EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 461 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

New jobs? Do you know what sort of jobs they are? Loads of people in "jobs" but short term/few hours/low pay shite that means they still need income support

That is clearly your opinion on the situation but is not verified by the Office of National statistics.
The Office for National Statistics figures also showed wages are rising at their fastest rate in 11 years. The average wage is now £27,976 – 3.7 per cent higher than a year ago and the fastest growth rate since June 2008.
It also shows that 100,00 EU citizens came to work in the UK in the last year, blowing that theory out of the water as well.

Fintech is the growth industry.
The Office for National Statistics reports that in the year to March, by far the greatest number of new posts were in the scientific, professional and technical area, where 150,000 people were added to the workforce. A further 80,000 were added in IT and communications.

As much as you like to talk the country down, the evidence just doesn't back up your opinions.

He doesn’t have a mind of his own and doesn’t do logical thinking.

One minute complaining that there are too many foreigners clogging our roads and hospitals. The next minute suggesting that there is no need to control borders to stop EU citizens from coming in.

GBN is a prime example as to why people should not have been trusted with a referendum vote. Leave it to the experts.

Why on earth would you think that anyone wants to stop EU citizens coming in ?
What a bizarre stance .

You seem to think that leaving the EU is about shutting up the borders.
You could not be more wrong.
This country has always thrived on immigration.

Leaving the EU will allow the UK to have it's own immigration policy.
Simple as that.

I think that you may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

And, yet again you just post what US demands are being speculated and not what UK demands are going to be made in return. Seems to be a bit of a common one sided pattern in your posts.
The UK can demand that the US drops its ban on importing haggis. But the obvious one is changing to US regulatory standards in order to export to America. Like the EU, the US is not going to change its rules to suit us. So, uk firms who want to export both to EU countries and the US will be in a pickle.

Democracy can only work with the consent of the losing side.
Unfortunately, that appears to be a thing of the past.
Don't like the result ?
Campaign to overturn it before it's enacted !
But that's exactly what happens in our Parliamentary system - you have a very narrow majority, you have to accede to the requests/demands across the House; indeed even requests/demands on your own side of the House. When those principles are applied to a referendum, people cry blue murder. When you vote for an MP you vote for a policy or plan as set out in a manifesto; there was nothing of the sort leading up to the referendum simply a yes/no decision. That's hardly democracy and no-one vote for a no-deal; similarly, no-one voted for a deal. Brexiteers have only themselves to blame - nothing to do with democracy.

Bu
Like most anti democrats, you are conflating different issues.

The far right have been on the march in Europe for years before Brexit was even spoken about.
There has also been an enboldenment in the UK in recent years, but to put that down to Brexit is ridiculous.
Is Corbyn far right ?

Like most on this forum, you seem to be under the impression that leaving the EU is a Tory plan.
It is not.
Millions and millions of regular Labour voters also voted to leave.

If Johnson wins the next election, then that is democracy in action.
I've never voted Tory in my entire life and never will, but if that's the result, I have to live with it, as do you.

Democracy can only work with the consent of the losing side.
Unfortunately, that appears to be a thing of the past.
Don't like the result ?
Campaign to overturn it before it's enacted !

Anyone or any party that legitimately campaign for re-joining the EU after we have left will have my total respect and if they can will an election on that mandate, then good luck to them.

That is democracy in action, which until now, was considered normal.[/QUOTE
Firstly, I have no problem with honouringbthe referendum, yes, I think it a bad decision, but I have never, ever, said that it shouldn't be honoured. Nor do i subscribe to brexit being a tory thing. I hve actually said exactly what you have said in that people didn't vote based on their political party. The far right may well have been on the march ineurope for years, but that shouldn't affect what we do. I have already said that I was split before the referendum, unti Farage's poster. That was when I knew what was at stake. We can all think we know what will and won't happen, economically, but nobody knows for sure. What has happened, and what is a fact, is that these people are now deemed a terrorist threat. Attacks by them have increased since the campigns started for the rederedum in 2016. They have absolutely been emboldened by the toxicity used by Farage and others during that time, and, should we have a no deal, they will be puffing their chests out even more, and bragging how we got the better of the EU and EU citizens. It will add fuel to the fire.
Only by people like you
Lol, I wish. Perhaps you should ask our security services.

The vast majority of the country see the far right as an equal threat to Islamic extremism ?
More than likely because far-right sympathisers outnumber islamic sympathisers but you can't see that. If you have a problem with that, then speak to the authorities who a citing the rapid increase in far-right cells across the UK. You highlight islamic terrorism because it's the mantra of your far-right mates. Mass shootings in the USA are almost all perpetrated by those with far-right tendencies and I note you remained tight-lipped on the recent events.

More than likely because far-right sympathisers outnumber islamic sympathisers but you can't see that. If you have a problem with that, then speak to the authorities who a citing the rapid increase in far-right cells across the UK. You highlight islamic terrorism because it's the mantra of your far-right mates. Mass shootings in the USA are almost all perpetrated by those with far-right tendencies and I note you remained tight-lipped on the recent events.

So much factually wrong with this, I really don't know where to start!

Firstly, you have responded to a statement you have made with "more than likely", so you weren't sure originally?

Secondly, are there really more far-right sympathisers than Islamic sympathisers? There are over 3 million Muslims in the UK, how have you come up with this statement?

And finally, the vast majority of mass shootings in the USA are gang-related, so how can they "almost all be perpetrated by those with far-right tendencies".

If you are going to guess, can you say "I reckon" or "I think", rather than keep presenting guesses as fact.

Secondly, are there really more far-right sympathisers than Islamic sympathisers? There are over 3 million Muslims in the UK, how have you come up with this statement?
And they're all extremist sympathisers?
And finally, the vast majority of mass shootings in the USA are gang-related, so how can they "almost all be perpetrated by those with far-right tendencies".
The mass shootings of late have all been carried out by gangs of one.

Like VG, whichever way you couch your responses you cannot hide your hatred of muslims of all shades not just extremists.

So much factually wrong with this, I really don't know where to start!

Firstly, you have responded to a statement you have made with "more than likely", so you weren't sure originally?

If you are going to guess, can you say "I reckon" or "I think", rather than keep presenting guesses as fact.
Can you back up your claim of most mass shootings are gang related? I would accept that most shootings are gang related, but most mass shootings? I find that hard to believe, but I might be wrong

Can you back up your claim of most mass shootings are gang related? I would accept that most shootings are gang related, but most mass shootings? I find that hard to believe, but I might be wrong

I could post 10, but I don't know why I should bother when WK never posts one single solitary bit of proof to back up his mad rants.

I will though;

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-policy/analysis/essays/mass-shootings.html

332 or 371 Mass shootings in 2015, reducing to 65 where the motivation was not related to gangs, drugs or organised crime, and reducing further to 7 were the motivation was indiscriminate.

This subject has absolutely nothing at all to do with Brexit.

The rise of the far right has nothing to do with Brexit unless many northern industrial towns are hotbeds of far right extremists? I doubt it.

Kent voted almost solidly to leave the EU, the exception being Royal Tunbridge Wells.
Yep, that T.Wells.
The home of the blue rinse and the angry caller.
Is that now a bastion of liberalism ?
Again, I doubt it.

This subject has absolutely nothing at all to do with Brexit.

The rise of the far right has nothing to do with Brexit unless many northern industrial towns are hotbeds of far right extremists? I doubt it.

Kent voted almost solidly to leave the EU, the exception being Royal Tunbridge Wells.
Yep, that T.Wells.
The home of the blue rinse and the angry caller.
Is that now a bastion of liberalism ?
Again, I doubt it.
It is the home of knowledge and common sense

I could post 10, but I don't know why I should bother when WK never posts one single solitary bit of proof to back up his mad rants.

I will though;

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-policy/analysis/essays/mass-shootings.html

332 or 371 Mass shootings in 2015, reducing to 65 where the motivation was not related to gangs, drugs or organised crime, and reducing further to 7 were the motivation was indiscriminate.
Dayton and El Paso - multiple shooters? New Zealand - multiple shooters?