Eriksens agent does the standard double speak. | Vital Football

Eriksens agent does the standard double speak.

Spursex

Alert Team
Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen’s agent responds to Real Madrid speculation

John Blake 13 March, 2019 English
DZtWtsgXUAANOzT-1024x700.jpg

Following the appointment of Zinedine Zidane as the new Real Madrid boss, it has been reported that the Frenchman is targeting Christian Eriksen in the summer as part of a major summer spending spree at the Bernabeu.

Eriksen is a key player for Mauricio Pochettino’s side but he is yet to agree to a new deal at the club. The Danish international will only have 12 months left on his contract this summer, and he is yet to commit his future at the club.

And there has been no indication that he will do so anytime soon. His agent has remained tight lipped over a potential move to Real Madrid.

Zidane is reportedly an admirer of the player, and Madrid are expected to test Tottenham’s resolve with a mouth watering bid in the summer.

Eriksen’s agent Martin Schoots has hailed the Spurs midfielder as a “world class player” and said that he is only focussing on his football at the moment.

“I don’t want to add to the speculation around Christian’s contract and football future. Christian is only focusing on the football,” he told Danish media outlet Ekstra Bladet.

“He has evolved from a world class talent into a world class player.”
Spurs may have to cash in on Eriksen if he refuses to agree to a new deal as they could risk losing him for free.

As I've been saying for the past 18 months - he's off.

We have to now try and get as much as we can for him.

He is an excellent player when committed. We should have had his replacement in the squad already. Get Fernandes and Havertz both and fast. They will struggle to replace him. If Madrid want him demand Isco or Rodriguez as part of the package or offer him to Bayern. Levy HAS made some monster fu*k ups but this is his biggest. Toby Ericksen Dembele is a loss that turns us into Everton.

Hey I am not afraid to say it...Take the money. Honestly if he doesn't want to be here, and he sure as hell hasn't played like he gives a shit..., then I am all for him moving on. (vice Toby, who even though we all know he is off, has been playing great and giving his all while on the pitch...I will be sad to see him go)

Again I like Eriksen, an he is great every now and then. Again big players step up, lead by example, and often drag their teams to results when needed...Eriksen sure as hell has not proven to be that guy. (but to be fair I think we only have one...possibly two players that have that mentality...Vert is one in my opinion.)

I'm betting that Bale will be a part of the deal. If we got Isco and Bale in a swap deal I'd say happy days.

I'm betting that Bale will be a part of the deal. If we got Isco and Bale in a swap deal I'd say happy days.

The chances of us meeting Bales monetary demands I would say are about 1:100...

He has an incredible deal with Real Madrid until 2022, given his injury record for them to sell him to anyone they'd have to strike a deal that is either so cheap (30-50 mill) or any club with any sense will be demanding they subsidise his wages/loyalty payments.

ZZ left because they wanted to sell Ronaldo and not Bale; so I reckon Bales days are numbered - but I wonder who is going to take the risk on him given his diabolical injury record with RM (63 injuries!)...

I can see us doing a 'loan' deal if it's subsidised, but that's all I can see.

The chances of us meeting Bales monetary demands I would say are about 1:100...

He has an incredible deal with Real Madrid until 2022, given his injury record for them to sell him to anyone they'd have to strike a deal that is either so cheap (30-50 mill) or any club with any sense will be demanding they subsidise his wages/loyalty payments.

ZZ left because they wanted to sell Ronaldo and not Bale; so I reckon Bales days are numbered - but I wonder who is going to take the risk on him given his diabolical injury record with RM (63 injuries!)...

I can see us doing a 'loan' deal if it's subsidised, but that's all I can see.

He has missed at least 25 days a season through injury since his first season, then add the rehab and getting him match fit again.

All this in a less physical league.

He has missed at least 25 days a season through injury since his first season, then add the rehab and getting him match fit again.

All this in a less physical league.

Exactly.

No club in their right mind is going to do a record busting deal for him now - the runes in the agent World is that JB is struggling to secure an alturnate deal anywhere in any prestige club sphere and that the only a loan to cheap buy or subsidised loan deal is likely to be on the table anywhere in Europe (so you might see him trot off to China or even the MLS).

He's slowed, he's a wreck physically and he desperately needs a season injury free to even look like the player he once was.

Exactly.

No club in their right mind is going to do a record busting deal for him now - the runes in the agent World is that JB is struggling to secure an alturnate deal anywhere in any prestige club sphere and that the only a loan to cheap buy or subsidised loan deal is likely to be on the table anywhere in Europe (so you might see him trot off to China or even the MLS).

He's slowed, he's a wreck physically and he desperately needs a season injury free to even look like the player he once was.

I can see him take the hit and go to Beckhams new team in Miami

It really wouldn't surprise me, they need an 'anchor' star and they could afford/would be prepared to pay him the ridiculous sums he'd still demand.

Plus he can use all the Spanish he has learnt at Madrid.... can he even say hello?

I imagine the loss in wage would be made up in endorsement, plus the quality of life/lack of effort needed.

Ive been to see Orlando play via work a lot, when Kaka was there he was putting in about 50% effort and still the best player on the pitch.

Eriksen might go in the summer with his destination likely to be Real Madrid.

Can someone tell me where the 'news' is here?!

Don't think Beck's club launches until the 20/21 season. I think that leaves Bale with one season to fill if he does head the US direction.

Perhaps he'll pass through North London on his way.