EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 708 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Did we leave hoping the rules didn't count?
I repeat, we voted for this as we didn't need EU membership in order to floirish. They were holding us back and milking our finances. Now we are free. You should be pleased rather than pointing out that they are keeping to their rules. It doesn't matter wheether there's "anything in it for them". We are free. Rejoice.

I’m delighted we are out of it, I’m just looking for an answer as to how the Eu benefits from attempting to block plants going in to NI because of the British dirt that they are grown in ?
How does the Eu benefit from blocking M&S selling M&S sausages in NI when they sell them in Valletta.
Maybe someone knows

There are high principles at stake here, Shotshy, the like of which you and I can barely grasp. Plus the British soil could be brushed of the plants and smuggled into the Republic as the first step towards re-introducing serpents -alien, Proddy serpents at that.

I do a little bit of EU-funded work from time to time. They have me filling out all sorts before I start and when I finish -mission report, time sheet etc. They send back the time sheet if I say I've done the prep over a weekend, because weekends are a different rate of compensation -if approved- so I say I did it on weekdays. Then everything goes quiet. The site has to fill in a mission report which goes to the agent handling the project. The agent has to wait for all the reports to come in from all the projects which they are handling in that series and then submits them to the entity which the EU is funding. Then the entity has to wait for all the agents' reports accounting for funding in that series before submitting them to the EU. Then the EU has to sign off on the entity's report, and then I gets my money. Anything up to six months. My European colleagues regard this as entirely normal. I forget and so I'm always pleasantly surprised when the cash shows up in my account. Now the Chinese -last day of the project, down to the office, brown envelope bulging with RMB -although less than you expect "We take tax!" and there you are thinking, how am I going to convert this lot?

I’m delighted we are out of it, I’m just looking for an answer as to how the Eu benefits from attempting to block plants going in to NI because of the British dirt that they are grown in ?
How does the Eu benefit from blocking M&S selling M&S sausages in NI when they sell them in Valletta.
Maybe someone knows

Phytosanitation rules. Most countries have them that's why you're not allowed to bring fruit into Aus and NZ. Nothing crazy nothing sinister just the rules.

Maybe someone knows
Try taking plants or soil into Australia. You’ll find they have draconian laws against it to protect their environment. Those for the EU are very similar. The problem we had on leaving the EU is that we subjected ourselves to those rules. As I have explained in the past until i’m black in the face is that you can’t exempt one third country from the rules without exempting everybody. That’s down to WTO rules. The only way to overcome it was within a deal with the EU. Outside of a barebones trade deal, we haven’t attempted it.

Try taking plants or soil into Australia. You’ll find they have draconian laws against it to protect their environment. Those for the EU are very similar. The problem we had on leaving the EU is that we subjected ourselves to those rules. As I have explained in the past until i’m black in the face is that you can’t exempt one third country from the rules without exempting everybody. That’s down to WTO rules. The only way to overcome it was within a deal with the EU. Outside of a barebones trade deal, we haven’t attempted it.

and therein lies the whole issue with NI - it's NOT in the EU so why shouldn't we do those things mentioned!

What with their Covid regulations it looks as if their government are looking after the population quite well compared to the tw#ts over here who don't like regulations and restrictions (eg feeble and late response re foreign travellers entering).

Still obsessed. Ooh, nasty EU sticking by the rules that we voted to be free of. This is what we voted for, so no problem.
Except that the UK is not yet "free" of EU Rules. (or 99.9% of them)

For the last few years Parliament has been transferring all EU laws (not already in UK law) into UK law.

So for the purposes of manufacture and distribution the UK is still complying with EU laws.
Therefore there should be no good reason to block or delay UK goods.

What exceptions are there ?
(ooops, almost forgot.... vaccinations....;))

So if the substantive "standards" remain identical, what is the obstacle ?
Local bureaucrats insisting on pointless, wasteful form-filling.....
....probably blaming it on the EU....
....and based on Baghdad's account, probably fairly.

Are Belgian cheese exporters finding HMRC to be as "difficult".....
....or is the still UK applying the "grace period" previously trailered ?

New deal with India - hooooorrraaahhh. Or is it?

I thought we left the EU to stop immigration and get uk jobs and training back lol.

Is this great news or the con of the century.

The deal is that similar to the Australia one, Indians between 18 and 30 will be able to gain 2 year work visas. Why would we do that, maybe to gain workers that we were gaining from the EU so I assume we will not need to train or retrain so many of our own residents.

We already have this deal but for three month periods. Instead of using uk staff Indian offshore firms ship in their own resource - a direct loss of uk skilled jobs. This is on top of the thousand of off shored hobs.

Articles mention 6000 new jobs will be created. Just one building in Chennai houses 6000 staff covering more than that number of ex uk jobs (mainly AstraZeneca in that building).

They mention the offshore it company Wipro doing more business in the uk - once again they have taken thousands of uk it roles offshore so they may bring some jobs back or will they continue as now but use the indian staff on 2 year visa to the uk in which case more jobs gone, hmmm.

The indian vaccine company may put a factory here - they already could.

To me this just looks like a massive job and training loss for the uk. Maybe thats what taking back control was all about, still the corporates have their cheap resources whilst the uk worker bends over again.

New deal with India - hooooorrraaahhh. Or is it?

I thought we left the EU to stop immigration and get uk jobs and training back lol.

Is this great news or the con of the century.

The deal is that similar to the Australia one, Indians between 18 and 30 will be able to gain 2 year work visas. Why would we do that, maybe to gain workers that we were gaining from the EU so I assume we will not need to train or retrain so many of our own residents.

We already have this deal but for three month periods. Instead of using uk staff Indian offshore firms ship in their own resource - a direct loss of uk skilled jobs. This is on top of the thousand of off shored hobs.

Articles mention 6000 new jobs will be created. Just one building in Chennai houses 6000 staff covering more than that number of ex uk jobs (mainly AstraZeneca in that building).

They mention the offshore it company Wipro doing more business in the uk - once again they have taken thousands of uk it roles offshore so they may bring some jobs back or will they continue as now but use the indian staff on 2 year visa to the uk in which case more jobs gone, hmmm.

The indian vaccine company may put a factory here - they already could.

To me this just looks like a massive job and training loss for the uk. Maybe thats what taking back control was all about, still the corporates have their cheap resources whilst the uk worker bends over again.
You must be wrong Jerry. Leavers voted for this and knew they were voting for it.

On a different matter I must say I'm surprised at Leavers who are keen to go abroad on holiday so that our economy loses more money when we are in (inevitable) serious problems. I shall be gladly supporting the British tourist industry. I have 2 holidays booked here. Also, I don't want to import Covid mutations from abroad which would further damage our country.

And there was me being accused of lacking patriotism by being a Remainer.

I trust Leavers will be following my example and not be pushing for more economic losses and health risks through foreign holidays.

Last edited:
Update !!!!
There are no Leavers and there are no Remainers.

It’s finished, at least for a generation.

Maybe it will be bad, maybe it will be good.

Every tiny change means nothing.

Only the long term will prove either way.

For all those who would prefer to live in an EU country, start campaigning or alternatively, go and live in one.

Update !!!!

For all those who would prefer to live in an EU country, start campaigning or alternatively, go and live in one.
Are you in support of my campaign to buy British (tourism)?

Update !!!!

The india deal would be irrelevant of Brexit in reality as this stitch up by successive governments and corporates has been going on for a long time.
The brexit angle is that people will be told that this is a reward from brexit when in fact it is just a continuation of the lies from our masters.