EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 78 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

TM has already said that those EU migrants that are here will be able to stay here, whatever form we leave under. There is also going to be a license for EU migrants to be able to work on farms in the future.

2,000 a year not even enough for apple picking in one county. If there is not some serious compromise on this issue then we will be bringing in people from further afield with little or no affinity with the UK, or Europe in general.

TM has already said that those EU migrants that are here will be able to stay here, whatever form we leave under. There is also going to be a license for EU migrants to be able to work on farms in the future.

If Sterling drops too much in value then it won't be worth them coming over as migrant labour anyway.

Either the Brits will need to take on the jobs or wages will need to shoot up to make it worthwhile and that cost passed onto the consumers.

If Sterling drops too much in value then it won't be worth them coming over as migrant labour anyway.

Either the Brits will need to take on the jobs or wages will need to shoot up to make it worthwhile and that cost passed onto the consumers.

If I had a pair of tits, I'd be a woman...

Interesting releases on aviation today in the event of a no deal Brexit.

Think I might read it a few more times before commenting but lets just say initial thoughts are they need to strike a deal on that topic

The EU are about to collapse and will give us a fantastic deal which is better than what we have already.

Plus, Trump is about to give us a great deal and Africa is smitten with Mrs May after her compelling dance routine. Boomtime here we come.

(I've just got back from the pub after a skinfull)

With 186 days to go , you'd be wise to get organising the opposition.

Your 'peoples vote' and general election need planning !

The title of this thread is somewhat wrong anyway .The Tories have no checkers agreement. They can't agree about anything to do with Europe. So we have a government who can't get a agreement with themselves let alone anyone else.Labour are laughing at present even that shower seem a better option at present to reach a deal.At least they would not be tied to the DUP so they have a better chance of sorting the Irish question.The government have a few weeks now and basically they have not done anything in two years.Whatever happens in Brussels the Tories will not agree anyway.
Time for a general election I think or another Referendum.

Some good stuff with 2 Blokes and Vera Hobhouse a LibDem MP showing how lacking in Knowledge re Brexit, are our leaders.

Is any comment from a LibDem relevant these days?

They tried suicide by getting in to bed with the Tories, That took them down to a handful of electoral seats which they are now trying to lose by defying the result of a democratic vote. Extinction finally awaits.

They are just an irritating ever diminishing whisper with an out of touch ancient fossil in charge that always thinks it knows best.

Last edited:
To be fair, I thought I would watch a bit (no way I would watch 80 minutes though) but that beardy guy lost all credibility at the start. Looks about 30 years old maximum but claims to have visited every country in the world without flying !

If that is true who exactly paid for that? He would not have had much time to earn any money and if he claims that his employer sent him to all these places, there are not many that would accept him taking days to get to his destinations on other continents, so he must have a lot of family money behind him. Hardly the view of the average man on the street (he also would not have had much time to spend chewing the fat in pubs, which is the cosy image this video is trying to portray). A bit of smoke and mirrors going on here, methinks.

Also I note that when he was talking about hedgerows he mentioned that there will be no EU rules to STOP us doing something. I don't know whether he realised that with that phrase he summed up one of the main reasons for leaving. He also seemed oblivious to the fact that we would be transferring all EU laws to our own statute book and then deciding which laws and rules to jettison. Why is he assuming that we would not see that particular rule as a good thing and keep it?

Last edited:
Gillsbluenose, the danger is that the pressure after we leave will be to reduce standards. If you listen to any of the ‘think tanks’ (I use the term loosely) who advise the Tory ERG group, you will find that they’re all in favour of chucking standards onto a bonfire. You may revel in your new found freedoms but expect standards to go down the plug hole left, right and centre.

Is any comment from a LibDem relevant these days?

They tried suicide by getting in to bed with the Tories, That took them down to a handful of electoral seats which they are now trying to lose by defying the result of a democratic vote. Extinction finally awaits.

They are just an irritating ever diminishing whisper with an out of touch ancient fossil in charge that always thinks it knows best.
Lib Dems are only wrong to fight Brexit if it turns out to be a brilliant idea.If however it is a silly idea then fighting Brexit and telling people that points to a person who is not willing to follow like lost sheep. Who may have more know how than most in government at present(not difficult.)Tory government without the Lib Dems have seen a turn for the worse even with arguably a better leader .Both being terrible in all honesty. As for Corbyn he is still hedging his bets in all honesty I can see why .But it shows no real leadership that the country really needs .Instead committing to renationalisation of a fraction of Tory privatisations.

As much as many would like to drop certain standards, the world will want to see CE marks etc on goods as the EU leads the way and little old 'England' will have to follow suit.

As much as many would like to drop certain standards, the world will want to see CE marks etc on goods as the EU leads the way and little old 'England' will have to follow suit.

You say little old 'England' as if it's some foreign country.
It's where you live mate.
I get the point that you were part of the white flight to leave the South East, but don't make out like your country is some quiet little third world back water.
What a strange person you are !