Eriksens agent does the standard double speak. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Eriksens agent does the standard double speak.

Don't think Beck's club launches until the 20/21 season. I think that leaves Bale with one season to fill if he does head the US direction.

Perhaps he'll pass through North London on his way.

Bale thinks he is the 2nd coming of Ronaldo. He'll go where he can still win CL.

Negative style of play?I don't think so Greaves.Maybe you've been watching Spurs in a parallel universe to me.The last 5 years have been the best football I've seen from us since ...errr 1963 ?

Based on his performance over the last 6 months, the latest figure for Eriksen is absolutely ridiculous. We don't pay him to run 12 klms every game. His job to create and orchestrate has eluded him of late. RM and their fans made Luca's life hell for a while. Eriksen will have to be made of strong Danish pastry as the Spanish are not known for their patience.
If we can get anywhere near the 200 mill being bandied about, then we should bite their arm off, for a player that is well below average ATM. As long as we invest appropriately, I think it's good business.
We need to plug the hole left by Dembele and by Eriksen, even although he's yet to leave....it feels like he's already gone.

Negative style of play?I don't think so Greaves.Maybe you've been watching Spurs in a parallel universe to me.The last 5 years have been the best football I've seen from us since ...errr 1963 ?

ha ha ha ....maybe some games have reached the heady heights but we have gone from high press a few years ago in early poch days to slow slow sidey build up.

I yearn not for boring consistency. My spurs used to excite with open attacking play, We won more trophies with exciting inconsistency than the boring consistency we have now (odd games apart e.g Dortmund at home)

Yes I know we never got into the CL before Harry and Poch but we won trophies.

Your ?? 1963 comment is rather far fetched mate IMO..

The 1967 1980 1981 teams for example were a joy to watch as were the klinsman, Ginola Lineker Gaza Hoddle periods to name but a few!.

Somewhere on this site is a recent post with video showing the 3-2 away cup victory against Chelski in the 80's . Now that was attacking fun and a joy to behold. We are still inconsistent, so will never win the league, but in a really boring way now...so in my opinion your comment about the best footballl for decades is insulting to those previous teams / players/eras.

If best football is possession without end product , then you are right...go figure.

All about perception and opinion, but I beg to differ with you mate.

:wagging:

Greaves, if you want to stay in one spot then go on repeating the same mistakes over & over again.You obviously enjoy a few vicarious thrills to long-term consistency & top level achievement. I've lived through 60 years of of your kind of football - mid-table position, occasional FA cup success & some flashy individual players. You are so last century my friend. Success now is measured by being in the Champions League every year.The The FA cup & Carabau Cup are unfortunately second-rate trophies now.After 60 years of silliness I'm glad we are in the top 4 every season.That's we're it's at now old boy.

Bet you are older than moi (just)!
No way am I suggesting we stay on one spot mate.
I look at the fast open play of (unfortunately) Liverpud and Shitty) and see not only desire but pace and real aggression....I want both top 4 and style....and cups and glory and everything else....I also want to enjoy watching my team instead of bemoaning the 13th pass and we are back where we started the move!

We are united in our love of Jimmy Greaves & that we do agree on.
A last word on this though: the 2 greatest clubs ,who are renowned for the fast attacking football that you crave ,are Real Madrid & Manchester Utd. They would love to take Poch away from us !