EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 719 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

So would that include the Brexit that NI didn't vote for? Round and round and still we haven't a clue.

As I understand it Brexit was inclusive for all of the uk whereas the latest agreement made with the EU impacted NI in a different manner than for the rest of the UK and therefore needed agreement.
Sure someone can correct me.

As I understand it Brexit was inclusive for all of the uk whereas the latest agreement made with the EU impacted NI in a different manner than for the rest of the UK and therefore needed agreement.
As I interpret it, the NI protocol part of the Withdrawal Agreement is illegal according to the Belfast Agreement.

As I interpret it, the NI protocol part of the Withdrawal Agreement is illegal according to the Belfast Agreement.

I'd say you were both correct.
Nothing to do with the Brexit vote , just remainers sulking.

So we signed an illegal agreement? The illegality bconcerned our territory and jurisdiction but it's the fault of others. My comment on Brexit was tongue in cheek but the logic being used against the protocol is similar. No basis for suggesting the protocol is or was illegal and I assume it was passed by huge teams of lawyers from all sides. Make it work, or walk away but bluster is for Johnsons.

So we signed an illegal agreement? The illegality bconcerned our territory and jurisdiction but it's the fault of others. My comment on Brexit was tongue in cheek but the logic being used against the protocol is similar. No basis for suggesting the protocol is or was illegal and I assume it was passed by huge teams of lawyers from all sides. Make it work, or walk away but bluster is for Johnsons.
It does appear that both sides signed an illegal agreement.
If you care to actually read the Belfast Agreement, you’d agree.
It’s quite specific which is why the DUP is bringing a court case.
As I’ve said, they were so preoccupied with the Republicans and Ireland that they took their eye off the ball with the Unionists.
They are still a majority in NI and can cause both the U.K. and Ireland a lot of trouble.

We will agree to disagree on the legal arguments but the unionists are not a majority any longer. They are past their zenith and the other side have bigger numbers. If it weren't for this entirely unavoidable nonsense there would probably have been a swifter loss of support for both groups of sectarians.

We will agree to disagree on the legal arguments but the unionists are not a majority any longer. They are past their zenith and the other side have bigger numbers. If it weren't for this entirely unavoidable nonsense there would probably have been a swifter loss of support for both groups of sectarians.
The last census shows Protestants in majority.
Maybe it’s changed since then but if so, by a tiny percentage .

The last census shows Protestants in majority.
Maybe it’s changed since then but if so, by a tiny percentage .

It has and assertive unionism is in even greater decline and their patrons have abandoned them. That's why they are so agitated and fractious.

It has and assertive unionism is in even greater decline and their patrons have abandoned them. That's why they are so agitated and fractious.
Your opinion.
The evidence doesn’t back that up.
They are agitated and fractious (your words) because a system has been implemented on them without consultation.
I’m certainly not supporting their stance but merely pointing out that both the U.K. and the Eu underestimated the impact of the protocol.

Wonderful Free Trade deal with Australia which will do wonders to help with the fight against global warming with us importing cheap beef to screw our farmers.

Apparently our trade with Aus is expected to go up by about 7.3%
Aus trade to us up by over 80%.
Wonderful. Well done Johnson. This is what Sovereignty is all about.

Edit. Forgot to add how momentous this is. Projected to boost our economy by 0.2% over the next ten years. Should be able to put the damage done by Covid behind us in no time now thanks to this deal.

Wonderful Free Trade deal with Australia which will do wonders to help with the fight against global warming with us importing cheap beef to screw our farmers.

Edit. Forgot to add how momentous this is. Projected to boost our economy by 0.2% over the next ten years. Should be able to put the damage done by Covid behind us in no time now thanks to this deal.
Cynicism is an unattractive trait 😂

The reason that I said childish was because the only person suggesting that the majority voted to leave the EU because of live animal exports was you.

For some inexplicable reason, people who supported remaining cannot see the wood for the trees regarding the EU.
They just seem to get a free pass on subjects that you would be outraged against if it was the UK government implementing it.

Ref Seaspiricy - The European Union is not only encouraging the industrial rape of our seas, they are actually subsidising it.
Ref the CAP - 80% of the CAP budget goes to 20% of farmers who farm on an industrial scale.
Ref Frontex - Frontex turning ‘blind eye’ to human rights violations, says former deputy | Global development | The Guardian

Happy with future animal imports to be pumped with various steroids though
I'm not and never would be.

Have a good day !
I’m sure you’ll be happy as Larry with the Australia deal. Now take a look at their animal welfare standards according to the RSPCA.
F8909E11-50B8-42EE-AC9D-55E7364AB104.jpeg

I gather that you don’t approve of a trade agreement with Australia then.
Why not?
If it’s irrelevant, then it can’t hurt, can it?
Trade agreements with the Eu and 70 others can’t be bad can it?

Ridiculous hyperbole Gills 58 it's 0.02%. The cynicism is all Johnson's.