EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 77 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Jerryattrick, but you’re ignoring the Tory trick. You cut funding by £1 billion for something. Then a couple of years later you announce that you’re going to spend £100 million on that area. The initiated think “there, it’s all ok, those nasty liberal people at the BBC aren’t reporting all this wonderful extra spending “. And so they continue to get away with it. It’s not cuts per se that I object to. It’s the fundamental dishonesty and shortsightedness which gets me.

Extra taxation for those who take further education has to be better than the current system.Fixing the current crisis in further educational institutions has to be a priority post Brexit .But the problem is it joins a long list of other needs.
If it were for all who had benefited from a free further education and had never paid a penny .A smaller tax would be manageable for all. Do away with encouraging young people to run up massive debts before they have ever done a full time job.

Last edited:
As has been said the student loan system black hole will come back to bite us in the coming years.A future generations will have to pay for the current educational mess.

Trev : ' The Lib Dems will win more votes to increase their relevancy from UKIP tin-pot level to Green Party level '

Interesting that you refer to UKIP as tin pot.
Did you think the same in 2016 ?

The more this drags on , the more selfish fantasies of a 2nd referendum , will feed UKIP. People have had enough of others trying to reverse a democratic vote.

Let's wait and see if you still consider them tin pot next year. Europe and the West are turning to Populist parties , and you will see how much they win in the EU elections in May next year.

My point had nothing to do with student loans!

The point is that the lack of all types of training of british people by successive governments leads to the issue of ‘lack of trained workers’ and instead of providing training they took the short term view of bringing in immigrants. Still no training.

It would follow that if we know we are leaving the EU and that will lead to shortages then part of the leave planning would be to create or increase training levels. Nothing is happening on this though so its a self fulfilling prophesy. It means we would still need immigration as we have the same issue. I dont hear anything from either side on this.

So Labour (or rather Marxist Momentum) have their Brexit plan sorted. They will bide their time while Theresa May is savaged and scapegoated as the reason the Dis-United Kingdom can't even negotiate a half decent deal with the EU. Suddenly comrade Jeremy becomes the lesser of all evils and finds himself voted into power.
Pepare for Premier league relegation to non league with no parachute payments within 5 years.

Why will those 'foreigners' working in the NHS etc be FORCED out of the country?
Another scare story made up by people trying to suggest the worst scenario. It might have convinced some workers from abroad, but it hasn't convinced me, because for one thing, negotiations are ongoing. and nothing is black and white.
I have the same attitude with those who complain that TM won't say what it is that she wants to achieve from the negotiations.

Why will those 'foreigners' working in the NHS etc be FORCED out of the country?
Another scare story made up by people trying to suggest the worst scenario. It might have convinced some workers from abroad, but it hasn't convinced me, because for one thing, negotiations are ongoing. and nothing is black and white.
I have the same attitude with those who complain that TM won't say what it is that she wants to achieve from the negotiations.
Economic migrants, such as the vast majority of EU citizens working in the UK, come/came here because of [1] the job opportunities and [2] the sort of money they could earn compared with wages in their home countries. At the lower end of the scale, that's why you'd see qualified people working as labourers and the equivalent. People are leaving even though it is most likely they will have a right to stay because of uncertainty and in extreme cases xenophobia but also because the pound has fallen and in countries like Poland business is good. Of course nothing is as yet black and white but rumour and uncertainty is enough for some. If nothing is sorted, the real losers will be the NHS, farmers and the hospitality business. Indeed, farmers are already requesting dispensation to bring in labour from the EU post Brexit, which gives lie to the Brexiteers view that foreigners are taking 'our' jobs.

Hardy, I agree. There is no guarantee that foreign workers will be forced out. And I agree that it has probably been exaggerated by the remain side. But there are several push factors:

- the uncertainty that has been created by Brexit for immigrants means that they are unlikely to make long term plans to remain and indeed would be more likely to return to their country of origin. In your own words: “negotiations are ongoing”.

- the increase in nationalist attitudes by a small (but vocal) minority has made some immigrants feel intimidated. Appreciate that it is only anecdotal, but I have Polish friends who feel intimidated and are on the cusp of going back to Poland because they don’t feel welcome in the UK.

- the plummeting exchange rate means that the £ buys less foreign currency. For the immigrants who intend, one day, to return to their country of origin, they are effectively earning less in their ‘native’ currency.

Hardy, I agree. There is no guarantee that foreign workers will be forced out. And I agree that it has probably been exaggerated by the remain side. But there are several push factors:

- the uncertainty that has been created by Brexit for immigrants means that they are unlikely to make long term plans to remain and indeed would be more likely to return to their country of origin. In your own words: “negotiations are ongoing”.

- the increase in nationalist attitudes by a small (but vocal) minority has made some immigrants feel intimidated. Appreciate that it is only anecdotal, but I have Polish friends who feel intimidated and are on the cusp of going back to Poland because they don’t feel welcome in the UK.

- the plummeting exchange rate means that the £ buys less foreign currency. For the immigrants who intend, one day, to return to their country of origin, they are effectively earning less in their ‘native’ currency.

What Wayne said! I’m a little unnerved that we’re on the same wavelength. :eek!:

I don’t see how Brexiteers can claim ‘Project Fear’ about something that is actually happening ! That’s the definition of divorced from reality.

An estimated 240,000 citizens from other EU countries immigrated to the UK in 2017, and about 140,000 emigrated abroad, that is, left. Whether they went back to their home nations or another country is not know. So EU ‘net migration’ was still around 100,000

In the year before the referendum, net EU migration was estimated at 189,000, so there’s been a large fall following the vote. We don’t know how much of that is a direct result of the decision to leave, but I'd imagine a fair amount.

Considering that so many people think that the UK is crap and has gone to the dogs, imagine how much crappier it must be where they come from.

Why would 100,000 people leave the Utopian heaven that is the EU, to come to a sh*tty backward island on the edge of the world?

Answers on a postcard please.

An estimated 240,000 citizens from other EU countries immigrated to the UK in 2017, and about 140,000 emigrated abroad, that is, left. Whether they went back to their home nations or another country is not know. So EU ‘net migration’ was still around 100,000

In the year before the referendum, net EU migration was estimated at 189,000, so there’s been a large fall following the vote. We don’t know how much of that is a direct result of the decision to leave, but I'd imagine a fair amount.

Considering that so many people think that the UK is crap and has gone to the dogs, imagine how much crappier it must be where they come from.

Why would 100,000 people leave the Utopian heaven that is the EU, to come to a sh*tty backward island on the edge of the world?

Answers on a postcard please.
That is total shit; that is simply sensationalist crap - see what happens when you use your own words - well most of them

That is total shit; that is simply sensationalist crap - see what happens when you use your own words - well most of them
Which bits are not true ?
They are confirmed statistics … unless of course it's all project Fear.

If you deny those figures, let everyone know what yours are.

EU migration to the UK has fallen since June 2016.
What is sensationalist crap about that?

Which bits are not true ?
They are confirmed statistics … unless of course it's all project Fear.

If you deny those figures, let everyone know what yours are.

EU migration to the UK has fallen since June 2016.
What is sensationalist crap about that?
Your words not the stats