EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 155 | Vital Forums

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Wayne.Kerr

Vital 1st Team Regular
Unless I am reading that wrong, it says that it does not apply if the immigrant has found a job within 3 months, so I guess all that apparent over staffing in car washes wouldn't have a bearing on that?
Those you refer to amount to about 25 people and a dog; you really are showing your true and vile prejudices, which the referendum allowed you to express regardless of the consequences to the economy and your kids' futures.

GillsBluenose

Vital Squad Member
Net profits may go to Japan but taxable earnings of employees are subject to PAYE and NI; Honda sales in the UK are subject to UK VAT and Honda profits are subject to UK corporation tax; plus, there are many suppliers and service providers who get income/wages from business from Honda, which would be subject also to tax, VAT and NI. So, yes it would be a very bad thing and, if you can't understand that, then you should not have voted in the referendum. It's not about protecting your Little Englander ideas but ensuring the country has a livelihood.
I would like to see how much Corporation tax they pay. I suspect on lines of Amazon and Starbucks.

Honda will still have dealerships in the UK whether they make their cars here or not, and VAT will still be added.

Taxable earnings apply to every employee in the country, whoever they work for and, as you have pointed out, we do not have enough people to fill our posts anyway so need immigrants who will send a lot of their disposable income back to their families rather than spend it here and stimulate our economy.

chris who

Vital Squad Member
Just heard Theresa May on Radio 4 .Now a week ago approximately I said I would back her deal.Frankly having heard her this morning and over the last few days I can honestly see why many have had it with her .She simply repeats herself over and over no sign that she listens or even try's to.

GillsBluenose

Vital Squad Member
Those you refer to amount to about 25 people and a dog; you really are showing your true and vile prejudices, which the referendum allowed you to express regardless of the consequences to the economy and your kids' futures.
As I have just pointed out, it is your own true and vile prejudices that leak out when you infer that we need immigrants to do the jobs that you regard not worthy enough for your offspring.

Also, you prove how out of touch you are. I know of at least three car washes within a 20 miles radius of me that must have a combined staff of at least 50. I was not criticising them as they are undoubtedly exploited. Just using it was an example of a way of qualifying to stay within their first 3 months of residence before possibly going on to other things.

Arthurly

Vital Reserves Team
Chris - the woman is VERY economical with the truth and may be a robot (or is it a Maybot?)

Even Thatcher listened to people more than May. I hope her political career comes quickly to an end.

Wayne.Kerr

Vital 1st Team Regular
I would like to see how much Corporation tax they pay. I suspect on lines of Amazon and Starbucks.
On what basis other than ignorance do you make that statement? I've just looked at the accounts of various Honda cos operating in the UK and they do pay taxes.
Honda will still have dealerships in the UK whether they make their cars here or not, and VAT will still be added.
But you forget the earnings of employees and suppliers/service providers and their employees that will all be paying tax and NI etc.
Taxable earnings apply to every employee in the country, whoever they work for and, as you have pointed out, we do not have enough people to fill our posts anyway so need immigrants who will send a lot of their disposable income back to their families rather than spend it here and stimulate our economy.
So what? They will still have to pay for rent/mortgages, food, utilities, travel, insurances etc etc etc etc. There are plenty here who save rather than spend but they're English so it's alright.

A Little Englander definition - nationalists or English people who are perceived as xenophobic or overly nationalistic and are accused of being "ignorant" and "boorish". It is sometimes applied to opponents of globalism, multilateralism and internationalism, such as those who are against UK membership with the European Union. That's you that is

shotshy

Vital Reserves Team
"A Little Englander definition - nationalists or English people who are perceived as xenophobic or overly nationalistic and are accused of being "ignorant" and "boorish". It is sometimes applied to opponents of globalism, multilateralism and internationalism, such as those who are against UK membership with the European Union."

That's me.
And that's you doing the accusation.

You do realise that you are a bigot, don't you?

LSB2

Vital Squad Member
What's happened to her No Deal is better than a bad deal (the case she is now pursuing)?
She's a politician... She's always wanted to stay in the EU, and now she will have her way. Parliament voted 6-1 in favour on honouring the referendum, and the two major parties at the last election were for Leave. She's managed to get both parties against Leaving, and left some people wondering what the point of voting in the future!

shotshy

Vital Reserves Team
I see no way out except for a general election, a Labour victory, Jeremy to be usurped and the new labour leader to stand on a pledge of remaining in the EU.
Corbyn is such a dedicated leaver that he could not lead Labour if their members wished to go down a different track.

Of course, there is a third way that has not been spoken about yet.
Revoke Art.50 and remain in the EU.

Then put up dozens of anti EU candidates for the upcoming European Parliament elections and f*ck them up from the inside.
Veto, delay and oppose every single bit of legislation.
It wouldn't matter as WayneKerr says that it has no impact on our lives anyway.
They'll be begging us to leave within a year.

The weird contradiction is that some simple minded deluded fools say that the EU has no impact on our lives then go on to tell us how we cannot live without it.
The fact that it is so difficult to get out of shows the real impact and power of the European Union over our daily lives.
I think that we should vote against the President of the Commission next time we get the chance... oh! hang on !
We already know that Manfred Weber will be elected under Spitzencandidat. So much for democracy EU style.

Wayne.Kerr

Vital 1st Team Regular
The fact that it is so difficult to get out of shows the real impact and power of the European Union over our daily lives.
They didn't choose to leave the UK; it was the other way round and the EU doesn't want to break its rules to suit one member state - nothing to do with power but sticking to their guns. The EU's power will come when little old England sets about trying to establish close on 100 new trade deals or fall prey to the worst that WTO can offer.

Jerryattrick

Vital Reserves Team
If MPs vote for the deal then we will have left the EU, this will be followed by the transition period for agreeing the future arrangement.

The only sticking point is around something that should never happen - the backstop. All parliament has to do is send it back to the EU to agree better wording/agreement on the backstop and it will pass.

Only thing to hold it up will be political posturing plus the lying of the ‘2nd referendum group’ and the ‘brexit at any cost group’.

Therealwaldo

Vital Reserves Team
“All parliament has to do is send it back to the EU to agree better wording/agreement on the backstop”. The biggest part of the agreement was getting something agreed on the backstop. The backstop is what all the disagreement in parliament is all about. It’s hardly capable of a simple fix.

Jerryattrick

Vital Reserves Team
With the full willpower of parliament it can be sorted out as it is not something that is intended to ever happen.

The real problem is that all of the players have their own selfish aims which have nothing to do with the brexit process.

Therealwaldo

Vital Reserves Team
No one has yet come up with an acceptable plan that doesn’t involve regulatory alignment that would avoid the need for a hard border in Ireland. Unless the final agreement involves the UK agreeing to full regulatory alignment with the EU that position could last forever. One of the ‘selfish aims’ of the EU is to stick up for one of its members. Eire. None of the other solutions (Norway, Norway Plus, Canada Plus Plus Plus etc) solve the Irish border problem because none of them involve full regulatory alignment. It’s all well and good to say the backstop is never meant to come into play but finding a scenario in which it won’t is back in pink unicorn territory. That’s because you only don’t need the hard border if the final agreement provides for frictionless trade between the EU and the UK. Even Theresa May has talked about trade in the final deal being “as frictionless as possible”. If that were the case we are still waiting for mythical new technology to come to the rescue.

Gills 58

Vital Reserves Team
Are you one of the "liars" that Jerryattrick refers to Waldo? I think I'm one of them. I'd like to know when I've lied so I can apologise and correct myself.

Gills 58

Vital Reserves Team
Oh, and I'm selfish for thinking we'd be better off staying in the EU. Well, wanting everyone, on average, to be better off is selfish I suppose as myself and family will benefit imo. I plead guilty to that one.