EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 76 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

I haven't seen anyone claim that both things are gonna happen, but there could easily be a shortgage of skills, especially within the NHS and care services. As a remainer, i could easily say the opposite, in that we will have full employment and no immigration, all claims from inside the leave side, but I would be making it up to suit my argument and to mock the leave side. Silly comment, imo, Nitram

Ah, the old "skilled" chestnut, as if employers can rest assured that the authenticity of the certificate from the University of Valletta or Gdansk is genuine and makes the candidate much better than the UK one.;)

Ah, the old "skilled" chestnut, as if employers can rest assured that the authenticity of the certificate from the University of Valletta or Gdansk is genuine and makes the candidate much better than the UK one.;)
Having seen some of the quality of students that have passed through our university system, I would have to say that those 2 universities would provide more skilled individuals?

I think we will end up staying and that will be an appalling message to the public.
As I see it it is very unlikely but still possible we could stay in. If May or whoever in prime minister can't get enough votes for whatever reason to continue this government. Given the Irish question this is more than possible. That will likely to force a second referendum or a general election.If it was a general election. If the people voted for Lib Dems that would clearly keep us in the EU .If they voted Labour it would perhaps keep us in the customs union .A large Tory majority would see us exit .

Bastards...there were lot of pages without pictures, so how much more have I missed? Hopefully, there is a ban coming on coleslaw?

Unfortunately, coleslaw is be compulsory for anyone over the age of 50. Also, you've probably missed that Marmite is also compulsory, and you have to go to "An Audience With Katie Hopkins" at least twice a year ...

Having seen some of the quality of students that have passed through our university system, I would have to say that those 2 universities would provide more skilled individuals?

It’s the University of Malta - not the University of Valletta.

Second MC’s comment. I hired a graduate from a UK university. She had a degree in accountancy; and was part qualified ACCA - which she studied at uni. She couldn’t tell a Debit from a Credit.

The one point brexiteers can’t (won’t) answer is why if our membership of the EU is limiting our ability to trade why are the Germans able to export 4x the value of goods to China than we do ? The obvious answer is that we don’t produce enough stuff that those around the world want to buy. How will leaving the EU change that ? There simply is no logic.

Why do you keep saying that when it is remoaners like you that have endlessly pointed out that new independent trade deals take some time to negotiate and be signed? We can not proceed to act independently until we release ourselves from the clutches of the EU. Again, WE GET THAT !

Also, we know new customs offices and procedures will need to be put in place and extra officers recruited. Also, possibly new lorry parks now it is clear that the EU will not facilitate frictionless trade. WE GET THAT !
That'll cost as much as the net EU contribution.

Will you stop this well reasoned nonsense Waldo. It's an emotional thing, don't you know. You are talking to the equivalent of Creationists.

Wayne did you read the comments section on this article. It actually refers to comments made by Mr Farage in May 2016 - before the referendum.

Very telling sentence in that article:
"But the remain side is likely to accuse him of sour grapes and being a bad loser"
Funny how it turned out that way, but not for his side.

It is patently obvious that if it had turned out 52-48 the other way, Farage would have been rebuffed by Cameron who would have said that it was a once a generation vote, as with the Scottish referendum.

GRSgimmer, he's actually said there might need to be a second referendum SINCE the first one. When that created a bit of a furore he pretended he'd said it tongue in cheek but a replay doesn't suggest so.

Wayne did you read the comments section on this article. It actually refers to comments made by Mr Farage in May 2016 - before the referendum.
Of course I did - so much for democracy and strange that the Leave margin was narrower than what would have satisfied him.

"But the remain side is likely to accuse him of sour grapes and being a bad loser"

It is patently obvious that if it had turned out 52-48 the other way, Farage would have been rebuffed by Cameron who would have said that it was a once a generation vote, as with the Scottish referendum.
Funny you mention the Scottish Independence Referendum - Nicola Sturgeon was widely ridiculed for her insistence of more referendums “until she gets the result she wants”.

I think most people are now entrenched in their views on Brexit and anything that either side says during negotiations is being taken as the be-all-end-all. People didn’t realise the timescale to triggering Article 50 then this fucking awful negotiation stage and now we’re getting fed up.

The longer it goes on the more bad stories will come out as firms use it to say they’re leaving - there is no way firms and economic experts will say “the longer this goes on the better this is for us”. Therefore the stories get worse and worse. The political parties start feeding on this unrest for political gain and the rise in optimism of halting it.

Re: a snap general election. I can’t see labour getting much more votes than the last time the Tories were supposedly in self-destruct mode. Corbyn’s fucked because of the Brexit split with constituencies and their MPs. Plus he fucked around too long with the fucking anti-semitism issue which caused headlines. Not to mention the red top generation who believe every ‘terrorist sympathising commie’ headline.

The Lib Dems will win more votes to increase their relevancy from UKIP tin-pot level to Green Party level.

Last edited:

Farridge would have squealed like a stuck pig had he lost by a narrow margin and stuck two fingers up at Cameron.

If there is going to be a skills shortage then why are we not creating real aprenticeships, training more doctors, reintroducing nurse and physiotherapist burseries and creating psychotherapist doctorate training places.

From this month all nhs training bursaries were stopped and nurses now have to take out a student loan. There are only a handful of child and adolescent phsychotherapist training positions in the uk even though there are hundreds with entry qualifications and ready to start the training. clinical Psychologists have a few more places but a drop in the oceon. Have written in detail on this to BBC, Corbyn and ministers and not one f reply lol.

If there is going to be a skills shortage then why are we not creating real aprenticeships, training more doctors, reintroducing nurse and physiotherapist burseries and creating psychotherapist doctorate training places.

From this month all nhs training bursaries were stopped and nurses now have to take out a student loan. There are only a handful of child and adolescent phsychotherapist training positions in the uk even though there are hundreds with entry qualifications and ready to start the training. clinical Psychologists have a few more places but a drop in the oceon. Have written in detail on this to BBC, Corbyn and ministers and not one f reply lol.
All that happens with student loans is that they're deferring the write-off to future generations because nurses and those in other relatively low paid jobs will never repay their loans and the cost will fall into the laps of future taxpayers.