EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 623 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Well done mark, you did the right thing for your family.

The passort thing will be interesting.
I had a mate who decided to take an American passport because he was born there and entitled to, even though he'd lived in the UK since the age of one.

Do the Americans not have a rule that you have to be tax even if you dont live and work in the US ?

Sure I read that somewhere. Could be an expensive passport to hold.

Who do they support in the football, Mark? Us or them?! ;)

It's been interesting. When kai (his name does start with a k GBN) was younger I bought him an england shirt for the world cup which he wore with pride. His grandad bought him a german one which he wore after we were knocked out.

As I see it he gets two tickets in the lottery. It's fair to say they feel more british as they live here but time will tell how beneficial their dual nationality will be. Much will depend on the nature of any deal.

As I see it we invested in giving them the option of being EU citizens. They are lucky to have that option in my view.

It's been interesting. When kai (his name does start with a k shotshy) was younger I bought him an england shirt for the world cup which he wore with pride. His grandad bought him a german one which he wore after we were knocked out.

As I see it he gets two tickets in the lottery. It's fair to say they feel more british as they live here but time will tell how beneficial their dual nationality will be. Much will depend on the nature of any deal.

As I see it we invested in giving them the option of being EU citizens. They are lucky to have that option in my view.

lol, yes, very good.

Kids across the road to me both support England (both born here) for football (don't no what their allegiances are, or could be for other sports), but the parents are German and Spanish. Think if they lived down in your neck of the woods they would probably support Gillingham, as opposed to being glory hunters. Nice, bright kids, fluent in at least 3 languages.

The UK wants a Canada-type trade deal or similar with the EU we're told. The EU wants a single agreement; the UK doesn't because it wants to cherry pick. Work that one out.

I doubt that he minds being judged in the very near future because comparative trends will emerge, I would estimate in the next 3 to 5 years. All he was saying is that the potential is there for improvement and increased opportunity to continue over the next 50 years.

Whether in the EU or out, there can always be global events like recessions and pandemics over which neither the EU or the UK can have control.

This pandemic is not the EU's fault but it is still in need of a massive bail out (as we will be, as well) and in that respect we have definitely dodged a bullet by concentrating on our own economy's issues.

Goodness knows what the man really thinks but he has made similar comments a number of times. I heard a radio interview in which he projected the real benefits to some time far away. It doesn't really matter because people will make up their own minds, change their minds and so on.

The judgement will come in due course and the pandemic is not part of that judgement. It has happened to every country and the benefits/costs of association belong to all eventualities; there are no excuses. I do know that my interests and those of Rees Mogg are miles apart on almost everything.

Quite incredible that this person is the Prime Minister of our country. What an utterly shambolic performance. So bad I was wondering if it was a look alike doing a parody.

I actually pine for Thatcher in comparison to this pile of rubbish.

When he is not reading a script he seems incapable of forming coherent sentences. If he has a genuine speech impediment then I apologise unreservedly.

Here we are.
I know it's the BBC and you think they are biased so I included the post with him actually speaking the words. I say 'speaking' but it is more like some sort of word soup with a few 'umms'and 'aahs' sprinkled in.

Oh that one.
Yeah I’ve seen that.
You literally said he begged them saying “we need you “
Maybe that’s another clip 😁

Don’t get me wrong Vambo, I cannot stand the guy but if someone posts lies, I’ll point it out.👍

Last edited:
I actually pine for Thatcher in comparison to this pile of rubbish.

Fucking hell, '58, that's some call. Though I think I know where you're coming from.

Imagine if thirty odd years ago somebody had told you that come 2020 you'd be pining for her return. Would you have ended it all there and then?!

Where do you get your information from? I choose the HoC library that posts copies of correspondence etc
Well , I’ve read the basic Canada deal and there is no inclusion of ECJ, non negotiated fishing rights and just a mention of aspiration to a level playing field.
From what I’ve read, the EU want the U.K. to operate financial services under the same conditions as other third countries, ie a month notice.
That’s okay if they drop the insistence on the existing fishing agreements in perpetuity.
That’s cake and eat it in my opinion.

Fucking hell, '58, that's some call. Though I think I know where you're coming from.

Imagine if thirty odd years ago somebody had told you that come 2020 you'd be pining for her return. Would you have ended it all there and then?!
Yes. I can hardly believe it myself. Actually said it to my missus today.

In my defence I would say that at least with Thatcher you got what you saw and her life/career was not built on pure bs and dishonesty. Further, I'm sure she would have made a better job of the current crisis. For a start, she wouldn't have shyed away from making tough decisions and would probably have gone into lockdown earlier. Johnson's mob couldn't organise the proverbial piss up in a brewery.

I shall now have to disinfect my fingers for having typed this.

Yes. I can hardly believe it myself. Actually said it to my missus today.

In my defence I would say that at least with Thatcher you got what you saw and her life/career was not built on pure bs and dishonesty. Further, I'm sure she would have made a better job of the current crisis. For a start, she wouldn't have shyed away from making tough decisions and would probably have gone into lockdown earlier. Johnson's mob couldn't organise the proverbial piss up in a brewery.

I shall now have to disinfect my fingers for having typed this.

Yes, I get it. Your reasoning and the dirty feeling that accompanies it!

Do the Americans not have a rule that you have to be tax even if you dont live and work in the US ?
Yes, Americans are taxed on their passport rather than the situs of their residence or work (I think) - that aspect would need to be checked. If he is taxed in the US, then there is an exclusion on his employment income in excess of $100,000. Plus, if he pays tax in the UK, he can get double tax relief (credit against US tax due, if any) in the USA. I'm a little bit rusty but I doubt holding a US passport should penalise him.

Last edited: