EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 79 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

You say little old 'England' as if it's some foreign country.
It's where you live mate.
I get the point that you were part of the white flight to leave the South East, but don't make out like your country is some quiet little third world back water.
What a strange person you are !
No flight where I am concerned; I've lived in different parts of the world and so another part of Britain is just another place for me.

As you said, there was no "deal" on the ballot paper.
Over 17 million people voted to Leave.

Very, very few people assume that when they go into a shop - they must buy something ?
So why do hard-line Remainers assume that many Leave voters "must" have voted only on condition of a "deal"?

A deal is desirable.
A deal on cross-border trade should be do-able that keeps the UK out of EU laws and ECJ jurisdication (and allows the UK to manage its own immigration policy)
Co-operation is generally desirable.

Business will still tradee with other businesses.
People will still travel.

Tarian PLEASE stop misrepresenting the Brexit process! Article 50.2: "...the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union".

The negotiation of a 'deal' ("future relationship with the Union") is an INTRINSIC LEGAL REQUIREMENT of the withdrawal process whether you like it or not! If you voted Brexit, you voted for it. But the EU are in fact being disingenuous by seeking to dictate terms rather than follow their own protocol of negotiating.

50.3 allows for an extension of the two year withdrawal deadline. This is probably going to be essential while the UK realigns itself through either an election, a referendum or both, because a bad deal which is all we are going to get from the EU, who are scared stiff anything else will give a green light to other states to renegotiate and break up their club, won't get through parliament (thankfully).

A bad deal won't get through parliament but parliament won't accept a no deal Brexit either, because at last people are realising that "no deal is better than a bad deal" was always a misleading replacement for "no Brexit is better than a bad Brexit", which they are finally waking up to see!

Tarian PLEASE stop misrepresenting the Brexit process! Article 50.2: "...the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union".

The negotiation of a 'deal' ("future relationship with the Union") is an INTRINSIC LEGAL REQUIREMENT of the withdrawal process whether you like it or not! If you voted Brexit, you voted for it. But the EU are in fact being disingenuous by seeking to dictate terms rather than follow their own protocol of negotiating.

50.3 allows for an extension of the two year withdrawal deadline. This is probably going to be essential while the UK realigns itself through either an election, a referendum or both, because a bad deal which is all we are going to get from the EU, who are scared stiff anything else will give a green light to other states to renegotiate and break up their club, won't get through parliament (thankfully).

A bad deal won't get through parliament but parliament won't accept a no deal Brexit either, because at last people are realising that "no deal is better than a bad deal" was always a misleading replacement for "no Brexit is better than a bad Brexit", which they are finally waking up to see!

First it was misrepresentation about bendy bananas.

Then he implies that Switzerland is not in the single market.

Now this.

Nitram77 because that’s the self confessed intention of those promoting a hard Brexit. What more evidence do you want for Christ’s sake !

Interesting article in yesterday's Times:

'Brexiteers blame everyone but themselves'

It goes on:

• They blame Cameron for failing to prepare Whitehall adequately for a Leave result
  • They blame Mrs May for not being able to square impossible circles pleasing the EU and all wings of the Tory Party
  • They blame Project Fear
  • They blame concerned businesses and "elites" for lacking patriotism
  • They blame Remainers for, as UKIP's Suzanne Evans had it, "conspiring to make [Brexit] as difficult and costly, as possible, all just to prove their selfish point"
  • Above all, they blame the EU for having the temerity to act in its own interests
"....... over the coming months we can expect the hard Brexit mob will increasingly and desperately try to hang this fast-unfolding failure on to European "belligerence", for in turning the spotlight on the EU, they hope to turn the spotlight of blame away from themselves."

The way it's going, Brexit is a fuck up of enormous proportions; I was going to say badly planned but more like unplanned [my words].

Last edited:
No it isn't! It's called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is the union of Britain and Scotland?

Can you tell me where the United part is, as I have seen very little evidence of it the past couple of years? lol

I assume Brexiteers realise that rather than reclaiming fishing rights they will lose half of them to Scotland when Brexit forces their secession from the British union?

What evidence is there to show standards will fall, or is this just another project fear.

No one can have any evidence that they will fall as we haven't left yet. You would hope that we would maintain high and safe standards but who provides the oversight to ensure that we maintain high and safe standards. I like the idea of EN(European Standard) 71 which covers Toy safety. Lets hope that the government ensures that all the stuff we will import from our trade deals with China, India etc. will be built and tested to the same level.

At the moment they have its European law. Lets hope we keep that high standards.

I also like no roaming charges in Europe. Lets hope the UK government enshrines that in UK law as well.

Lets also hope our exporters can still be competitive if they have to re-certify everything to European Standards before exporting to the EU.

Hopefully all of these pesky EU laws and standards will be enshrined in UK law.

Mo
I assume Brexiteers realise that rather than reclaiming fishing rights they will lose half of them to Scotland when Brexit forces their secession from the British union?
More importantly, the big 4 or 5 Fishing Industries will grab all the lucrative areas, leaving the harder to fish areas to the local fisheries/fisherman (unless we charge foreign vessels to fish in British waters, and maintain the Status Quo), and I pity the Falkland Islanders should Spain turn their back on the Islands fishing industry. What price us having to do a deal with Argentina to ensure the livelihood of the Falklanders? I guess we will just have to wait and see

You say little old 'England' as if it's some foreign country.
It's where you live mate.
I get the point that you were part of the white flight to leave the South East, but don't make out like your country is some quiet little third world back water.
What a strange person you are !
Not yet, it isn't?

In the same way most Brexiters do not see Northern Ireland as a problem .But the fact is it is and will remain so.The people have voted for and will almost certainly get Brexit however it is very unlikely to be of the majorities liking at all.Those of us against the idea will have to live with the result just the same.At present let's be honest we are as a country in possibly the biggest mess politically for many generation's .Both main parties are deeply divided more so the current government .They hate each other and Europe in many cases .Trump is not going to help British business that is for sure .We are in a almost impossible position going forward regardless of how the next few weeks work out .