to post your response in exactly the form I predicted.

And WK says that I have no respect for people that have a different view to me.:rofl:

Not even mentioning us being accused of racism when you have just made the above generalisation and other remainers respond in horror to the suggestion that their kids may end up having to do debatably menial jobs that they are quite happy for EU immigrants to do.

Last edited:
But I thought that there was a big hooha the other day about Honda possibly moving out of Britain, Why exactly would that be a bad thing? All profits go to Japan, don't they?
Net profits may go to Japan but taxable earnings of employees are subject to PAYE and NI; Honda sales in the UK are subject to UK VAT and Honda profits are subject to UK corporation tax; plus, there are many suppliers and service providers who get income/wages from business from Honda, which would be subject also to tax, VAT and NI. So, yes it would be a very bad thing and, if you can't understand that, then you should not have voted in the referendum. It's not about protecting your Little Englander ideas but ensuring the country has a livelihood.

So, Einstein, why were Project Fear worried about that? I can only think it was about jobs but, as you say, we have full employment which makes us desperate for EU workers.

Another scare story debunked.

Profit is quite usually a smaller figure than wages and salaries. The loss to the exchequer of 100's of 1000's of jobs would be very great indeed .

Unless I am reading that wrong, it says that it does not apply if the immigrant has found a job within 3 months, so I guess all that apparent over staffing in car washes wouldn't have a bearing on that?
Those you refer to amount to about 25 people and a dog; you really are showing your true and vile prejudices, which the referendum allowed you to express regardless of the consequences to the economy and your kids' futures.

Net profits may go to Japan but taxable earnings of employees are subject to PAYE and NI; Honda sales in the UK are subject to UK VAT and Honda profits are subject to UK corporation tax; plus, there are many suppliers and service providers who get income/wages from business from Honda, which would be subject also to tax, VAT and NI. So, yes it would be a very bad thing and, if you can't understand that, then you should not have voted in the referendum. It's not about protecting your Little Englander ideas but ensuring the country has a livelihood.

I would like to see how much Corporation tax they pay. I suspect on lines of Amazon and Starbucks.

Honda will still have dealerships in the UK whether they make their cars here or not, and VAT will still be added.

Taxable earnings apply to every employee in the country, whoever they work for and, as you have pointed out, we do not have enough people to fill our posts anyway so need immigrants who will send a lot of their disposable income back to their families rather than spend it here and stimulate our economy.

Just heard Theresa May on Radio 4 .Now a week ago approximately I said I would back her deal.Frankly having heard her this morning and over the last few days I can honestly see why many have had it with her .She simply repeats herself over and over no sign that she listens or even try's to.

Those you refer to amount to about 25 people and a dog; you really are showing your true and vile prejudices, which the referendum allowed you to express regardless of the consequences to the economy and your kids' futures.

As I have just pointed out, it is your own true and vile prejudices that leak out when you infer that we need immigrants to do the jobs that you regard not worthy enough for your offspring.

Also, you prove how out of touch you are. I know of at least three car washes within a 20 miles radius of me that must have a combined staff of at least 50. I was not criticising them as they are undoubtedly exploited. Just using it was an example of a way of qualifying to stay within their first 3 months of residence before possibly going on to other things.

Chris - the woman is VERY economical with the truth and may be a robot (or is it a Maybot?)

Even Thatcher listened to people more than May. I hope her political career comes quickly to an end.

FTSE falling heavily - May has said she won't rule out postponing Tuesday's vote. If she does that because she would otherwise lose, that is contemptible.

I would like to see how much Corporation tax they pay. I suspect on lines of Amazon and Starbucks.
On what basis other than ignorance do you make that statement? I've just looked at the accounts of various Honda cos operating in the UK and they do pay taxes.
Honda will still have dealerships in the UK whether they make their cars here or not, and VAT will still be added.
But you forget the earnings of employees and suppliers/service providers and their employees that will all be paying tax and NI etc.
Taxable earnings apply to every employee in the country, whoever they work for and, as you have pointed out, we do not have enough people to fill our posts anyway so need immigrants who will send a lot of their disposable income back to their families rather than spend it here and stimulate our economy.
So what? They will still have to pay for rent/mortgages, food, utilities, travel, insurances etc etc etc etc. There are plenty here who save rather than spend but they're English so it's alright.

A Little Englander definition - nationalists or English people who are perceived as xenophobic or overly nationalistic and are accused of being "ignorant" and "boorish". It is sometimes applied to opponents of globalism, multilateralism and internationalism, such as those who are against UK membership with the European Union. That's you that is

"A Little Englander definition - nationalists or English people who are perceived as xenophobic or overly nationalistic and are accused of being "ignorant" and "boorish". It is sometimes applied to opponents of globalism, multilateralism and internationalism, such as those who are against UK membership with the European Union."

That's me.
And that's you doing the accusation.

You do realise that you are a bigot, don't you?