EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 80 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

'At present let's be honest we are as a country in possibly the biggest mess politically for many generation's.'

You could be referring to most countries in the western world.

Project 'We won't accept democracy' is stepped up. Corbyn still not comfortable with reversing the 2016 vote , but hey ho , Labour are in a mess anyway so what does it matter ?

Maybe he is aware that 5 million labour voters , voted Brexit !

And latest polling shows that the biggest change of mind amongst those that voted for Brexit is...? you've guessed it, Labour voters.

There should not be a second referendum to vote for Leave or Remain but there should be a second referendum to vote to accept/decline the terms of the arrangements made with the EU. Plus, this time there should be a 60% majority either way for it to fly then no-one can argue as Farridge was prepared to do previously if he didn't get his way.

There should not be a second referendum to vote for Leave or Remain but there should be a second referendum to vote to accept/decline the terms of the arrangements made with the EU. Plus, this time there should be a 60% majority either way for it to fly then no-one can argue as Farridge was prepared to do previously if he didn't get his way.
Sorry, I disagree. The last referendum proves people are idiots, and we should let the politicians get on with it. They can then be held to account at the next GE

Sorry, I disagree. The last referendum proves people are idiots, and we should let the politicians get on with it. They can then be held to account at the next GE

But idiots voted in the last GE, and that's why we are in the mess we are now. You'd have thought they would have got it right after doing the same the election before!

But idiots voted in the last GE, and that's why we are in the mess we are now. You'd have thought they would have got it right after doing the same the election before!
I suggested it because any deal will be dismissed by a lot of Leavers - mainly because they'll be confused - and Remainers will reject it anyway.

I've no idea !

I'll bite.

(1) You get the right to live, work or retire in any EU country. You have benefited from that Valencia more than most.

(2) Freedom of movement. Last year I drove through 5 EU countries on a little road trip. I didn't need a visa for any and I only showed my passport once (at Dover) so no immigration queues (other than Dover and Calais on the way back).

(3) Consumer Protection - I no longer get ripped off for checking the Gills score on my mobile while roaming through the EU - EU law that it is.

(4) Working time directive -- My company can't force me to work excessive hours due to the European working time directive. NB. I need to remind myself of this.

The EU is not perfect, it has many flaws and it never will be perfect but lets keep this balanced and not pretend that there are no benefit to membership.

If I end up queuing even longer at passport control in our "UK special line" (the one with only one desk open) and get stung for data roaming when checking the Gills score I won't be happy.