EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 166 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

The EU said it cannot negotiate the May deal until it's been presented to Parliament. Nothing wrong with that, I say.

I very vaguely remember the good friday agreement being predicated on no hard border between the six counties and the republic. If thats right then without the backstop good friday goes up in smoke and were back to the troubles
If ive got this totally wrong im sure someone will correct me

I really can't understand this anti EU stuff. They are just protecting their members. We need to understand that we are just a medium sized country that will have much less clout in the future.

As Tony Blair has said, we will soon be aware of the dominance of China and by 2050 there will be a dominant China, the USA as firmly No2 and India with the 3rd position. I believe that Russia, years after Putin, will choose between the EU and being a satellite of China. That would be ironic wouldn't it ?? Russia in the EU and us not !!!

Some food for thought - colcannon

"Over the past two decades, an EU programme has given more than two billion euros in funds to try and maintain social cohesion between the Protestant and Catholic communities in Northern Ireland.

It is as yet unclear what would happen to those funds when the UK quits the EU." Euronews

The EU wants open borders and third world immigration. Millions of Europeans don't want that , including Brexiteers.
Talking out of your arse again. All around the EU it has closed borders with non-EU countries and doesn't want them open other than dealing with the Irish situation. Where on earth do you get your information from? Gel Boy and Batty Boy I guess.

Some food for thought - colcannon

"Over the past two decades, an EU programme has given more than two billion euros in funds to try and maintain social cohesion between the Protestant and Catholic communities in Northern Ireland.

It is as yet unclear what would happen to those funds when the UK quits the EU." Euronews

Is two billion euros over two decades supposed to impress when they want thirty nine billion just for leaving. I'm sorry but it's time we told the EU where to go.
I'll just have to do without my new BMW...….. oh that's right I don't drive one.

Is two billion euros over two decades supposed to impress when they want thirty nine billion just for leaving. I'm sorry but it's time we told the EU where to go.
I'll just have to do without my new BMW...….. oh that's right I don't drive one.
The two points are unrelated. I simply mentioned EU involvement in the peace process and, like many, they don't want to see it collapse.

We owe them fcuk all , or have they forgotten the two world wars ?

Let them whistle for it.

Just where are you coming from on that one?
We owe them the same as we would when leaving a legal agreement early not as reperations for a war debt.

Lowest comment so far :)

For me it's not about hatred of Europe, hell I voted to remain, I just don't like the sound of the deal on the table, or the antics of some of the remainers. If the current deal goes ahead we will be worse off than a hard Brexit, if we stay in it will be a nail in the democratic coffin.

£39 billion divorce settlement and they still want the house and custody of the children.

The UK decided it would rather grow a ponytail, buy a Harley and play the field. It is also attempting to abduct one of the kids (Ireland). There's nothing for the EU to negotiate, particularly because every time May comes to Brussels throwing shoes at the window, she turns up wanting something different.

Britain's international standing is currently something like this:

Cb5oc4zWIAAO0Zb.jpg

Last edited:
I think you will find that Northern Ireland is British, what happens in southern Ireland is down to them but unless our sovereignty is already gone, Northern Ireland is still down to us and the Northern Ireland parliamentary members.

For me it's not about hatred of Europe, hell I voted to remain, I just don't like the sound of the deal on the table, or the antics of some of the remainers. If the current deal goes ahead we will be worse off than a hard Brexit, if we stay in it will be a nail in the democratic coffin.

Apart from the backstop issue what exactly is wrong with the deal?

As a remainer I'm so sick to death of all the threats and bullying from the EU, that if a referendum was held right now I would vote to leave.
£39 billion divorce settlement and they still want the house and custody of the children, I don't know what a hard Brexit would bring but it can't be worse than the one sided deal the EU are refusing to re-negotiate.
I am incredulous that you think the EU are issuing threats and bullying. They are sticking to their rules (as I expected them to). We wanted to leave. That's up to us. Why should they do us any favours? In what way are they "bullying" us? They are not making us do anything. They are making us an offer. We can accept or refuse. It's up to us.

The deal is about what I expected, what my brother predicted - he does a lot of trade in Czec Rep and Italy. Imo and hos it's far better than no deal. The WTO is on the verge of collapse thanks to Trump. Leavers spout "WTO" without knowing this. A clear example of the overwhelming ignorance in which this "debate" is being held. Others quote chunks of texts but don't understand what they are reading. I'd like to think I understand more than the average voter but still don't think this issue should have depended on my level of understanding.

If I leave my cricket club, why would they be nice to me? They can't make me do anything and I wouldn't expect them to give me any "treats".

I think you will find that Northern Ireland is British, what happens in southern Ireland is down to them but unless our sovereignty is already gone, Northern Ireland is still down to us and the Northern Ireland parliamentary members.

And I think you will find that most people in Northern Ireland voted to remain and that the government doesn't give a shit about that, not least because it only survives on the say-so of the DUP headbangers. A hard border will trash the the Good Friday Agreement, open smuggling opportunities for sectarian terrorists and seriously bugger up the economy of the Republic of Ireland. Do you seriously think the EU will let that happen to one of its members just because we had a collective brainfart?

Think about it, rather than believing what the papers and the BBC tell you. It's us who are wrecking the house. Everyone else is just trying to contain the damage.