EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 267 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

....but the UNITED STATES OF EUROPE, including GB has ended.

...Or is about to. One member of the public made a good point, I think on the Adrian Chiles piece this week.

They said that in 1975 we were voting for a Common Market, NOT Political Union.

The latter term seems to be used more and more now.

I have a genuine question: Despite not wanting to leave the EU myself, I do actually agree that, because of the vote, the UK will need to leave - and not just in name only (although how this can be done without there needing to be a border between the UK and Ireland seems pretty insoluble - besides the point here). But, if a no-deal situation is to happen, can someone explain the seemingly fanatical devotion to the idea that it cannot be delayed even for a moment; whether or not the physical infrastructure, staff, IT systems, 'replacement' trade agreements with non-EU countries etc. are actually in place?

What is the point in delaying more after two and a half years of dicking about rather than negotiating properly? Are the Pratts on both sides going to stop trying to point score and start realising that an amicable agreement would be beneficial for both.

How much longer do you estimate it will take to put the things you mention in place?

Business and Investment sources are all saying that the worst thing for growth is the uncertainty. Kicking the can further down the road will hardly help.

Uncontrolled immigration is a spiral into oblivion. I cannot for the life of me understand why it is one of the four pillars of the EU. I remember Merkel saying that you can't have the good bits like free trade with the bad bits like free movement. So even she admits that it is a bad policy. It seems that it has arbitrarily been decided at some time in the past and cannot now be changed. Free movement has ripped the guts out of many Eastern European countries.

You can certainly see how it has been a headache for Merkel and her domestic popularity.

IMHO the UK would also have voted heavily to remain but for that issue.

What is the point in delaying more after two and a half years of dicking about rather than negotiating properly? Are the Pratts on both sides going to stop trying to point score and start realising that an amicable agreement would be beneficial for both.

How much longer do you estimate it will take to put the things you mention in place?

Business and Investment sources are all saying that the worst thing for growth is the uncertainty. Kicking the can further down the road will hardly help.

The problem is the UK need to show leaving was the right decision, whilst the EU need to show it was the wrong decision. How both sides can get out of this without each looking to have lost is the problem.

They won't be the last arrests.
The left wing political correctness has doomed a generation of girls to sexual abuse.

So political correctness created vulnerable children, hopelessly inadequate social services and particularly for children in care and a society that didn't care about the vulnerable and their children. It must also have been resoponsible for The Childrens Act too. What utter tosh.

...Or is about to. One member of the public made a good point, I think on the Adrian Chiles piece this week.

They said that in 1975 we were voting for a Common Market, NOT Political Union.

The latter term seems to be used more and more now.
Wrong - we voted for political union starting with a Common Market in order to break down barriers

So political correctness created vulnerable children, hopelessly inadequate social services and particularly for children in care and a society that didn't care about the vulnerable and their children. It must also have been resoponsible for The Childrens Act too. What utter tosh.

No , I didn't say that. Political correctness let young girls get raped by gangs.

Wrong - we voted for political union starting with a Common Market in order to break down barriers

We voted to leave in 48 days time ??

You can certainly see how it has been a headache for Merkel and her domestic popularity.

IMHO the UK would also have voted heavily to remain but for that issue.
Germany has no problem with free movement of EU citizens but with refugees where she took a larger share than others. That said, Germany murdered at least two million of their own in WW2 so it's a bit of payback albeit humanitarian payback.

Islam isn't compatible with our values , and the cracks have appeared.
If it can't be stopped , it will end in bloodshed.
So where do footballers like: Asmir Begovic; Sead Kolasinac; Beram Kayal; Mesut Özil; N’Golo Kanté; Edin Hazard; Antonio Rudiger; Cenk Tosun; Florent Hadergjonaj; Xherdan Shaqiri; Benjamin Mendy; Paul Pogba; Serge Aurier or Adama Traoré stand alongside your vile views on islam?

Germany has no problem with free movement of EU citizens but with refugees where she took a larger share than others. That said, Germany murdered at least two million of their own in WW2 so it's a bit of payback albeit humanitarian payback.

Over a million undocumented Muslims .. what could possibly go wrong ?

So where do footballers like: Asmir Begovic; Sead Kolasinac; Beram Kayal; Mesut Özil; N’Golo Kanté; Edin Hazard; Antonio Rudiger; Cenk Tosun; Florent Hadergjonaj; Xherdan Shaqiri; Benjamin Mendy; Paul Pogba; Serge Aurier or Adama Traoré stand alongside your vile views on islam?
Eh?

Interesting observation today.

For background, my wife has zero interest in politics. She has no political leanings. She has no interest in Brexit. She doesn’t read the news and has no idea about the huge bias in the newspapers (both ways I will add!).

During the TV adverts this evening, there was an ad for the Daily Mail. It referred to JC as dangerous man,has sinister background music, and photographs of JC looking like a deranged terrorist - the drama enhanced by a slow zoom in on his face.

My wife genuinely thought it was satire. I had to spend 5 minutes explaining that it was no joke.

We’d earlier been watching a documentary on Hitler’s propaganda machine and it didn’t take her long to draw a parallel. She also couldn’t believe that people get drawn in by this shite.

How can we call ourselves a democratic society when there is so much misinformation and bias in the press? There has to be a standards regulator that addresses this kind of activity???

BBC Panorama are about to be exposed , 23rd Feb in Manchester (outside BBC hq).
The fabrication of propaganda by the state !

They're all muslims and liable to do terrible things according to you, VG, Gel Boy and Batty Boy. Of course, VG won't reply.

We're going over the same ground Compo. Why don't we wait and see whether more details emerge about the 55 men arrested in Dewsbury, Batley and Bradford, and the 33 men arrested in Calderdale, Bradford and Kirklees before we plough through it all again?

We're going over the same ground Compo. Why don't we wait and see whether more details emerge about the 55 men arrested in Dewsbury, Batley and Bradford, and the 33 men arrested in Calderdale, Bradford and Kirklees before we plough through it all again?
These arrests relate to terrible crimes committed between 10 and 15 years ago; so, what you have to ask yourself is whether similar crimes are still being committed and what about the other crimes of sexual misconduct taking place that you and VG and co choose to ignore because they're not committed by men of Pakistani heritage. Both of you have said that it's effectively in the DNA of muslims to perpetrate these horrible acts because of what is written in the koran. Yet I name some prominent muslims who are not taxi drivers etc of Pakistani heritage and you seem to turn into a shrinking violet, racist ****!